The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Heneage

If I see the f***ing phrase "... before the transfer window slams shut" one more time I'm going to kill a journo.

Nixon! Nixon! Nixon!

Typical Dave, getting someone else to do his dirty work for him. :knuppel2:

Amazed we weren't in for Barnes.

Kinnear is also hopeful of bringing in Ryan Taylor from Wigan.

He added: "We've put in a bid and we are waiting for the outcome."

But he says that Abil Ebondo looks unlikely to be coming Tyneside after Tolouse doubled their asking price.

He said: "We thought it was a bid of £3million but it ended up being £6million so we pulled out for now."

But he says that Abil Ebondo looks unlikely to be coming Tyneside after Tolouse doubled their asking price.

He said: "We thought it was a bid of £3million but it ended up being £6million so we pulled out for now."

Ive always wondered what goes on in the negotiation process and how it takes so much time with one player, what more is there to say than "how much do you want for that player?"

Yesterday Kinnear claimed we'd offered £2.5 and they raised the price to £3 million.  Now he says we offered £3 million originally and they doubled the asking price, fucking jackanory..

who's negotiating, Peter fucking Griffin?

Yesterday Kinnear claimed we'd offered £2.5 and they raised the price to £3 million.  Now he says we offered £3 million originally and they doubled the asking price, fucking jackanory..

Like I said yesterday, the M'Bia and Ebondo links were obviously bullshit, the reality is we have bought Nolan and Ryan, two players who will fit in with Kinnear's fish n' chips management style.

Chelsea winger Gael Kakuta is being pursued by relegation rivals Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur according to Sport.co.uk sources. The  highly rated left winger has been with the West London club for over a year having joined fron French club Lens. In his first year the tricky wideman was voted the Chelsea Academy's Scholar of the Year by staff and peers.

The 17-year-old French U-17 international has also been tipped by Chelsea favourite Frank Lampard as one to watch for the future along with academy team mate Miroslav Stoch:

He said: "I think Kakuta stands out for his ability. His natural talent for someone who is just 16 (current age is 17) is amazing and Stoch is also impressive.

"Playing on the big occasions at the big stadiums is what it?'s all about and this will give them a taste. They just have to make sure they don't freeze, and I have every confidence in them."

Tottenham are desperate for a left sided option after having a series of offers for Stewart Downing rejected, and Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear is weighing up left footed options with Charles N'Zogbia's exit likely after Kinnear reffered to the frenchman as Insomnia in an interview after the defeat to Manchester City.

Chelsea would only allow Kakuta to leave on a short term loan deal.

turns into a good player on FM.

French winger? no thanks.

Is life imitating Football Manager or has FM become really really accurate about how football transfers work?

If life is imitating FM then we should probably offer £5.5m, wait till they raise the price again to £9m then we can offer £2.75m which they'll then accept.

Chelsea winger Gael Kakuta is being pursued by relegation rivals Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur according to Sport.co.uk sources. The  highly rated left winger has been with the West London club for over a year having joined fron French club Lens. In his first year the tricky wideman was voted the Chelsea Academy's Scholar of the Year by staff and peers.

The 17-year-old French U-17 international has also been tipped by Chelsea favourite Frank Lampard as one to watch for the future along with academy team mate Miroslav Stoch:

He said: "I think Kakuta stands out for his ability. His natural talent for someone who is just 16 (current age is 17) is amazing and Stoch is also impressive.

"Playing on the big occasions at the big stadiums is what it?'s all about and this will give them a taste. They just have to make sure they don't freeze, and I have every confidence in them."

Tottenham are desperate for a left sided option after having a series of offers for Stewart Downing rejected, and Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear is weighing up left footed options with Charles N'Zogbia's exit likely after Kinnear reffered to the frenchman as Insomnia in an interview after the defeat to Manchester City.

He is very skillful, but a bit young to throw into a relegation battle.

If we sell Zog and Shay, we'll have brought in at least £15m and we've still spent only £5m. That leaves £10m even without Ashley putting any money in, we should still be looking to bring in another full back, midfielder and ideally a striker.

Reputable source, as ever.

http://www.fansfc.com/TottenhamHotspur/story/5602/1.html

Newcastle United Football Club hope Darren Bent can rescue their season.

The Magpies remain deep in relegation trouble following their 2-1 loss at Manchester City on Wednesday night, which leaves them just two points ahead of the drop zone.

Joe Kinnear is looking to add a striker to his squad before the February 2 deadline, and reports suggest he has turned his attentions to England international Bent.

The former Charlton Athletic ace cost Tottenham Hotspur £16.5million when he moved from the Valley at the start of last season, but he has struggled to find his best form.

It is believed the Magpies are willing to offer £12million for the 24-year-old, who has hit seven goals for Spurs in the Premier League this campaign.

Harry Redknapp is said to be willing to let Bent move on, with Jermain Defoe and Roman Pavlyuchenko his favoured two strikers at the North London club.

The Magpies remain deep in relegation trouble following their 2-1 loss at Manchester City on Wednesday night, which leaves them just two points ahead of the drop zone.

Joe Kinnear is looking to add a striker to his squad before the February 2 deadline, and reports suggest he has turned his attentions to England international Bent.

The former Charlton Athletic ace cost Tottenham Hotspur £16.5million when he moved from the Valley at the start of last season, but he has struggled to find his best form.

It is believed the Magpies are willing to offer £12million for the 24-year-old, who has hit seven goals for Spurs in the Premier League this campaign.

Harry Redknapp is said to be willing to let Bent move on, with Jermain Defoe and Roman Pavlyuchenko his favoured two strikers at the North London club.

This isn't the first time i've said this.....JOE.....GET BENT!!

Fuck me! What would happen if Kinnear tried to tackle a name like that

Guest johnson293

f*** me! What would happen if Kinnear tried to tackle a name like that

'Gayle Calcutta'

This isn't the first time i've said this.....JOE.....GET BENT!!

:lol:

I wouldn't mind a punt on Bent right now, I know Spurs fans think he can't form a partnership with anybody but surely if anyone can turn that around it's Andy Carroll!

£12m's a bit steep , it comes down to about £8m we are talking.