Colours or not in Sunderland

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

why where colours for any away game, nowt better than a full away end in casual gear, saying that theres nowt better than an away end full of ''lads''so to speak.

WUM or tool? You decide

erm neither have alook at man uniteds away support there is usually about one replica top in the whole end. You are the tool.

You trying to start a hooligan outfit?  The Newcastle Casuals?  It's not the 80's if people are that scared wear a jumper and take it off when you get in the ground.

it's not the 80's but it's very embarassing seeing our away support decked out in jester hats and black and white tops. Just have to look at Man United and Liverpools fans support probably the 2 best away in the country, could count 20 replica jerseys between there followings.

Bullshit. You want to go and support Manure or Liverpool and not be embarrassed then jog on son. No-one makes you wear anything you don't want to, but to be embarrassed about our fans wearing replica tops at away games, Jeez!  :idiot2: Our away fans are something to be proud of!

why where colours for any away game, nowt better than a full away end in casual gear, saying that theres nowt better than an away end full of ''lads''so to speak.

WUM or tool? You decide

erm neither have alook at man uniteds away support there is usually about one replica top in the whole end. You are the tool.

You trying to start a hooligan outfit?  The Newcastle Casuals?  It's not the 80's if people are that scared wear a jumper and take it off when you get in the ground.

it's not the 80's but it's very embarassing seeing our away support decked out in jester hats and black and white tops. Just have to look at Man United and Liverpools fans support probably the 2 best away in the country, could count 20 replica jerseys between there followings.

Loads of Liverpool fans wear strips to away games.

And scarves, hats, etc. I'm not entirely sure what this guy is getting at.

Maybe his eyes are suffering red eye deficiency

WUM or tool? You decide

People wear the shirts to show their allegiance to the club and show the players they aren't just at the game for an excuse to get pissed. 

We might as well all start wearing suits to games, with an umbrella, a cup of tea and a nice cream cake.

Guest toonlass

Liverpool fans in Rome. I see shirts, I see flags, I see hats, I see scarves. Definitely not in casual gear like.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/LiverpoolFans.jpg

To wear the black and white to a game is a beautiful thing, not embarassing in the least.

Wearing in round the Metrocentre is a different matter however...

Can't understand the problem some people have with people wearing the top for shopping etc....

I've wore my top tons of times for the metrocentre, I don't feel embarrassed , I'm not a chav either just don't see what the problem is??

I think jack j is sort of right.

Entire away ends donning up in colours, hat, flags etc.. is something you expect to see the likes of Hull or someone doing when they go to Old Trafford, The Emirates etc.. and make a whole big day out event for it.  Small club visiting big club, try making an impression as the fixture doesn't happen very often.

Guest icemanblue

I think jack j is sort of right.

Entire away ends donning up in colours, hat, flags etc.. is something you expect to see the likes of Hull or someone doing when they go to Old Trafford, The Emirates etc.. and make a whole big day out event for it.  Small club visiting big club, try making an impression as the fixture doesn't happen very often.

Take a look a few posts up.

Guest Micktoon

I hate this culture of saying don't wear your colours to games because you look a tit. What a pile of shite, wearing your colours is all part of the game. Take a look at the scousers in Rome, or the black and white San Siro a few year back, Shearers testimonial if you will great spectacle with the colour thats what footballs about.

I think Jack should put down his Ellesse jumper and Tacchini tracky top and pull on the black and white.

I hate this culture of saying don't wear your colours to games because you look a tit. What a pile of s****, wearing your colours is all part of the game. Take a look at the scousers in Rome, or the black and white San Siro a few year back, Shearers testimonial if you will great spectacle with the colour thats what footballs about.

I think Jack should put down his Ellesse jumper and Tacchini tracky top and pull on the black and white.

Do you wave your shoes in the air and jump and down pogoing if you love the toon kerazeeeeeeeeee, Hopefully it will be like the away end a few years ago when there was hardly one black and white shirt there.

I hate this culture of saying don't wear your colours to games because you look a tit. What a pile of s****, wearing your colours is all part of the game. Take a look at the scousers in Rome, or the black and white San Siro a few year back, Shearers testimonial if you will great spectacle with the colour thats what footballs about.

Do you wave your shoes in the air and jump and down pogoing if you love the toon kerazeeeeeeeeee, Hopefully it will be like the away end a few years ago when there was hardly one black and white shirt there.

Aye because all people that wear colours are 15yr old charvers. Fucking hell man

What's wrong with wearing your colours? If the players see a mass of black and white at away games it must be a good "lift" for them, if they see an away end fool of Chavs, who think they look cool but just look like 90's throwback hooligans, they might not think we've turned up.

Just an opinion... never liked the Hooly element TBH.

What's wrong with wearing your colours? If the players see a mass of black and white at away games it must be a good "lift" for them, if they see an away end fool of Chavs, who think they look cool but just look like 90's throwback hooligans, they might not think we've turned up.

Charvers where black and white shirts, it's not really to do with hooliganism but an away end like a Man United away end compared to ours is wey embarrasses us to say the least.

Charvers where black and white shirts, it's not really to do with hooliganism but an away end like a Man United away end compared to ours is wey embarrasses us to say the least.

I "where" black and white and I'm not a charver as do most other people i know who go to the match. You're talking absolute shite.

Guest toonlass

Charvers wear Mckenzie jackets, fila trainers and burberry baseball caps etc. Wearing a football shirt doesn't make you a charver.

Guest guinness_fiend

You have to,  I see plenty of Mackems knocking about Newcastle in their strips.  It's only the charver's that will actually attack you for that anyway, anybody with reasonable intelligience will just have a bit of banter.

Therein lies the problem.  It is an away game.

Newcastle were probably the pioneering club when it came to our supporters wearing shirts as a show of allegiance during Keegan's first term as manager. I can remember Rob Lee saying Newcastle players often ended up misplacing passes because there were so many black and white shirts around the ground it was hard to make out the players. Where we once led, other clubs supporters have followed. We should never feel ashamed of that.

Guest guinness_fiend

But why are football shirts embarrassing?

I honestly don't get it... It's not like the non wearing element are leaders of fashion or anything? Or that we are on a catwalk?

It is absolutely crazy that wearing a football shirt is frowned upon by the haute couture police, whereas wearing a rugby shirt is the pinnacle of class.

If you are ashamed of wearing the shirt, go support another team.