The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Heneage

We've priced him at 14m. Are either of those man city players worth the other 7m?

Johnson would be.

His injuries would be a worry though. Just what we don't need at the moment.

Is he really worth 7m ?One good season for both does not equate 7 m each.

We've priced him at 14m. Are either of those man city players worth the other 7m?

Johnson would be.

His injuries would be a worry though. Just what we don't need at the moment.

Is he really worth 7m ?One good season for both does not equate 7 m each.

I reckon so, considering the current prices and the fact he's only 20 and contracted to 2013. And English...

Guest Heneage

We all knows there's more to the Johnson injury than has been put out, apparently he's fully fit.

Careful you are treading a thin line. But i'd be lying if I said I hadn't heard similar from City fans.

.com have basically re-written that Times article:

Sunday night brought strong links with Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo, who played for the French side in an 8-0 cup victory on Saturday against a lower league outfit.

The 24 year-old Marseille-born right back is expected to arrive at United on Monday for talks and a medical after an undisclosed fee was apparently agreed.

Monday is also expected to bring developments in the goalkeeping situation, with Steve Harper set to agree an improved and extended contract to remain at SJP. Meanwhile Manchester City are said now to have made an acceptable offer for Shay Given, who looks keen to move.

There's also talk from JFK of a response being expected on a previous bid for a midfielder but the situation isn't clear at present as to whether that and Ebondo depend upon the cash for Given. It's also unclear whether there's any attempt to bring in a player from City - either in part/ex or on loan for the rest of the season.

Any deal for Given would presumably be conditional upon him not appearing for either side on Wednesday night.

.com have basically re-written that Times article:

Sunday night brought strong links with Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo, who played for the French side in an 8-0 cup victory on Saturday against a lower league outfit.

The 24 year-old Marseille-born right back is expected to arrive at United on Monday for talks and a medical after an undisclosed fee was apparently agreed.

Monday is also expected to bring developments in the goalkeeping situation, with Steve Harper set to agree an improved and extended contract to remain at SJP. Meanwhile Manchester City are said now to have made an acceptable offer for Shay Given, who looks keen to move.

There's also talk from JFK of a response being expected on a previous bid for a midfielder but the situation isn't clear at present as to whether that and Ebondo depend upon the cash for Given. It's also unclear whether there's any attempt to bring in a player from City - either in part/ex or on loan for the rest of the season.

Any deal for Given would presumably be conditional upon him not appearing for either side on Wednesday night.

Fuck knows if it'll come off but those two would be a good help. Fully expect us to get turned down and get nobody, but fingers crossed and all that.

Harper's been adequate and Krul's looked fine when called upon. I would miss Given alot, as he's been synonymous with the club since I was in primary school, but I think we have cover for him. Michael Johnson, Onouha, and Ebondo are all players I'd like to have at this club. I know those boys have talent, and I know all of them could come in here and play for several years. So it would not be too disappointing. Those boys+Lovenkrands (and hopefully a buy with the Given cash) and several youngstes would make this a pretty good window in my opinion.

Can't comprehend why anyone would want someone who's injured and showing no signs of a return. Do we get a free pint if we collect ten?

Because he can answer part of the midfield puzzle, and he's young, and it's not as though he will have a high transfer fee or wages.

How can he answer anything if he doesn't play again this season?

Can't comprehend why anyone would want someone who's injured and showing no signs of a return. Do we get a free pint if we collect ten?

Because he can answer part of the midfield puzzle, and he's young, and it's not as though he will have a high transfer fee or wages.

I'm assuming the club will be able to sort him out before May. Even if not though, I don't see the problem in bringinghim here.  There's obviously a worst case scenario here, but also the chance that we will have found a real player. I just think it's worth the risk.

I'm assuming the club will be able to sort him out before May. Even if not though, I don't see the problem in bringinghim here. There's obviously a worst case scenario here, but also the chance that we will have found a real player. I just think it's worth the risk.

Newcastle United will be able to sort out his injuries?

Did you just type that?

He won't want to play in the Championship anyway so the "risk" is lunacy. The only swap deal I would entertain would involve Stephen Ireland or Robinho and no amount of cash would tempt me.

I could be naive, but .com rarely give front page space to transfer stories, so I don't know whether to take more notice.

There was a time when it seemed .com was always first with the news, but for the last few years the few things that they have got right seem more like luck that anything tbh.

johnson is a very good player.....when he plays.

right now i'd take cash instead to use on someone who will play till the end of the season (not guaranteed i know)

johnson is a risk too far at the moment.