Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 StS1

Skirge

This is a winnable game in front of our own fans, despite those who seem to believe that Villa are as good as the top four sides. Again it comes down a game that we should be winning.

For me i would pick and unchanged side. I have no faith in Kinnears ability to make a tactical change, so we must go at them early on.

To be fair to him, he has hardly had a great bench to pick from.  I think he tactical abilities should be assessed once he has a better squad to choose from.

JK said he went for broke against West Brom, will he do the same vs Villa?

if so he may got go the 4-3-3 route

-------------Given

Beye---Tayl----Colo----Jose

---Jonas----Guth------Bart

-------------Oba

----Owen----------Shola

Michael Owen and Nicky Butt back in training

NEWCASTLE United’s two most senior outfield players, Michael Owen and Nicky Butt, returned to training today after their respective groin and ankle injuries.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/31/michael-owen-and-nicky-butt-back-in-training-72703-22156700/

JK said he went for broke against West Brom, will he do the same vs Villa?

if so he may got go the 4-3-3 route

-------------Given

Beye---Tayl----Colo----Jose

---Jonas----Guth------Bart

-------------Oba

----Owen----------Shola

Michael Owen and Nicky Butt back in training

NEWCASTLE United’s two most senior outfield players, Michael Owen and Nicky Butt, returned to training today after their respective groin and ankle injuries.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/31/michael-owen-and-nicky-butt-back-in-training-72703-22156700/

That was us going for broke?

“It has never been my policy to use players out of position, and I see N’Zogbia not as a full-back but as an attacking midfielder, which I know he himself prefers,” he said.

Well, that's encouraging if anything. Not convinced but it's good to hear. Said the same for Bassong, too.

Nicky Butt's back, then. Oh the joy.

I reckon the only change in personnel will be Butt in for Guthrie, which will weaken the team but hopefully encourage Barton to get forward more. Reckon Owen won't be risked, and will be on the bench.

Guest Ice__Mag

Given

Beye Colo Taylor Enrique

Duff Barton Guthrie Jonas

Owen Martins

Is what I would play. I reckon Butt and Shola will start for Guthrie and Owen though.

Given

Beye Colo Taylor Enrique

Duff Barton Guthrie Jonas

Owen Martins

Is what I would play. I reckon Butt and Shola will start for Guthrie and Owen though.

Exactly my thoughts...Not that disappointed with Shola starting as he's done okay in the recent games(still far from good enough though) but Owen & Oba would offer a lot more anyway if they'll get any decent service! However Buttttt being back in the starting XI just amazes me...why oh whyyyyy????

martins has to get his head together tactically and play off the centre halves and try to hit the gaps between centre half and full back as they like to push up but laursen and cuellar aren't the quickest.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Im the only one who thinks Ameobi has played very poorly the last few games despite his 2 goals, or are you lot puting him in the team because you think Kinnear will play him anyway...?

Im the only one who thinks Ameobi has played very poorly the last few games despite his 2 goals, or are you lot puting him in the team because you think Kinnear will play him anyway...?

he has played poorly. but poorly is a dramatic upturn in form from his previous form.