The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

To be fair I'm just cynical about how we'll act in this window. The first few days of the window have got me doubting any kind of news link or soundbyte that Kinnear has come out with.

I always find the  first few days we get the nob heads like Megson & Allardyce whinging  about not being able to buy players when they want. Yet by reckoning Megson has only bid for James Morrison (WBA) only to get the knockback, the ginger c*** could found out months before what price WBA were going to sell at.

Could have added Roeder to that list a few seasons back for the first few days of the window and the day after the last. Waking up to headlines of 'Roeder Rues Window' doesn't help the morning coffee go down any easier with a picture of him in the technical area, lips tightly pursed.

Aye.

Look at Real Madrid they knew they had to hit the ground running as soon as the Spanish winter break was over & went out got Klass & Lass in for the first game back, that is how it is f***ing done. This nation football clubs are obsessed with buying on the last day of transfer windows.

everyone works up to a deadline, human nature

I would imagine it has less to do with clubs wanting to buy on the last day and more to do with clubs wanting to sell on the last day. If you're a selling club, why would you want to offload good players at the beginning of January when you could have used them during the month before seeing them off, provided you have that option?

To be fair I'm just cynical about how we'll act in this window. The first few days of the window have got me doubting any kind of news link or soundbyte that Kinnear has come out with.

I always find the  first few days we get the nob heads like Megson & Allardyce whinging  about not being able to buy players when they want. Yet by reckoning Megson has only bid for James Morrison (WBA) only to get the knockback, the ginger c*** could found out months before what price WBA were going to sell at.

Could have added Roeder to that list a few seasons back for the first few days of the window and the day after the last. Waking up to headlines of 'Roeder Rues Window' doesn't help the morning coffee go down any easier with a picture of him in the technical area, lips tightly pursed.

Aye.

Look at Real Madrid they knew they had to hit the ground running as soon as the Spanish winter break was over & went out got Klass & Lass in for the first game back, that is how it is f***ing done. This nation football clubs are obsessed with buying on the last day of transfer windows.

I would imagine it has less to do with clubs wanting to buy on the last day and more to do with clubs wanting to sell on the last day. If you're a selling club, why would you want to offload good players at the beginning of January when you could have used them during the month before seeing them off, provided you have that option?

Plus those still desperate to fill a position will pay over the odds. Unless its silly money, or a player the club is desperate to get rid of then its silly just to let the player leave as soon as the first bid comes in.

Carew apparently on the way out from Villa, I'd have nothing against us snapping him up if that happens.

We won't though.

he wont leave..

Carew on way out based on that shonky story about Galatasaray wanting him? I think not.

Harewood is on his way out though

Carew apparently on the way out from Villa, I'd have nothing against us snapping him up if that happens.

We won't though.

he wont leave..

Carew on way out based on that shonky story about Galatasaray wanting him? I think not.

Harewood is on his way out though

Marlon has been on his way out since he signed for Villa-he's been disgusting since West Ham's cup final season.

Aye.

I know football likes to think its a well run business but really there is a hell of lot of panic buying or loaning as we are seeing now on TDD.

Guest Heneage

Would Johnothan De Guzman be a terrible shout? Young, realitivly cheap, and could develop into quite the little player.

Would Johnothan De Guzman be a terrible shout? Young, realitivly cheap, and could develop into quite the little player.

Never been keen on players who are Canadian-born Dutch but of Jamaican and Filipino descent. But joking aside one of the De Guzman is on Bosman in the summer, cant remember which one though, so one of them should be cheap.

I was just thinking about us being linked with Leroy Lita and I can't believe how much he's dropped off over the past few years.

For £350,000 I reckon it's worth taking a chance on him.

He's better than Shola from what I've seen of him.

I was just thinking about us being linked with Leroy Lita and I can't believe how much he's dropped off over the past few years.

Saw him play for Norwich twice this season & he is still quick. Has the "played in PL" badge as well so he knows the crack. But is he upto the job? Went missing more than most when Reading hit the 2nd season syndrome.

He's better than Shola from what I've seen of him.

He was decent a few years ago when he was around the under 21 set up but seems to have lost his way over the last 18 months or so.

He's not going to improve our first team but when Martins isn't playing we desperately miss his pace, I think a player like Lita could offer us this when he's out and also offer us something different from the bench in the way LuaLua used to.

At that price I can see it being good value risk.

Better than Shola and Smith imo. You could probably find posts on this very forum (not by me) claiming he is better than Martins aswell.

Lita for £350,000 is definitely worth the gamble imo, we could sell him for a couple of million if he doesn't work out!

Saw him play for Norwich twice this season & he is still quick. Has the "played in PL" badge as well so he knows the crack. But is he upto the job? Went missing more than most when Reading hit the 2nd season syndrome.

We've probably paid more for Viduka to sit on his arse in one month in comparative terms.

Personally think we need another target man type player, somene who can link midfield and stikers.

Zigic?

Not supposed to be dramatic there. Just throwing a name out.

Always liked the look of him. Think he could be a decent player, he's not all aerial ability as well. Yeh id take him.

We've probably paid more for Viduka to sit on his arse in one month in comparative terms.

If it was Lita who burst onto the PL then it would be a snip but a player who is not going to do much at PL level is no good as we have plenty of them already. Like I said I have seen twice for Norwich & he still quick, his record is nearly 1 in 2 for Roeder. His record in his last season in the PL was 1 goal in 14.

Personally think we need another target man type player, somene who can link midfield and stikers.

Zigic?

Always liked the look of him. Think he could be a decent player, he's not all aerial ability as well. Yeh id take him.

Xisco rated in Spain, not rated by our manager.

Swap deal! :D

Zigic?

Zigic Martins up front would have the potential to be an awesome partnership. I seem to remember Valencia willing to let him go in the summer, dont have a clue where he is atm though.

Guest Heneage

Never been keen on players who are Canadian-born Dutch but of Jamaican and Filipino descent. But joking aside one of the De Guzman is on Bosman in the summer, cant remember which one though, so one of them should be cheap.

That's his brother Julian, he's a defensive midfielder, Johnothan is your more attacking midfielder, would work well imo.

Zigic?

Zigic Martins up front would have the potential to be an awesome partnership. I seem to remember Valencia willing to let him go in the summer, dont have a clue where he is atm though.

Talk of loaning him back to Santander (??) but I don't know if it's happened yet.

Zigic?

Just joined Racing Santander  on loan & he scored on his return.

Talksport reckon we are signing McGeady,Ferguson and Bougherra this week.

Let the good times roll.

Was this in their news, or was it just talked about as rumour?

They were talking about it as if it were happening.