N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

Have to agree with Shak/Wull/Unbelievable on this, for the most part.

While Charlie is not entirely blameless and has played his own part in things undoubtedly, people are far too quick to jump on his back and blame him 100% for the fact he hasn't become a star player for us. The fact that he is still better than his direct competition (Damief Duff) despite this is the real issue for me, especially when he's not getting a game because of him. It's a farce.

Obviously we don't see training, etc. like the managers and coaching staff do, but we do see games (i.e. where it matters) and it appears that not many would argue for Duff ahead of N'Zogbia. Surely that's where you judge a player - out on the pitch?

I have to say also, I think it is so unfortunate that so many question his attitude now.

I always thought it was one of his greatest strengths. He plays "angry" and I mean this in a good way. His fearlessness, determination and single mindedness were traits that helped him take to things so quickly in this league at such a young age, and if he was handled correctly his attitude would have taken him far.

However, with the way things went though these same traits were never going to allow him to just accept things and sit on the bench quietly. The guy is hungry which is exactly what you want and he knows he is good enough to be out there on the pitch for us.

Fergie paid about £13 million for Ronaldo, so he must have seen an exceptional talent there. I don't think he's at all surprised at how things have turned out.

The one valid resemblance between Zoggy and Ronaldo is that they're both over-rated. Zoggy's an average player who gets mistaken for a good one. Ronaldo is a very good player who gets mistaken for the best player in the world.

Not really the point but I'm willing to bet that Fergie didn't expect to end up with a winger who scores 40 goals a season and sets nearly as many up.

I hold my hands up; I wrote Ronaldo off as a show pony after his first couple of years in England. However to currently say that he's over rated is frankly beyond belief. I think one of the truest measures of greatness is consistency and over the last two and a half years he's been delivering the goods (and goals for that matter) week in and week out.

I love the Ronaldo is overated gang. I know quite a few that are of this species.

I guess he's scoring and creating all of those goals by accident right?

No wait it's because the team around him is so good right?

I don't see Rooney doing it. I don't see Tevez doing it.I don't see Berbatov doing it either.

Quit messing around.

I love the Ronaldo is overated gang. I know quite a few that are of this species.

I don't see Rooney doing it. I don't see Tevez doing it.I don't see Berbatov doing it either.

Quit messing around.

The usual patter is that he only does it against the small teams and doesnt turn up on the big occasions....

The only thing you could possibly say about Ronaldo to overrate him is that he's the best of all time, but nobody I know is saying that.

He's by miles and miles the best in the world though and I cant believe anyone can argue that

The only thing you could possibly say about Ronaldo to overrate him is that he's the best of all time, but nobody I know is saying that.

He's by miles and miles the best in the world though and I cant believe anyone can argue that

Well I just did. I'd say the best player in the world is Messi.

Quit messing around.

The usual patter is that he only does it against the small teams and doesnt turn up on the big occasions....

HA!

If only we had this such over rated player that only performed against the small teams.

I happen to love players that consistently slaughter lesser teams that they should be destroying. It's slipping up in these sorts of games, by underestimating the opposition that usually costs teams. Some would argue that it is easier to raise your game when going up against bigger teams and it's a somewhat valid argument.

Besides Ronaldo is far and beyond enough of a threat in these supposed big games and is a nuisance to defences everytime. A horrible argument if ever I saw one.

Crazy talk.

Guest firetotheworks

I agree, when he's fit. But you cant be injured most of the time and still be the best player in the world. No one comes close to Ronaldo at the moment.

I agree, when he's fit. But you cant be injured most of the time and still be the best player in the world. No one comes close to Ronaldo at the moment.

Just wait till smudger gets back

I cant think of many players in the Prem who have the albilty to go past a player like Zog does.

The ones that definitely can are genreally regarded to be good players.

Can anyone think of a playerwho can go past a man and is still regarded as "not good"? People would say Lennon but i'd argue contrare to that.

I cant think of many players in the Prem who have the albilty to go past a player like Zog does.

Can anyone think of a playerwho can go past a man and is still regarded as "not good"? People would say Lennon but i'd argue contrare to that.

I say its the endless running with his head down until he runs into a defender loses posession and the whole team gets caught on the counter. Or maybe the going to sleep at leftback costing goals regardless of his natural position.

He doesn`t score many and for some reason like the rest of the team can`t take a corner or cross spectaculary.

If we get good money I won`t mind at all.

I say its the endless running with his head down until he runs into a defender loses posession and the whole team gets caught on the counter. Or maybe the going to sleep at leftback costing goals regardless of his natural position.

He doesn`t score many and for some reason like the rest of the team can`t take a corner or cross spectaculary.

Agree with this.

But again, that can be worked on and should of been worked on (Like it was with Ronaldo). I dont think he's had decent run where he's been in the position to score many goals. He's only had one full (ish) season to judge him from and that was in 2006, where he scored 5 goals, for a 20 year old winger in his fisrt season that isnt bad.

The season after, he finds himself on the bench - behind Duff.

I still havent heard anything fundamentally wrong with his game that will forever be a flaw to him, like a lack of pace (like Milner) or a severe lack of footballing intelligence (like Martins).

But again, that can be worked on and should of been worked on (Like it was with Ronaldo). I dont think he's had decent run where he's been in the position to score many goals. He's only had one full (ish) season to judge him from and that was in 2006, where he scored 5 goals, for a 20 year old winger in his fisrt season that isnt bad.

I still havent heard anything fundamentally wrong with his game that will forever be a flaw to him, like a lack of pace (like Milner) or a severe lack of footballing intelligence (like Martins).

the fundamental flaw in his game is that he isn't as good as some seem to think. for all you talk about a fundamental flaw you must also think he doesn't have any particularly outstanding qualities either. theres as much chance making a great player out of him through "working on things" as there is with milner.

the comparisson with ronaldo is embarasssing.

Agree with this.

And if that money doesn't get reinvested? I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest it will be. I'd rather hang on to the first team squad we've got right now than watch decent assets get hived off tbh.

Agree with this.

And if that money doesn't get reinvested? I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest it will be. I'd rather hang on to the first team squad we've got right now than watch decent assets get hived off tbh.

its aposition in which we have strngth though and it does seem like gutierrez's stronger side.

like every player at every club, he'll have a price.

Agree with this.

its aposition in which we have strngth though and it does seem like gutierrez's stronger side.

There is strength until we have an injury or two. Yes like every player he'll have a price but my real point is people are getting excited about doing "good business" for Zoggy. Its only "good business" if the squad sees the benefit by reinvestment of the funds. I'm not convinced that we have that situation going on here right now - despite what JFK may be saying. 

Agree with this.

There is strength until we have an injury or two. Yes like every player he'll have a price but my real point is people are getting excited about doing "good business" for Zoggy. Its only "good business" if the squad sees the benefit by reinvestment of the funds. I'm not convinced that we have that situation going on here right now - despite what JFK may be saying. 

he's one of the few we'd get decent cash for without weakening the first 11.

the fundamental flaw in his game is that he isn't as good as some seem to think. for all you talk about a fundamental flaw you must also think he doesn't have any particularly outstanding qualities either. theres as much chance making a great player out of him through "working on things" as there is with milner.

So you cant name one?

I dont think he's amazing, i dont think he's anywhere near the same ability as Ronaldo but the comparison is valid.  I think he has very good abilty on the ball and has a quality which not many players have and thats the ability to go past players with relative ease, couple that with better decision making and you have a very very good player.

Do you think that ronaldo would be the player he is if he experinced the same path as Zog?

The example with Milner is invalid on one basis and that is that Milner didnt have the pace to succeed in his position, he was also a terrible crosser which menat his lack of pace was magnified. John robertson is supposed to be a great crossing coahc at Villa, it'll be interesting to see if he can turn Milner into a better player and make up for his lack of pace.

Agree with this.

he's one of the few we'd get decent cash for without weakening the first 11.

Says it all.

So you cant name one?

I dont think he's amazing, i dont think he's anywhere near the same ability as Ronaldo but the comparison is valid.  I think he has very good abilty on the ball and has a quality which not many players have and thats the ability to go past players with relative ease, couple that with better decision making and you have a very very good player.

Do you think that ronaldo would be the player he is if he experinced the same path as Zog?

The example with Milner is invalid on one basis and that is that Milner didnt have the pace to succeed in his position, he was also a terrible crosser which menat his lack of pace was magnified. John robertson is supposed to be a great crossing coahc at Villa, it'll be interesting to see if he can turn Milner into a better player and make up for his lack of pace.

probably as a player with that talent would always have ended up at a top club.

i've said often enough in this thread that he has no nouse,no footballing brain and i don't think that can be "worked on". he may improve but never enough for him to be anywhere near the player some think he is.

Agree with this.

The only problem with selling him is that the money might not be left in the club.  I'd rather have an asset on the field than in the pocket of Mike Ashley.

Agree with this.

The only problem with selling him is that the money might not be left in the club.  I'd rather have an asset on the field than in the pocket of Mike Ashley.

ashley should know his asset is worth more in the prem than the championship.