The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Saviola would just be another Owen, or even worse, as he probably couldn't adapt to the EPL.  Please god no.

true

untrue

nah, he's an exact copy of Owen mate, except more pacey and worse at finishing.. and I know how high you rate Owen

Guest Heneage

If Saviola doesn't sign for us and signs for someone else in the prem we will be crying about it for years to come ...

Brilliant player. Hope we get him.

Wrong wrong and wrong again sir.

Guest justin99.

Nothing in the english press so it's just bollocks for now.

???

I would have thought being in the english press would lower it's credibility

Jonas would be the last player Chelsea need, they actually need the opposite of Jonas. I'd be surprised if they actually wanted him.

I remember Martins was linked with Chelsea in his first season - and Jonas has been linked with them for the same reason - he's looking like a brilliant player a) because of all the dross surrounding him and b) he's a new face on these shores.

Guest Nile Rangers Dreads

Jonas would be the last player Chelsea need, they actually need the opposite of Jonas. I'd be surprised if they actually wanted him.

what is the opposite of jonas?

Guest toonlass

what is the opposite of jonas?

Nicky Butt!

I remember Martins was linked with Chelsea last season - and Jonas has been linked with them for the same reason - he's looking like a brilliant player because of all the dross surrounding him.

So Jonas only looks good because the rest of the team looks shite?

Nothing to do with him being a good player then?

Guest Nile Rangers Dreads

:lol: I mean a player who scores goals from the wing and is adept at crossing it in. The roles that Duff ( :no:) and Robben filled for them. Still haven't been replaced. Jonas is a very good player, but his style of play would not solve Chelsea's issues.

He must have left those skills in the chelsea locker room.

Guest firetotheworks

Saviola would be class. I was crying out for us to get him when we got Owen. Might be a bit rusty for the prem now, but I reckon around 2005 he would have been brilliant. I'd still be happy if we got him now mind.

I remember Martins was linked with Chelsea last season - and Jonas has been linked with them for the same reason - he's looking like a brilliant player because of all the dross surrounding him.

So Jonas only looks good because the rest of the team looks shite?

Nothing to do with him being a good player then?

I've edited that post a bit because it was actually Martins' first season (under Roeder) - I'm not doubting the ability of Jonas, I think he's a very good player, but if the rest of our team were firing on all cylinders and we had a dynamic midfield than could tackle back and yet provide good ammo for the frontmen, it wouldn't be just Jonas linked with a move to Chelsea or similar.

Saviola would be class. I was crying out for us to get him when we got Owen. Might be a bit rusty for the prem now, but I reckon around 2005 he would have been brilliant. I'd still be happy if we got him now mind.

That's just about half our squad.

Guest ObaStar

Oh good so we are just half a decade late then

Nothing further on Macmanus from Celtic, thank God. Rather we went for Berra from Hearts as I do not rate Macmanus at all.

What I found interesting was the lack of a response from Celtic considering we were linked with their captain.

Had me thinking there might be something in it.