Could flirting with relegation be the way forward?

The Prophet

My Dad for one is saying one of the best things that can happen to Newcastle is being relegated. Seems ludicrous, but on the other hand.....

Just out of interest, and you might have mentioned this before, but is your dad speaking as a football fan, or is he actually a newcastle supporter/sympathizer?

Actually getting relegated would be bad news. Its tougher in the championship than people who don`t know it realise. We have spent the last 4 years struggling to beat some of the sides that come up and due to crap refereeing, bad luck, play offs and injuries its not even always the best sides that come up. To get out right promotion with no play off takes immense consistancy something I think we have never had. So if you don`t get that then its down to a couple of play offs where a large chunk of luck and decisions are needed to get up that way and thats something we have never had either.

If we were actually a good side that unforunately went down then ok we could bounce up but we are a poor side.

As for just flirting with it, imo we have been for a few years now and it hasnt helped.

I dont get this thing about Given,hes being outstanding every game this season,the only thing that has changed[touch wood]is he has stayed injury free  and his kicking has improved alot.Can you think of even one goal we conceded that he could have saved this season?Hes defo one of the best keepers  in the prem

Are you fucking kidding me? His accuracy at finding an opposition player with 95% of his aerial balls is only bettered by that useless twat Geremi.

Its a hell of a lot better than it used to be when it looked like he used to have a pitching wedge for a foot.

Worked out well for Sheff Wed,S'oton,Leeds,Charlton,Notts Forest,Wimbledon getting relegated didnt it

And that has a lot to do with the point because.....?

We would be f***ed like all of them

By the same token you can counter that with, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Sunderland, Man City, West Ham

Yeah because those teams are flying up the table.I would be suprised if we didnt finish above those teams except for Man city since they can afford to sign any fucker at the moment.

People who say we're best off going down are mental. Apart from Sunderland which team has gone down and bounced back stronger? And even the mackems aren't hitting the heights of the top half really.

I dont get this thing about Given,hes being outstanding every game this season,the only thing that has changed[touch wood]is he has stayed injury free  and his kicking has improved alot.Can you think of even one goal we conceded that he could have saved this season?Hes defo one of the best keepers  in the prem

Are you f***ing kidding me? His accuracy at finding an opposition player with 95% of his aerial balls is only bettered by that useless t*** Geremi.

Its a hell of a lot better than it used to be when it looked like he used to have a pitching wedge for a foot.

A blind man can see his kicking has improved ffs

My Dad for one is saying one of the best things that can happen to Newcastle is being relegated. Seems ludicrous, but on the other hand.....

Just out of interest, and you might have mentioned this before, but is your dad speaking as a football fan, or is he actually a newcastle supporter/sympathizer?

Passionate Newcastle fan.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating, obviously he doesn't want that to happen but he can see the good in it if it does. Of course, there's numerous objections.

Passionate Newcastle fan.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating, obviously he doesn't want that to happen but he can see the good in it if it does. Of course, there's numerous objections.

I think it would be good if Everton went down, it would mean one less spot for us to fill.