Bentley's goal = not that good.

Neil

Technically brilliant, aesthetically not.

So it wasn't great to watch?

It wasnt aesthetically brilliant, no.

Not a thing of beauty?

Nope not in my opinion. "brilliant" being the operative word here, mind.

i wouldnt describe Nayims goal as a thing of beauty, nor Pedro Mendez strike against Man U as a thing of beauty, i wouldnt even describe Ronaldihno gaols against england as a thing of beauty, I'd put bentleys goal in with those.

Lampards goal agaisnt Hull was much better.

Guest nufc_kev

Very good goal, but not in the same class as Shearer's vs Everton and Villa, Rooney vs us or Cantana vs the scum.

I think my barber went a bit OTT by describing it as "goal of the decade" :lol:

Almunia should have saved it imo. It was a brilliant goal, but because it basically went in due to a keeper error, it makes it a bit less special.

aye, Lampard's goal last night was better, fantastic finish

Left peg as well.

Almunia should have saved it imo. It was a brilliant goal, but because it basically went in due to a keeper error, it makes it a bit less special.

Left peg as well.

best player so far this season for me like

Left peg as well.

Aye, he'd done well, Boswinga's been quality as well. 2 standout players for me this season so far.

Guest nufc_kev

Left peg as well.

Aye, he'd done well, Boswinga's been quality as well. 2 standout players for me this season so far.

Geovanni

Not a thing of beauty?

i wouldnt describe Nayims goal as a thing of beauty, nor Pedro Mendez strike against Man U as a thing of beauty, i wouldnt even describe Ronaldihno gaols against england as a thing of beauty, I'd put bentleys goal in with those.

Do you play football regularly? Not a trick question, just interested to know, as I'd argue - from my experience of playing the game - that what Bentley did was more difficult than what Lampard did. The ball was rolling towards Lampard (always easier to make a good connection that way) and was begging for him to attempt what he did. I also thought the keeper might have had a better stab at getting to it. Fair play to Lampard though, it was still a great goal.

Left peg as well.

Geovanni

In fact Robihnos been brilliant as well. Lampard pips it for me though.

Not a thing of beauty?

Do you play football regularly? Not a trick question, just interested to know, as I'd argue - from my experience of playing the game - that what Bentley did was more difficult than what Lampard did. The ball was rolling towards Lampard (always easier to make a good connection that way) and was begging for him to attempt what he did. I also thought the keeper might have had a better stab at getting to it. Fair play to Lampard though, it was still a great goal.

That's a bit like when my guitar playing friends tell me that a certain riff is better because it's harder to play. Everyone has their own personal tastes.

Not a thing of beauty?

I do actually yes, thats why i said "technically brilliant, aesthetically not brilliant"   :crazy2:

But in my opinion Lampards was better, easy on the eye, delicate and precise with his wrong foot. Bentley had an element of hit and hope about it and it swerved like fuck in the air. Not the best looking goal.

Not a thing of beauty?

I do actually yes, thats why i said "technically brilliant, aesthetically not brilliant"   :crazy2:

But in my opinion Lampards was better, easy on the eye, delicate and precise with his wrong foot. Bentley had an element of hit and hope about it and it swerved like f*** in the air. Not the best looking goal.

I make a point, you resort to taking a pop with a smiley. Ho hum.

Not a thing of beauty?

But in my opinion Lampards was better, easy on the eye, delicate and precise with his wrong foot. Bentley had an element of hit and hope about it and it swerved like f*** in the air. Not the best looking goal.

:lol: Easy now, to be fair to me, you were arguing a point i wasnt making. Just becasue a goal is arguably harder to do, doesnt make it the best.

Take Laurent Roberts wierd flick agaisnt Fulham (?) technically through the roof, aesthetically not - ergo not the best goal.

Now take Catonas chip agaisnt Scum (?) again, techincally no way near as difficult as what Robert did, but id argue was a better goal.

You see my point?

Not a thing of beauty?

:lol: Easy now, to be fair to me, you were arguing a point i wasnt making. Just becasue a goal is arguably harder to do, doesnt make it the best.

Take Laurent Roberts wierd flick agaisnt Fulham (?) technically through the roof, aesthetically not - ergo not the best goal.

Now take Catonas chip agaisnt Scum (?) again, techincally no way near as difficult as what Robert did, but id argue was a better goal.

You see my point?

Perfectly. It's the patronising way you made it that I struggle to understand.

Martins' shot that hit the bar at Anfield last season would have been better as it was on the turn and the left the keeper with no chance of saving it. Saying that it was a good idea and fair play to Bentley for trying it.

Not a thing of beauty?

You see my point?

You were arguing a point i wasnt making.

Apologies anyway.

:thup:

Not a thing of beauty?

You see my point?

You were arguing a point i wasnt making.

Apologies anyway.

:thup:

No worries. There's nowt wrong in agreeing to differ.

Excellent goal, which doesn't make up for being a total waste of space since joining them, and moaning about the manager like a Grade A cunt.

And looking like some 1930s homosexual civil servant with that absurd hair.