Disgusted at the lack of formal comment

Dave

Beats me why everybody seems surprised that the club has not been sold considering the economic meltdown.

Why would any foreign billionaire buy now when they will get an even better bargain later in the season? Or even if we were relegated would it be better to buy the club then and build it back up?  Remember we aren't talking about Newcastle supporters we are talking about economic investors who don't really have our priorities.

Barclays have had no trouble at all finding Middle Eastern investors just this week - if its a good investment (ie pricewise) then theres no reason to think its impossible.

By the way I make no apologies for my own personal opinion varying almost daily on the subject of this club.

There's so little detail about, well anything, that I keep changing my mind about who I feel is to blame and what can be done. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of, unlike some who seem to think once you've posted something on this forum you can't ever back down from that or admit your feelings have changed.

Second that. Still though, if Ashley's staying he needs to learn from the Spurs' chairman, and he needs to invest superheavy. I can't see that happening. It's such a tragic situation... I'm lost for words. So I have to stick with my "Ashley out"...

Beats me why everybody seems surprised that the club has not been sold considering the economic meltdown.

Why would any foreign billionaire buy now when they will get an even better bargain later in the season? Or even if we were relegated would it be better to buy the club then and build it back up?  Remember we aren't talking about Newcastle supporters we are talking about economic investors who don't really have our priorities.

I'm not surprised at all, but then that doesn't fit with the comments from Harris and Kinnear about things going well, does it? I'm disappointed at the lack of formal updates of any description.

As things stand, the last thing we heard is that Ashley is not going to put any money into the club. We're nearly as close to the January transfer window as we are on from that statement. If he can't (or won't) sell the club, tell us what the plan is.

GKs                RBs        LBs            CBs                      RM                                        LM                CM                  STs

Given            Beye      Enrique      Coloccini              Geremi                                  Gutierrez      Barton            Martins

Harper          Taylor    Bassong      Taylor                  Duff (christ, this looks bad)  Zoggy          Guthrie            Xisco

youngster                                        Bassong                                                                              new dude        new dude

new dude                                                                            new dude        new dude

Assuming all the 7 first-teamers leave with the exception of Harper, that's how our squad looks, to me. I think we need 6 new players, and not all of them have to be top class (the 4th striker and 4th CM, for example).

GKs                RBs         LBs             CBs                      RM                                        LM                 CM                  STs

Given             Beye       Enrique       Coloccini              Geremi                                  Gutierrez      Barton             Martins

Harper           Taylor     Bassong      Taylor                  Duff (christ, this looks bad)   Zoggy          Guthrie            Xisco

youngster                                        Bassong                                                                              new dude         new dude

new dude                                                                             new dude         new dude

Assuming all the 7 first-teamers leave with the exception of Harper, that's how our squad looks, to me. I think we need 6 new players, and not all of them have to be top class (the 4th striker and 4th CM, for example).

That assumes none of those you've named leave as well - you always lose one or two - in this case probably Zog and Martins.

That leaves 8 "first" team players to sign without adding to the squad numbers - £20m?

Guest Sniffer

Why would any foreign billionaire buy now when they will get an even better bargain later in the season? Or even if we were relegated would it be better to buy the club then and build it back up?  Remember we aren't talking about Newcastle supporters we are talking about economic investors who don't really have our priorities.

I'm not surprised at all, but then that doesn't fit with the comments from Harris and Kinnear about things going well, does it? I'm disappointed at the lack of formal updates of any description.

As things stand, the last thing we heard is that Ashley is not going to put any money into the club. We're nearly as close to the January transfer window as we are on from that statement. If he can't (or won't) sell the club, tell us what the plan is.

Would you expect them to say everything is going down the shitter? I don't believe a word that any of them say anyway so until I see an arab walking up the steps.........

Doubling Taylor and Bassong up might be fine in emergencies, but Beye isn't getting any younger and Enrique clearly doesn't convince successive managers.

Allowing for injuries and suspensions, the implication we can get by with just five or six defenders (of which four play the same position, one is not good enough, and another is an untried youngster) astonishes me.

By the way I make no apologies for my own personal opinion varying almost daily on the subject of this club.

There's so little detail about, well anything, that I keep changing my mind about who I feel is to blame and what can be done. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of, unlike some who seem to think once you've posted something on this forum you can't ever back down from that or admit your feelings have changed.

I don't see any need for an apology for having varying opinions, it's always like that with football and now is probably worse than what could be classed as normal.

I say invested as I bought it on the basis of the club moving forward in a satisfactory manner and with a sensible plan for the future. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this shit was going to happen. I don't care if that makes me sound less of a fan, the fact is I feel conned and let down. However, I now can't get that three years of money back, so I feel it gives those of us who put that money in more right to know what the owners are planning to do with it.

Ashley and his gang are supposed to be professional businessmen. What's professional about this 'taste of their own medicine' attitude? Sorry but I find it unacceptable when in charge of a multi-million pound business.

Touché on the companies bit.

Right, I guess my thought on a ticket is that you're first and foremost purchasing a seat and whatever happens to the money is out of your direct control so I don't consider it investing any more than purchasing an iPod is investing in apple.  I guess that still came off sounding dickish in my original post so apologies. 

As for his professionalism, non-communication is a pretty standard tactic in hostile environments.  It's not "being the bigger man" or "turning the other cheek", no,  I just said I don't blame him because I'd do the same.  I'm a petty bastard myself. 

Thing is though what we are getting is neither full-on or zero communication - kind of somewhere inbetween. If he wants to give us nothing to get back at us then so be it but he isnt doing that. I think we are safe to assume that he is allowing JK to talk to the media about this stuff otherwise he would have reeled him in like he did with Keegan.

Whats fucking piss-boiling is that he is allowing what information there is coming out of the club, to be contradictory and also to be made by their fall-guy in a slapdash and unprofessional manner.

What exactly are people hoping to hear? Supposing theres no good news what are the club supposed to do?

I think its pretty unreasonable to applaud the club for its privacy on some issues but then cirticise them for there lack of transparency on others. You cant have it both ways.

Part of me suspects that Ashley may not intend to sell the club at all.

It was clear after the Hull game that he had to do something, the storm wasn't simply going to blow over if he kept his head down and tried to get on with it. So what's the smart thing to do? Announce that he's looking to sell up, appease the angry mob and then privately quote a selling price that nobody is going to meet. If some multi-billionaire comes along with a ridiculous offer, then by all means make a tidy profit and move on. But the odds of that aren't great.

Couple of months pass and then he makes a statement saying that nobody is interested and that we're basically stuck with him for now. What then?

If he got a good manager in, properly backed him and got rid of that ridiculous set up he has with Wise etc, then im all for him staying.

Me too, but I'd have little or no confidence in him to do this, even if he came out and promised it was going to happen.

even if he announced he was staying, what manager would touch us, knowing the owner is only there reluctantly, isnt interested in the club, will be loathe to invest funds and would sell up to someone else at the very first opportunity. that's not to mention the previous troubles and complications associated with ashley's tenure.

It was clear after the Hull game that he had to do something, the storm wasn't simply going to blow over if he kept his head down and tried to get on with it. So what's the smart thing to do? Announce that he's looking to sell up, appease the angry mob and then privately quote a selling price that nobody is going to meet. If some multi-billionaire comes along with a ridiculous offer, then by all means make a tidy profit and move on. But the odds of that aren't great.

Couple of months pass and then he makes a statement saying that nobody is interested and that we're basically stuck with him for now. What then?

If he got a good manager in, properly backed him and got rid of that ridiculous set up he has with Wise etc, then im all for him staying.

Me too, but I'd have little or no confidence in him to do this, even if he came out and promised it was going to happen.

even if he announced he was staying, what manager would touch us, knowing the owner is only there reluctantly, isnt interested in the club, will be loathe to invest funds and would sell up to someone else at the very first opportunity. that's not to mention the previous troubles and complications associated with ashley's tenure.

Its strange cos despite the ridiculous history we have regarding managerial appointments every single one of our managers have said they would be happy to return to the club and that to me shows the strength of the job.

Id hazard a guess and say that there are a lot of manager out there who are confident in there ability and looking for a challenge who would love to ahve this job.

What exactly are people hoping to hear? Supposing theres no good news what are the club supposed to do?

I think its pretty unreasonable to applaud the club for its privacy on some issues but then cirticise them for there lack of transparency on others. You cant have it both ways.

Yes you can, keep quiet about things that need to be kept quite (ie transfers, contracts) and talk to the fans about the general structure and future of the club

Its strange cos despite the ridiculous history we have regarding managerial appointments every single one of our managers have said they would be happy to return to the club and that to me shows the strength of the job.

Id hazard a guess and say that there are a lot of manager out there who are confident in there ability and looking for a challenge who would love to ahve this job.

when we got rid of Robson and the club disgraced itself we were turned back by 5 managers (allegedly) and had to settle for souness. i think the same would probably happen, i'd hazard a guess that we wouldnt be able to get a top manager in but would look at someone like venables or kinnear.

I think its as much how they are doing it as apposed to what they are saying. If they want to keep it all in house then do it - keep everything secret, across the board. Dont drip feed the team manager what appears to be utter tripe about the intended take over so that he passes it out every now and again in the middle of his pre and post match press conferences.

For what ever reason, they are allowing JK to pass out this info and its just adding to the confusion.

Yes you can, keep quiet about things that need to be kept quite (ie transfers, contracts) and talk to the fans about the general structure and future of the club

i disagree, and i think you can see that by saying something he could easily tie himself up with his previous words. Saying something only for it to change would only make a bad situation even worse. He's right in saying fuck all, i can guarantuee that something willl be said when someothing definite happens and thats the right way to do it.

i disagree, and i think you can see that by saying something he could easily tie himself up with his previous words. Saying something only for it to change would only make a bad situation even worse. He's right in saying fuck all, i can guarantuee that something willl be said when someothing definite happens and thats the right way to do it.

Thats the thing though, he is saying stuff through JK - thats what makes it all come across as fantastically amateurish

i disagree, and i think you can see that by saying something he could easily tie himself up with his previous words. Saying something only for it to change would only make a bad situation even worse. He's right in saying f*** all, i can guarantuee that something willl be said when someothing definite happens and thats the right way to do it.

Thats the thing though, he is saying stuff through JK - thats what makes it all come across as fantastically amateurish

Thats fair enough. 

when we got rid of Robson and the club disgraced itself we were turned back by 5 managers (allegedly) and had to settle for souness. i think the same would probably happen, i'd hazard a guess that we wouldnt be able to get a top manager in but would look at someone like venables or kinnear.

Id hazard a guess and say Shepherd didnt even bother looking abroad, i think at that time, due to the nature of SBR sacking and his standing in the game we shot our selves in the foot and made the job unteneable, due to it being to hard an act to follow. In alot of peoples eyes, including my own SBR dsidnt deserve to go, how do you go about appointing a British managers who's first target at the club is CL qualification? No wonder people would turn it down. In my opinion the job from the outset didnt look like it had much chance of change, in the current situation there are plently of oppurutnites of change, the struecture could go, the struture could work, lets not forget that 3 people had already put there names to the job, why should it be any different now? One of those managers has even said how he could work in this structure.

the job is still a big job and i think people will still wan it.

If JFK doesn't get the full time gig I am sure he could ask about the possibility of taking up the role as the club spokesperson. Tbf to the club after the "IT IS A FACT" statement & Ashleys touching goodbye memo the club have thought we are shit at talking to the public best if we say fuck all.

Second that. Still though, if Ashley's staying he needs to learn from the Spurs' chairman, and he needs to invest superheavy. I can't see that happening. It's such a tragic situation... I'm lost for words. So I have to stick with my "Ashley out"...

I'd say that learning from the Spuds was the problem to begin with.  They haven't invested super heavy either, not this season anyway.  They threatened to but then that's all they ever do.  No I definitely think we should look to learn from anyone but the Spuds.