Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 StS1

Skirge

Guest nufc_kev

"Re: Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 SS1"

:lol: It's on Setanta you clown

SETANTA SPORTS 1

SKY SPORTS 1

OH OH :D

:lol: Lucky git

"Re: Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 SS1"

:lol: It's on Setanta you clown

SETANTA SPORTS 1

SKY SPORTS 1

OH OH :D

:lol: Lucky git

:lol: no just well informed, its already set to record on my V+ box.

Changed it to StS1 just to people know its not sky.

:D

Assuming no new injuries & Owen is fit

----------------- Given

Beye -- Taylor -- Coloccini -- Enrique

--- Guthrie --- Barton ---Jonas

----------------- Owen

---------- Ameobi -- Martins

With Villa's wingers I would not risk a three man midfield, we need wide men to offer some cover to our fullbacks.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would love to see:

.....................................................Given..............................................................

Beye...........................Tayls...................................Colo...................................Jose

.................................Guthrie.................................Barton......................................

Duff/Oba.............................................Owen.......................................................Jonas

..............................................Ameobi.....................................................................

But think it will be the same as last night, with Bassong for Enrique as Villa are a big side!

Oh and Duff was far better on the right last night, and Jonas was far more of a threat on the left

This is a winnable game in front of our own fans, despite those who seem to believe that Villa are as good as the top four sides. Again it comes down a game that we should be winning.

For me i would pick and unchanged side. I have no faith in Kinnears ability to make a tactical change, so we must go at them early on.

I'd go with the same team that played the best 45 minutes of football all season since the Coventry game. However, i think it'll be what Dave's put. With Bassong in for Enrique, which would be a complete joke imo... and Butt in for Guthrie, which would be just about understandable but pretty sickening at the same time.

Don't really see the point in keep switching between Enrique and Bassong. It would make more sense to give Enrique a decent run and explain exactly what is expected, defensively and attacking wise.

I'd go with:

Given

Beye Cacapa Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Barton Duff

Martins Ameobi

I'd imagine Owen would only be fit enough to make the bench. Enrique could do with a run of games, and Taylor needs to be dropped.

Don't really see the point in keep switching between Enrique and Bassong. It would make more sense to give Enrique a decent run and explain exactly what is expected, defensively and attacking wise.

Precisely. And i mean, neither of their last performances have been particualrly good (Enrique's and Bassongs), but Bassong's attempt at left-back was far worse than Jose's. Keep Jose in the side for God's sake. The whole Enrique thing is something that has just been totally lost on me from the moment he got here. Why isn't he in the team week-in, week-out? We saw at the end of last season that with a run of games, he's a very decent asset to the team.

Won't be easy to beat Laursen and Cuellar.

We'll need to stretch them, we can't play the long ball to Shola all game in this game as Laursen will rape him. Get Oba running down the sides and Barton arriving late we might have some joy.

So only change Owen for Shola if Owen's fit enough to start ?

----------------Given

Beue----Taylor------Colo-----Enrique

Jonas----Gith--------Bart-------Duff

-----------Oba

----------------------Owen

Guest Heneage

Won't be easy to beat Laursen and Cuellar.

We'll need to stretch them, we can't play the long ball to Shola all game in this game as Laursen will rape him. Get Oba running down the sides and Barton arriving late we might have some joy.

Yeah true, I don't rate Petrov like but in Barry Young and Agbonglohor they have cracing counter attack, showed how easy it was last night against Blackburn. Literally just chip over the top and Gabbys through.