The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I know you cant just take a single moment but I think, if you put Zog in the same position as Duff on Sunday, he doesnt fall over looking for a penalty like a complete cheating pussy - Zog looks to shoot and score.

If you want to look at moments, how about that "moment" against Blackburn where Carroll was it? Knocked one on to the Zog and he just stopped running for it.

The one that Carroll put through so hard that Zog was never going to make it?

Best young player we've had in 15 years?! Are you actually Charles N'Zogbia?

Name a better NUFC youth product since 1994.

If you can include N'Zogbia as an NUFC youth product you can include Keith Gillespie, Dyer & Andy Cole.

All of those were a good bit older by the time they joined NUFC. Point taken, though I still think of Fabregas as an Arsenal 'kid' rather than a Barcelona one. It's testament to N'Zogbia's ability that he was thrown into the first team at 18 and able to grab the opportunity like he did rather than hanging round the reserves with the odd 3 minute cameo like most of our kids do.

If you can include N'Zogbia as an NUFC youth product you can include Keith Gillespie, Dyer & Andy Cole.

Completely different. Dyer had made 100+ appearances before we bought him and was in the England set - up. Cole was one of the top scorers in the league and Gillespie had also made several appearances inc. international

so you're demanding we should have brought more (decent, you said) players in but you cant name anybody you would go for with £10 million? even on a harmless, not actually real, internet forum?

or has reality just smacked you between the eyes?

Reality is our first team is now worse than it was in December. Of the £10M Kinnear allegedly was handed for transfers, the club have spunked a whopping f*** all, not counting profit from the sales of our best player and a whinging French c***.

harper or given? given is better, although its a lot closer than some people think.

nolan or butt, geremi, smith or the ever reliable barton? thats easy.

lovenkrands or n'zogbia? a player who wouldnt have ever kicked a ball for us again or anybody? easy.

taylor is very versatile and a decent player who'll add depth.

if kinnear was handed £10 million then blame him if you're not happy.

I've seen you made this point a few times already, but up until this week N'Zogbia was willing to play for us and arguably one of our few players capable of creating anything resembling a goalscoring opportunity, which is something you completely fail to consider..

Not to mention one of the few players who could run 10 yards without needing an inhaler.

Not to mention that he was a whinging little s*** who has been trying to get away from the club for the past three years,

Or that despite running around the pitch aimlessly with his wonderful "pace," he was a complete headless chicken who's produced about as much as Damien f***ing Duff over the past three years.

That's bollocks though. He's produced vastly more despite having no more than a dozen games in the same position.

Same numbers of goals and assists. Roughly the same number of appearances (around 60 over the past 3 years) because Duff has been injured so often.

Zog is case in point #1 of the "OMG he's got pace he's got to be awesome" syndrome. What other positive qualities are there to his game other than being able to take on his man once in a blue moon?

Duff also creates smooth, creative moves maybe once every couple of games. But when he does it it's a one-off. Zog just looks better because he's moving really fast when he's doing it.

Neither contributes enough.

How on Earth do you come to the conclusion that they have the same number of assists?

I'd count the number of games N'Zogbia has played on the left wing if I could be bothered. Bet it's no more than 15.

Because they both have an assist and a goal apiece this season. They're both players who rarely produce anything of substance.

As for Zog, he's played around 15 games on the left wing this season alone.

Charlie got seven assists last season. Duff has one in the past two years.

Your last sentence is ludicrous. I count seven (3 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat, including our best run of the season).

So I went and actually did the research. Dear God I don't believe I bothered to dig all of this up.

Duff has 67 apps, 5 goals, and 6 assists in the past three seasons.

Zog has 68 apps, 5 goals, and 10 assists. So yeah he does assist more.

Still pretty piss poor records for both though.

As for Zog's games started on left wing this year

Coventry City Away Win

Arsenal Away Loss

Spurs Home (CC) Loss

Blackburn Home Loss

Everton Away Draw

Wigan Home Draw

Chelsea Away Draw

Boro Away Draw

Stoke Home Draw

Portsmouth Away Win

Spurs Home Win

Wigan Away Loss

Liverpool Home Loss

The two Hull fiascos

Blackburn Away Loss

That's sixteen starts on the left wing.

Ludicrous? ???

Most of those 68 games of Charlie's have been at left back so it's a ludicrous comparison in terms of goals and assists, yet he still manages to come out on top. They're also largely in fits and starts rather than a consistent run in the team which makes a massive difference in terms of form and confidence.

I've underestimated the amount of games he's played there, you're right, but some of them in there are wrong, the two Hull games and the two Wigan games mainly. He was having a superb run before Wigan (a), was shuffled to LB for the despicable Duff and that's where this current fiasco with him started and ended, at the JJB.

"Most" of his games? Wake up man! The whole idea of using Zog as a left back only even started under Big Sam last season. He's played the majority of his games on the wing.

Incidentally, Charlie's scored 3 of his 5 goals from the left back position. Would you rather make a comparison based solely on both players' starts while playing in their preferred positions? I can  guarantee you it wont' be any more favorable.

Face it, the only reason you love the despicable French waster so much is because Damien Duff occasionally kept him out of the team :lol:

The team's results with Charlie on the left are far better than with Duff there, I'd be happy to see a comparison but since the club's worst run of form for 40 years started and ended with Damien Duff's return and subsequent binning, I reckon I'm right.

You've got it the wrong way round. I despise Duff because his name has been used by idiot managers to ruin the best young player we've had in 15 years - that and he's been one of the worst players to play for Newcastle in my time supporting the club of course.

It's pointless man. You get the same criticisms of Martins, despite the fact when he's out of the side we look like a f***ing Championship team, full of a bunch of one-paced wonders passing the ball carefully sideways and getting beat.

There is no comparison whatsoever with N'Zogbia and Martins. Martins has saved our asses with his goals on numerous occasions. N'Zogbia has accomplished nothing.

I said both players get the same criticism, i.e., headless chickens, lack of intelligence and so on. He was worth his weight in gold if only for his selling fee. If we can find a buyer for Duff at a quarter of that and you'll have a point.

Martins has qualities that more than make up for his downfalls. N'Zogbia's a bit pacy and that's it.

A bit pacy, can tackle, cross, beat a man and shoot. Other than that I agree, he's ordinairy.

Pacy? Yes

Beats a man once in a while, just like Duff does? Yes

Can tackle?  :idiot2:

Cross?  :kasper:

Shoot?  :frantic:

I forgot to mention he's a hard b****** as well. Those are always useful in your team. Did you see Damien Duff getting tossed around like a rag doll in the first half on the touchline?

Wait, you've been winding me up, right?

Hard b******? mackems.gif

Have you found a buyer for Damien Duff yet? Forget £8million if we can get 500k that'll do.

N'Zogbia's not developed at all. Nothing about his game has changed. In fact, I'd say he's worse now. This does pain me, but it's the truth.

He's developed us a healthy £8million fee if nothing else. If we can say that about our 'superior' players then we are better than I thought.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Duff would batter Wullie in a fight to be fair.

He'd bludgeon him to death with his down syndrome-esque head.

HA!

Well played!

N'Zogbia's not developed at all. Nothing about his game has changed. In fact, I'd say he's worse now. This does pain me, but it's the truth.

Thats the same with all our kids, never improve.

Last young player that improved that i can think of was Bellamy.  He was super determined person though.  The kids we have now just seem to take everything for granted.

He's developed us a healthy £8million fee if nothing else. If we can say that about our 'superior' players then we are better than I thought.

Of course a manager will pay more for a 22 year old with "potential" than a 29 year old who's at the end of his rope.

Of course a manager will pay more for a 22 year old with "potential" than a 29 year old who's at the end of his rope.

That's what Wenger does. Teams like Stoke and Fulham buy players at the end of their rope. How do Nolan and Lovenkrands fit into this scenario?

That's what Wenger does. Teams like Stoke and Fulham buy players at the end of their rope. How do Nolan and Lovenkrands fit into this scenario?

Loverkrands....not yet 30...only here till May

Nolan....26...younger than Arshavin who Arsenal bought today.

There are only three players at this club that would require fees over 8 million pounds: Martins, Gutierrez, and Bassong.

If Ryan Taylor is valued at £1.5million and we got him plus £6.5m for Zog that makes Charlie worth £8million. It's not that difficult.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

Wait What? What do you mean? I'm honestly confused to what your point is. :lol:

I rest my case.

You included Nolan and Arshavin in the same sentence using Nolan's age as a positive. Are you serious? :lol:

I rest my case.

You included Nolan and Arshavin in the same sentence using Nolan's age as a positive. Are you serious? :lol:

Oh well yeah, that's a ridiculous comparison :lol: You were saying that managers like Wenger only pays for young players and the likes of Fulham and Stoke take players taht are past it. You used Nolan as an example of a player that was past it. I am saying that Nolan is younger than the only player Wenger bought today.  I don't think he is past it.

I rest my case.

Oh well yeah, that's a ridiculous comparison :lol: You were saying that managers like Wenger only pays for young players and the likes of Fulham and Stoke take players taht are past it. You used Nolan as an example of a player that was past it. I am saying that Nolan is younger than the only player Wenger bought today.  I don't think he is past it.

I am saying Wenger has bought quality and we have bought left-overs.

Guest BigTrev

I rest my case.

I am saying Wenger has bought quality and we have bought left-overs.

a zenit left over you mean

There are only three players at this club that would require fees over 8 million pounds: Martins, Gutierrez, and Bassong.

If Ryan Taylor is valued at £1.5million and we got him plus £6.5m for Zog that makes Charlie worth £8million. It's not that difficult.

We didn't, they were separate deals with both deals going through as undisclosed fees. Therefore if we sold Charlie for £6.5m he is worth £6.5m not £8m.

Shola.

Edit - as the previous people said, he's hardly a youth product.

This argument :lol:

If all other products of the academy / development are utter shite, the even if N'Zogbia is one of the better ones, this benchmark is so low that it therefore DOES NOT mean he would save us from relegation.

In fact i'm finding it impossible to fathom the logic of an argument that involves N'Zogbia and fighting for relegation. Thats probably because such arguments are not based on logic but agendas tbh.

Whether he goes on to be a better player at Wigan is irrelevant, he wasnt going to go an be a better player here so cashing in was the best option.