Bentley's goal = not that good.

Neil

I dont see what else there is other than the haircut tbh. When he was at Blackburn everyone was raving about him, now he's went to a bigger club and has a new haircut hes a prick. Is that all it is?

He's always been a bit of prick IMO. The epitome of the modern young English footballer if you will, an arrogant arsehole basically.

I dont see what else there is other than the haircut tbh. When he was at Blackburn everyone was raving about him, now he's went to a bigger club and has a new haircut hes a prick. Is that all it is?

He's always been a bit of prick IMO. The epitome of the modern young English footballer if you will, an arrogant arsehole basically.

Remember when he scored that free kick against us last season and ran away pointing at the back of his shirt screaming "that's who I am!"? What a prat.

Petrov's at Derby last season was better.

Goals against Derby shouldn't count to be honest.

where can i see it?  it's not on the 'tube...   :dontknow:

Hope you realise that if anyone but Dave answers this they will be banned.

yes, soz, i assumed someone would pm me.  i should've been more articulate...  forgive me? :rose:

Guest firetotheworks

Remember when he scored that free kick against us last season and ran away pointing at the back of his shirt screaming "that's who I am!"? What a prat.

Thats me told and sold.

Guest kingdawson

no way.

I'd say Petrov's was a more difficult shot to execute.

You're very wrong imho.

Petrovs goal was basically an open goal and it was a half volley. How is that harder to execute then a full volley with a goalie to beat (ok ok aluminia might have been a bit of his line but he still had to be beaten)??

Petrov gets plus points because it was his wrong foot but bentleys shot is harder to execute for sure.

Honestly man, sure he said something along the lines of he was going to be the new Gazza when he went to Spurs. Not fit to lace his boots man.

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

Petrovs goal was basically an open goal and it was a half volley. How is that harder to execute then a full volley with a goalie to beat (ok ok aluminia might have been a bit of his line but he still had to be beaten)??

Petrov gets plus points because it was his wrong foot but bentleys shot is harder to execute for sure.

Eh? A half volley is far more difficult to execute technique-wise than a full volley, especially if you've just taken the latter on your knee and taken the pace off it.

Guest Heneage

Honestly man, sure he said something along the lines of he was going to be the new Gazza when he went to Spurs. Not fit to lace his boots man.

Hes your average young english midfielder, soon as they do anything of note its "LOOK AT ME LOOK WHO I IZ DATS MY NAME" Don't worry David I know your name i've been calling you a useless cunt for the last 70 minutes.

No sense of modesty in todays footballers. Could you imagine Kofi Annan solving the middle east crisis then running round the UN going "DATS MY NAME DATS WHO I AM" while pointing at his desk.

Guest kingdawson

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

Eh? A half volley is far more difficult to execute technique-wise than a full volley, especially if you've just taken the latter on your knee and taken the pace off it.

no it isnt. I play myself from time to time and a full volley is far harder to execute then a half volley. You're right when you say that it's easier to execute a full volley when you control it on your knee or chest first, but that's still harder to do then letting the ball bounce first and then striking it.

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

no it isnt. I play myself from time to time and a full volley is far harder to execute then a half volley. You're right when you say that it's easier to execute a full volley when you control it on your knee or chest first, but that's still harder to do then letting the ball bounce first and then striking it.

Why am I getting the image 'fat goalie'?

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

That depends on what you mean by a half volley. I take a half volley to mean one that has just bounced and is still rising - imo that is harder to keep low and on target than a dropping ball. A ball that bounces then starts to drop again is still a volley.

Both cracking goals but I think Petrov's was better. It was more accurate for a start, he put it in the only place the keeper couldn't get to it.

Guest kingdawson

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

Why am I getting the image 'fat goalie'?

you looking in the mirror?

I think a half volley is easier to execute accurately than a full volley. Although the way Bentley cushioned the ball made it easier to strike it, taking the 'sting' out of the ball, before striking the ball. I know that when you catch a strike sweetly you certaintly feel better about it and goals which epitomise this is are Shearer's vs Everton and Aston Villa.

Guest Heneage

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

You say this like nobody else does?  :idiot2:

Guest kingdawson

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

What are you going on about?

Guest nufc_kev

Not fit to lace the boots of the person who laces Gazza's boots.

Overrated little shit. There's a reason Wenger didn't want him.

Guest Heneage

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

What are you going on about?

I'm going on about you're arguement being that because you "play from time to time" you know the difficulty levels in volley and half volley. ITs not really a valid argument.

shittest goal celebration ever when players point to their name, its about the team you twats.

nani took it to the extreme when he turned his shirt round so his name was on the front when getting his champions league medal, what an absolute plank