The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Bougherra would be good cover for right back, centre half and holding midfield. For 3m, he has loads of potential. Physically he's superb and he's very good on the ball. A bit of nous and experience and he could be very good. Reminds me a bit of a young Rio- but not as good.

He's 26. How much better can he get exactly?

As a centre half. A lot I would say. I thought he was 24 tbh, but Rio is 30. Has he not improved in the last 4 years?

He was good enough for Man Utd and Leeds to pay £18m+ each before he was 26, so there's your answer.

What's that got to do with how much he's improved over the last 4 years though?

I got the impression the Captain was implying that he felt Ferdinand has massively improved in the last 4 years. I disagree, he was quality before then and the transfer fees reflect that.

Just because he was class before 4 years back doesn't mean to say he hasn't improved since then though.

You don't say.

Of course he's steadily improved as a player over the years, that's to be expected of a regular England and Man Utd player. The fact is that he was of immense quality and class before he was Bougherra's age, and has only got better since.

It's a strange comparison because Bougherra hasn't had anything close to as good a reputation as Ferdinand had before he was 26. Ferdinand hasn't improved "a lot" in the last 4 years because he didn't need to. I can't see such an average player as Bougherra is making a massive leap in quality any time soon.

Guest toonlass

Bougherra would be good cover for right back, centre half and holding midfield. For 3m, he has loads of potential. Physically he's superb and he's very good on the ball. A bit of nous and experience and he could be very good. Reminds me a bit of a young Rio- but not as good.

As a centre half. A lot I would say. I thought he was 24 tbh, but Rio is 30. Has he not improved in the last 4 years?

He was good enough for Man Utd and Leeds to pay £18m+ each before he was 26, so there's your answer.

I got the impression the Captain was implying that he felt Ferdinand has massively improved in the last 4 years. I disagree, he was quality before then and the transfer fees reflect that.

Just because he was class before 4 years back doesn't mean to say he hasn't improved since then though.

You don't say.

Of course he's steadily improved as a player over the years, that's to be expected of a regular England and Man Utd player. The fact is that he of immense quality and class before he was Bougherra's age, and has only got better since.

It's a strange comparison because Bougherra hasn't had anything close to as good a reputation as Ferdinand had before he was 26. Ferdinand hasn't improve "a lot" in the last 4 years because he didn't need to. I can't see such an average player as Bougherra is making a massive leap in quality any time soon.

Would have preferred us to go for Cuellar last summer than Bougherra, but he would be ok for back up to the first team I would guess.

You don't say.

Of course he's steadily improved as a player over the years, that's to be expected of a regular England and Man Utd player. The fact is that he of immense quality and class before he was Bougherra's age, and has only got better since.

It's a strange comparison because Bougherra hasn't had anything close to as good a reputation as Ferdinand had before he was 26. Ferdinand hasn't improve "a lot" in the last 4 years because he didn't need to. I can't see such an average player as Bougherra is making a massive leap in quality any time soon.

Would have preferred us to go for Cuellar last summer than Bougherra, but he would be ok for back up to the first team I would guess.

The important question is - is he better than Taylor?

You don't say.

Apologies for the confusion. I just used Ferdinand as a comparison as I'd previously stated Bougherra reminded me of him somewhat. My point was that players- certainly centre halfs can improve a lot after 26. Its mainly that bit of nous they need.

Bougherra was superb at Sheff Wed. If he had been English and produced those performances he would have cost 10m. He was good for Charlton before they went down and then moved to a Champions League club. He's a good player who doesn't need to improve much to be a good Premier League player. Just needs that experience that will come with games in a top league.

Guest toonlass

You don't say.

Bougherra? I would say yes he is.

Guest VegasToon

You don't say.

Bougherra? I would say yes he is.

Then lets get him for 3 mil and sell Taylor for 10 mil.  I don't think any one would complain.  Bassong and Coloccini are first choice any how.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think 2 destroyers such as:

PBD

Chris Samba

would be fantasic aquisitions and give us some much needed power

The pair would probably command a joint fee of around 10-12 mil

A full back and a creative CM would be a great window

Samba and Bouba Diop would be great addition, this way i think we could go into the championship and find back-up fullbacks too. Colo-Samba and Diop-Barton/Guthrie would be a killer if you ask me, we need strong physical players but with a touch of flair, like Bouba.

Samba and Bouba Diop would be great addition, this way i think we could go into the championship and find back-up fullbacks too. Colo-Samba and Diop-Barton/Guthrie would be a killer if you ask me, we need strong physical players but with a touch of flair, like Bouba.

Samba would be. Papa has went off the boil from the days he was bossing it at Fulham.

I saw somewhere Arry may be dumping Dos Santos, I know we have some people on here who have keen interest in Spurs, what has he been like in the games when he has played? I am guessing badly.

I saw somewhere Arry may be dumping Dos Santos, I know we have some people on here who have keen interest in Spurs, what has he been like in the games when he has played? I am guessing badly.

don't know how he has done in other games, but he made a big difference when he came on against us in the cup.

don't know how he has done in other games, but he made a big difference when he came on against us in the cup.

He was on the wing iirc, aye your right he played well had some nice touches.

Samba would be. Papa has went off the boil from the days he was bossing it at Fulham.

Bouba Diop has the same injury as Barton... could be out for weeks! What happened to the quick fix?

not really. His partner have however.

Guest Heneage

Why isn't Michael Johnson playing for City these days? Injured or just can't get a game?

Omgz you guyz sum 1 might sue for stating a rumour!!!