The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Trying to sign Sami fucking Hyypia, someone who anyone can see has been past it for a couple of seasons.  He's appalling now.

Trying to swap Oba for Darren Bent ffs, the money was there to just make a bid for him but instead we try and flog one of our most dangerous players.

What a complete joke.

Trying to sign sami fucking Hyypia, someone who anyone can see has been past it for a couple of seasons.  He's appalling now.

Trying to swap Oba for Darren Bent ffs, the money was there to just make a bid for him but instead we try and flog one of our most dangerous players.

What a complete joke.

They've denied that like.

Oh my word...

That was a rumour that was quickly denied.

Trying to sign sami fucking Hyypia, someone who anyone can see has been past it for a couple of seasons.  He's appalling now.

What a complete joke.

The Martins bit wasn't true though.

I've got no complaints about the two who have gone but we are taking a massive gamble on our Premiership status.  I don't think we/they have any excuse for not sorting out some of the obvious problems we have as they are the same as they were a month ago other than Barton who is unproven here anyway. 

We can possibly live with Owen being out if Kinnear has the balls to pick the best 11 but I'm not sure that he has, Sunday suggests that he hasn't.

Trying to sign sami f***ing Hyypia, someone who anyone can see has been past it for a couple of seasons.  He's appalling now.

What a complete joke.

They've denied that like.

At the moment do you honestly believe Newcastle instead of sky sports following reports it has been rejected ?

What are Newcastle going to say even if it were true ?

Oh yeah we tried to get rid of one of our players, but it didnt work out so now he has to play for us still.

Ofcourse they'd deny it, knowing them it probably is true.

Regrettably I am in the camp that believes we will be relegated now. It isn't because we didn't sign more players in this window (although that certainly has not helped) but because we have a seriously incompetent manager who has no idea how to get the best out of the players we currently do have. If he remains in charge we will go down. If he is replaced then we might have a chance. i know the usual cry will go up as to who would come to Newcastle, but if MA throws enough cash and incentives to keep us up to a good manager then he could be persuaded to come and do a rescue job. After all there is basically nothing for him to lose as if we still go down it would not be his fault given the squad etc but if he kept us up he would get all the plaudits going.

I think that if we manage to stay up, by the skin of our teeth, then next season will be the same as this, and the season after, and the season after.

While Mike Ashley runs the club.

Relegation and possible subsequent administration or at least utter mediocrity the likes of which many people on here have not seen and would never dreamed of beckons under this man, and whoever the manager is won't really alter it, because if by some chance he manages to find a manager on his way to the top, he will leave and reach the top with another club.

Welcome back to the old days, pre-1992. Sorry if people don't like this, but its true, and it couldn't be more obvious.

Trying to sign sami f***ing Hyypia, someone who anyone can see has been past it for a couple of seasons.  He's appalling now.

What a complete joke.

The Martins bit wasn't true though.

Them's not the rules though. We have to believe this, but not believe we were seriously trying to sign an £8m midfielder.

Guest The Libertine

Quick look at the last few days of the window, jimmy bullard, giles barnes, Savio Nsereko, Carlo Cudicini are some we could have gone in for.

How about Luis Garcia or M'bia as we were once going to.

How about WE should have been the side to make a prior agreement over Jay simpson before west brom.

Are you related to Mike Ashley ? You seem more than ready to find any possible excuse for none of this being his fault whatsoever.

If i understand rightly, you're argument is that there were simply no players other on the planet that we could possibly have bought.

bullard was £5 million and on about £60k a week and nearing (or is? or is over?) 30. nolan is as good if not better than him, was cheaper, less wages and quite a bit younger. i'll give you barnes on loan, slightly risky but he would do. savio cost £10 million i think (or will) and cudicini would be rather pointless. big wages, mid 30's and we have a good enough keeper already and a few young ones wanting games. m'bia would blow your budget on 1 player. not sure how garcia is doing recently so cant comment, but it would lose us our only left back.

no doubt wenger would prefer he went to WBA and played every game instead of playing just some of ours.

there were players on the planet but the bit some people cant seem to grasp is that they either werent realistic, would cost too much, wouldnt want to join us or wouldnt be very good at all for such a small price. we only had £10 million till yesterday. that doesnt stretch very far these days (especially in january).

Guest ovesbar

I still believe that they have someone signing.. And I will cry myself to sleep when the truth hits me..We are going down fast..

Quick look at the last few days of the window, jimmy bullard, giles barnes, Savio Nsereko, Carlo Cudicini are some we could have gone in for.

How about WE should have been the side to make a prior agreement over Jay simpson before west brom.

Are you related to Mike Ashley ? You seem more than ready to find any possible excuse for none of this being his fault whatsoever.

If i understand rightly, you're argument is that there were simply no players other on the planet that we could possibly have bought.

bullard was £5 million and on about £60k a week and nearing (or is? or is over?) 30. nolan is as good if not better than him, was cheaper, less wages and quite a bit younger. i'll give you barnes on loan, slightly risky but he would do. savio cost £10 million i think (or will) and cudicini would be rather pointless. big wages, mid 30's and we have a good enough keeper already and a few young ones wanting games. m'bia would blow your budget on 1 player. not sure how garcia is doing recently so cant comment, but it would lose us our only left back.

no doubt wenger would prefer he went to WBA and played every game instead of playing just some of ours.

there were players on the planet but the bit some people cant seem to grasp is that they either werent realistic, would cost too much, wouldnt want to join us or wouldnt be very good at all for such a small price. we only had £10 million till yesterday. that doesnt stretch very far these days (especially in january).

Us only having 10 mill is down to Ashley to decide. Perhaps a lot of his money is tied up, but it is very likely that he could have shelled out more than that if he chose to. He has had more than enough time to prepare for this window knowing our situation.

There are people on other forums claiming to have seen someone at airport in newcastle surrounded by press supposedly on his way to sjp

the guys waffling about it on nufcblog.com the oba martins thread

Bullshit rumors should be punishable by death.

Guest The Libertine

Us only having 10 mill is down to Ashley to decide. Perhaps a lot of his money is tied up, but it is very likely that he could have shelled out more than that if he chose to. He has had more than enough time to prepare for this window knowing our situation.

its the fact that he knows our situation that we only had £10 million, which is probably more than most teams around us had (or at least spent). if kinnear couldnt make the money work for him then thats another vital flaw we've found in ol' joe.