Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 StS1

Skirge

Guest Nufc4Life

If we sit back we're gonna get raped. I dont fancy seeing Barry, Carew, Agbonlahor, Young charging at our defence.

We can't go all out attack because obviously again, the pace of Agbonlahor and Young will kill us, we need to find a medium. We absolutely have to go for it. If we sit back, we'll struggle, look at Fat Sam last year, sat back in far too many home games and it cost us. Yet Keegan comes in, we go for it, and get results.

Obviously like people have said I think that thinkig is beyond JFK, i have a bad feeling it's gonna be a night of long balls punted from us and Villa just attacking at us. Hate to say it, but i honestly think Kinnear might play for a draw, which will equal defeat IMO.

If we go for it, i reckon we can do em.

All the teams we wanted to lose this weekend have won, it's written in the stars that we're going to lose. Because we're Newcastle, that's what we do.

I'm not feeling confident about this at all, I continue to be underwhelmed by Kinnear's running gob and lack of tactical eptitude. Don't even get started on the substitutions! If we win this game, it'll be by luck, with the odd flash of brilliance. It'll be a horrible match to watch no matter what the outcome, really nervy.

Oh and what Wullie said. Nicky Butt could be hobbled in a Stephen King novel and he'd still game at this club, it's a fucking enigma.

Guest newcastle4life

Bad feeling this could be a lose but really need the win so hope we get the result. 2-1 win Martins and Barton.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think Ive feared a player coming up against Beye as much as I am with Ashley Young. Hopefully Enrique will stop Milner by standing still and letting all his crosses twat off him.

Here..is the biggest thing for me. Everyone is saying we have to sit back and defend, but in our system that equals long ball. And that equals us losing. Laursen and co. will deal with that easily. The way for us to trouble them is to play on the deck and utilise the pace of Martins, Jonas and Duff.

I agree we don't need to be over attack we just need to pressure them high up when they have the ball. Only Barry and A.Young are what i would class as good passing players, the rest will be prone to errors if they are hurried. We need to be offensive without being irresponsible.

Unfortunately this sort of thinking is far beyond JFK. The idea of fighting fire with fire by using our quick players is a good one although I said yesterday I'd prefer Zog in for Duff in this one. I just have a horrible feeling Duff is going to fail to show up tonight, Zog's got a bit more fight in him if the going gets tough. Which it will.

The Zog's been playing with his head down and running about playing his own game for his last few appearances. While Duff is no great shake i've more confidence in him than Zog (the recent version) to play more for the team, track back and joining the dots. Tonight is going to be one of those games where we'll have to cover their wingers otherwise its going to be a long night. I think we'll do that with Duff and Jonas, trying to isolate Carew (if selected). If one of them becomes too knackered then put the Zog on, but i'd start (for this game) with Duff.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Big match ups tonight which we need to come out on top of:

Young-Beye - He is their biggest threat

Tayls-Carew - If Carew bullies us, they will put it on us at every opportunity

Jonas-Young - Young is an average full back and if Jonas is on his game he will be our matchwinner

Ameobi-Laursen - There will be times when we lump it up to him, and he needs to win at least 50% of the battle to take pressure off the defense

I think it will be a 1-1 draw

Guest Howaythetoon

Another Pompey kind defeat with fans leaving in their droves by half-time and protests outside after the match. Sky are covering this game so its guaranteed...

The more I think about it, our offense actually isn't that bad. Duff-Ameobi-Martins-Jonas fed balls by Barton and Owen coming off the bench.

As long as Taylor doesn't have another shocker we should be in with a chance.

It's a tough one. Our defence isn't good enough for us to play a containing game, so we'll have to have a go at them.

Our best hope is Jonas. He's a player that I don't think they can subdue. As long as he's fit, we're in with a chance.

Another Pompey kind defeat with fans leaving in their droves by half-time and protests outside after the match. Sky are covering this game so its guaranteed...

This is our 5th in a row that's been on TV.

I honestly don't have a clue what could happen tonight. I know that Villa are a better team than us, and could hammer us, but we could take the game to them and bully them off the park. There are a huge number of permutations. I'll go for a wildly optimistic 3-1 win where we get battered a la 2 seasons ago.

Guest optimistic nit

No way we'll keep a clean sheet so we'll just have to go win 3-2.

(I've decided to just ignore reality untill kickoff)

you think we're more likely to score 3 than concede 0?