The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

This club curse gets worse all the time, all that needs to happen is

The Daily Mail today has a report saying that Newcastle United may be interested in Portsmouth’s 6′4″ Senegal midfielder Papa Bouba Diop.

give it a day or two and

Portsmouth have been handed another blow with the news midfielder Papa Bouba Diop has been ruled out for three months with a knee injury.

This club curse gets worse all the time, all that needs to happen is

The Daily Mail today has a report saying that Newcastle United may be interested in Portsmouth’s 6′4″ Senegal midfielder Papa Bouba Diop.

give it a day or two and

Portsmouth have been handed another blow with the news midfielder Papa Bouba Diop has been ruled out for three months with a knee injury.

Nah, that's a serious improvement in our luck when you think about it. Normally they get injured after they sign for us, not before.

I think as has been typical of the Ashley regime we will end up with players we haven't been widely linked with and it will catch us all by surprise and they will turn out to be decent players.

I think Kinnear has been taking the piss out of the press and if anything is trying to throw them off of our real targets.

I find it very hard to believe that having kept Wise etc. around despite all that happened is going to let Kinnear get any player he wants. It's all a front I think and Kinnear is in on it. I think he's happy to let "the system" land the players.

It's going to be an alright window when all is said and done.

We will get either young talented players with good reputations e.g. Sakho or experienced players who will not cost a large fee e.g. Juanito.

I think as has been typical of the Ashley regime we will end up with players we haven't been widely linked with and it will catch us all by surprise and they will turn out to be decent players.

I think Kinnear has been taking the piss out of the press and if anything is trying to throw them off of our real targets.

I find it very hard to believe that having kept Wise etc. around despite all that happened is going to let Kinnear get any player he wants. It's all a front I think and Kinnear is in on it. I think he's happy to let "the system" land the players.

We will get either young talented players with good reputations e.g. Sakho or experienced players who will not cost a large fee e.g. Juanito.

hope your right O0

Sounds good to me. Really hope this turns out to be true.

If we're going to be typical of the Ashley regime the only guarantee is that net transfer spend will be bugger all.

If he was remotely serious about improving the club he'd have already got players in. The fact we're still going to trundle out Nicky Butt on the weekend should tell you everything you need to know. But of course some strange people will see the fact we have three of four good performers on the park as a resounding vindication of 'the system'. Never mind the other 6 playing like a busted arse...

Willie McKay is M'Bami's agent. :shifty:

I was just about to post that.

I'm officially excited. No-one burst my bubble please!!!

Why are you excited? We're not linked with him in the article - which has no quotes and is by goal.com.

So to burst your bubble by the way :(

Off to Mackems.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/2/5/Exclusive-MBami-agent-on-Sland/gnid-34036/

sorry should be in other clubs thread, it was mentioned in here though.

Guest teepee

instead of trying to buy players like b. ferguson we should look for younger players with potential. being a dane i follow the danish league (know its not that great)...but there are talents there way younger and....unproven at his level. i know. But i still believe its better to pay 4-5 millions for players with the potential instead of spending on players like ferguson which doesn´t get any better. ferguson for example will demand fairly high wage and ask for at least 3-4 years deal which mean he will become another not needed player in 1 years time like....cacapa, viduka etc.

adigun salami (Fc Midtjylland) is a very promising def. central midfielder! we should buy now.....we would never lose that much money if he dosen´t succeed...like on ferguson!

michael jacobsen (aab) can play Lb and Cb like bassong. would cost between 3-4 mill tops! Not sure how far his talent goes but will be a decent back up which might turn out to be a really good player!

Zanka jørgensen (fck) young dansih player of the year (cb)

why dont try to sign players like this....ashley dont want to spend big! But these kind of players are what we should go for instead of ferguson.

They should be bought as back ups so they have a year or so to adjust and develop!

would definitely go for both of these. midtjylland are a very handy team. in fact scandinavia as a whole is loaded with talent, but it makes far too much sense to search there.....thats why it wont happen.

I am also Danish, and I reckon that none of these players would be more than backup for the first team atm. But I wouldn't mind them coming in, but certainly not at the expense of first choice players (we need to replace butt NOW, not in the future...)

Would rather have Pedro Mendes here than Ferguson especially for 1.5m.

Mind, he cost them 3m and he`s done well for Rangers so not sure they`d accept half the amount....probably more paper bollox

---------

Newcastle to bring Pedro Mendes back to Britain for £1.5m

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear is making a move to bring Pedro Mendes back to the Premier League.

Kinnear has asked Rangers - via an agent - if he can take the former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder on loan with a view to a £1.5million move.

Mendes has done well for the Glasgow club since joining from Pompey in August, but Kinnear has heard he is interested in coming back to England for a better standard of football.

Rangers are under pressure to trim their wage bill and offload players, but they would want a guaranteed sale for Mendes if Newcastle come up with the cash up front.

Mendes, twice capped by Portugal, would give the Magpies some much-needed options in central midfield.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/06/newcastle-to-bring-pedro-mendes-back-to-britain-for-1-5m-115875-21019516/

Guest LucaAltieri

Aye, glass jaw. Not the sort you want for a relegation scrap.

(or training with Butt, Smith, and Barton).