Colours or not in Sunderland

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest timmy boy

The wearing colours away bashing  in this day and age is born out of Danny Dyer films,where it's seen as cool to go to the matches in Stone Island,Burberry etc to play along with the ideology of being big and hard,having a few beers with the lads and kicking off on the train home.The only two teams who don't really wear colours are Man U and Spurs and they both have quite a thuggish element about there away support.

There's nothing better than seeing a sea of black n white in a away end imo, shows an identity and pride of the region.

Guest johnson293

Think jack j is just trying to get everyone else wearing normal casual clothes, so that when he turns out in his Black and White toon shirt, he can be the only one.  :pow:

But why are football shirts embarrassing?

I honestly don't get it... It's not like the non wearing element are leaders of fashion or anything? Or that we are on a catwalk?

It is absolutely crazy that wearing a football shirt is frowned upon by the haute couture police, whereas wearing a rugby shirt is the pinnacle of class.

If you are ashamed of wearing the shirt, go support another team.

:clap:

I wear mine all the time, I'm proud its the team I support. I get the odd tit shouting shit, but who cares.

why where colours for any away game, nowt better than a full away end in casual gear, saying that theres nowt better than an away end full of ''lads''so to speak.

WUM.

EVERYONE WEAR BLACK AND WHITE

why where colours for any away game, nowt better than a full away end in casual gear, saying that theres nowt better than an away end full of ''lads''so to speak.

WUM.

Thankfully there will be a minimum of black and white there on saturday.

WUM.

sunderland fan are you?

picture of newcastle fans away at sunderland

http://talkofthetyne.net/mediac/400_300/media/0000NUFC~fans~2.JPG

and in 1974

http://toonultras.5u.com/images/newcastle74.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4181483http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/7b/66/0,,10278~3040891,00.gif

WUM.

sunderland fan are you?

No just judging by most of the people who have got there hands on tickets you can tell it's not gonna be an end full of replica spazzes.

WUM.

sunderland fan are you?

No just judging by most of the people who have got there hands on tickets you can tell it's not gonna be an end full of replica spazzes.

:lol: @ JJ

If you're that arsed about looking hard mate, or going the extra length and fighting with mackems, I'll PM you my number mate.  If you have a ticket I'll gladly come to your house and pay good money for it.  Why would you be that arsed about going?  You're more interested in looking [insert whatever word you want to refer to yourself as in terms of looking hard].

why do you talk so mush s**** jack? why not f*** off and support man united or liverpool if your so proud of there away support?

No ta and can an admin move that disgraceful avatar of yours please.cheers

Yeah i'll be wearing my shirt, theres nothing better than seeing the away end all donned in black and white, will have a jacket though just incase i need to hide it quickly

puff wear your black and white with pride man

Yeah i'll be wearing my shirt, theres nothing better than seeing the away end all donned in black and white, will have a jacket though just incase i need to hide it quickly

one minute your sayin dont wear colours then the next your saying wear them with pride! are you stupid or just confused?

one minute your sayin dont wear colours then the next your saying wear them with pride! are you stupid or just confused?

Both good avatar by the way BIG jock knew alreet dorty cuunt

Wore my top last time cos I was getting a coach in (not the free one, one put on by a pub cos it gave us more drinking time)  Will be incognito this time I reckon, although the fact I'm coming off a train from Newcastle with a load of geordies might give me away.

At Charlton (h) a few years ago and had to take the train back to London after the match. Full of Charlton supporters shouting abuse at me in my toon top. Never threatening but loud and obnoxious.

Couple of mackems started in on me and were turning violent (probably on their way home from a night out in toon). The Charlton boys turned on them until they left the train. Was quite funny that even the southerners would take the time to abuse the mackems even though it was after an NUFC match.

Do the mackems always behave like neanderthals?

I think jack j is sort of right.

Entire away ends donning up in colours, hat, flags etc.. is something you expect to see the likes of Hull or someone doing when they go to Old Trafford, The Emirates etc.. and make a whole big day out event for it.  Small club visiting big club, try making an impression as the fixture doesn't happen very often.

I agree with this. I think it's very 'Sky era' to wear replica shirts, jester hats and what have you. Not having a go at anyone who decides to do so like, but personally I'd prefer to see our away end full of people wearing casual gear than replica's etc.

To answer the question though Diane, if you're going on the train then I wouldn't bother wearing it, I don't think there'll be any trouble but you never know.