The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I'd try for the following, and i think we'd have a reasonable chance of getting them:

Jonny Evans

James McFadden

Papa Bouba Diop

Baptista (loan)

A decent left back

That addresses all the positions we need cover for except right back, but if i remember correctly Evans has played there in the past.

Diop out with medial knee ligament damage.

Newcastle rival Man City for Marseille's Taiwo

30.12.08 | tribalfootball.com

Newcastle United are launching a bid for Olympique Marseille fullback Taye Taiwo.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear is desperate to find a new left-back and French sources say Nigeria international is a top target.

Taiwo has already declared this month ambitions of moving to England and is also wanted by Manchester City.

Newcastle United are launching a bid for Olympique Marseille fullback Taye Taiwo.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear is desperate to find a new left-back and French sources say Nigeria international is a top target.

Taiwo has already declared this month ambitions of moving to England and is also wanted by Manchester City.

City have the money and we dont so only one winner there

Guest sicko2ndbest

City have the money and we dont so only one winner there

If Man City are in, forget about it!

I know it's tribal football. Just thought it would be entertaining to talk about.

If you thought that was even remotely far fetched check this one out ...

Juventus hardman Poulsen in Newcastle sights

Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen is interesting Newcastle United.

The Denmark international only moved to Juve in the summer from Sevilla, with the transfer being criticised by Italian pundits.

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear is desperate to add steel to his midfield and has Poulsen on his radar

Guest The German

Kevin Doyle                                  geeeedddinnnnnnn.

In the last 4 Years:

156 Matches with 58 Goals and 12 Assists.

Kevin Doyle in here would be brilliant. Aswell as Joe Ledley with 174 Matches, 21 Goals and 18 Assists

Hasn't Doyle just signed a new contract with Reading, therefore, would cost a fortune to buy? It would be a good signing but I think he would be too pricey.

I have seen Ledley play a few times for Cardiff and Wales and never been overly impressed but he does get rave reviews. Whether he would be the answer to our problems is another matter, an upgrade on Butt purley on the basis that Ledley can move quicker than a snail.