Duff vs Dyer

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dyer one season i remember played the majority of the games that year, and only contributed 2 assists and 1 goal.  Absolutely a joke, a KEY PLAYER huh

Just because he was a part of a 'successful' (for us) team doesnt make him a better player than Duff.

Duff has better passing, crossing and a better shot on him.  No contest.  Just hasn't the pace of Dyer... but i forget Dyer could use his pace for a whole 10 yards before pulling up injured.

Fucking hell, Duff has one of the weakest shots I think I've ever seen. :lol:

At least when Dyer was playing we didn't look like a bunch of stiffs walking around the centre circle while other teams over-ran us in the middle.

SBR described Dyer as having two hearts because he covered so much ground. Which of our current central midfielders are playing 'box to box' then?

Dyer one season i remember played the majority of the games that year, and only contributed 2 assists and 1 goal.  Absolutely a joke, a KEY PLAYER huh

Just because he was a part of a 'successful' (for us) team doesnt make him a better player than Duff.

Duff has better passing, crossing and a better shot on him.  No contest.  Just hasn't the pace of Dyer... but i forget Dyer could use his pace for a whole 10 yards before pulling up injured.

2 assists and 1 goal is what Duff got here in his first season, I can't see him on last years list for assists so I presume he didn't get any to add to his 1 goal.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

this is like arguing  about what is the best type of Shit to get on your shoes,...

:thup:

For all the shitness, I did enjoy finishing 4th and 3rd for a couple of seasons though.

We might finish 3rd and 4th this season as well though...from the bottom. That's the only difference.

Guest LucaAltieri

this is like arguing  about what is the best type of Shit to get on your shoes,...

For all the shitness, I did enjoy finishing 4th and 3rd for a couple of seasons though.

We might finish 3rd and 4th this season as well though...from the bottom. That's the only difference.

:lol: aye, because Dyer is responsible for those finishes.

It's because we were finishing 3rd and 4th that we could afford to keep someone like Dyer around. We'd have no use for him now.

It's because we were finishing 3rd and 4th that we could afford to keep someone like Dyer around. We'd have no use for him now.

You can't make assumptions like that.  Its daft.

He played a part in us getting and being there.  Sadly that type of player is exactly what we are missing now. :(

Yet he was one of our best players in the first 2 years under Sir Bobby and the pace we had in attack with Bellamy, Robert and Dyer was one of the big reasons we were so successful.

You make it sound like we were carrying him.

I remember the day Dyer signed  for us and landed at Newcastle airport, on SSN's some big bald geordie got him in a headlock and kissed him on the top of the heed.  :lol:

Dyer did score some cracking goals for us like.

His goal against Everton was class.

If you're denying the part Dyer played in those seasons then either you didn't watch the games or personal dislike is colouring your judgement. Probably the latter but that's to be expected tbh.

Hadn't realised that, what season was it?

My guess is that it was 2005/06 when he only started 6 games due to injury.

Do you want to explain that 6 games doesn't constitute the "majority of the games", or shall I? :lol:

Think it was this season

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=10633

only 1 league goal and only 2 league assists.  But cant show the assists on that site. 

Guest LucaAltieri

Yet he was one of our best players in the first 2 years under Sir Bobby and the pace we had in attack with Bellamy, Robert and Dyer was one of the big reasons we were so successful.

To an extent we were.

He's a luxury we couldn't afford now.

Value for money, he ain't.

Do you want to explain that 6 games doesn't constitute the "majority of the games", or shall I? :lol:

Think it was this season

only 1 league goal and only 2 league assists.  But cant show them up on that site. 

Which season?  That doesn't show anything to back it up.

To an extent we were.

Were we bollocks, complete and utter rubbish.

The only player we carried back then was Jenas when he had zero form yet Robson refused to drop him.

Think it was this season

only 1 league goal and only 2 league assists.  But cant show them up on that site. 

Which season?  That doesn't show anything to back it up.

2003/2004

Guest LucaAltieri

To an extent we were.

Based on... ?

I'm saying he's expensive for what we got out of him. You don't agree?

To an extent we were.

Based on... ?

I'm saying he's expensive for what we got out of him. You don't agree?

The bollocks reply was that the team didn't carry him, he was an important player for us when we had a very good team under Robson.

We paid £6 million and could have got easily over double that back for him if we had sold him to Leeds when they were interested, the problem was he wasn't worth the £80,000 a week he was reported to be on, that's not his fault his agent managed to get him a deal that good and I'd say Duff wouldn't be on much less.

2003/2004

Assists that season

1 at Leeds,

1 at Everton,

2 at Arsenal,

1 at Wolves

1 at Portsmouth

1 at home against Everton

I said i think because there was only one league goal.  Which site you get that from?