Duff vs Dyer

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duff since he signed for us, 2 league goals and 6 assists. :lol:

I dont believe that and is two different teams.  This year Duff has been, believe or not, good.  I dont remember every saying that for Dyer he had the one or two decent games off top of my head Southampton and Leeds away.

Out of interest dcmk, how old are you?

21 why is that relevant?

Just to get an idea of how much of Dyer's career here you'd be able to remember.

I remember everything..   he didnt develop at all at Newcastle.

I don't think anyone can argue this, can they?  He was very poor at passing, couldnt spot a pass either, poor at shooting, besides pace and workrate he really didn't bring anything to the team.

I honestly think the SBR team carried him, especially Gary Speed.  When we played JJ and KD start of our collapse.  Both didnt do nothing.

No positional sense, he was great at defending the near post have to admit.  It's irrating that people here actually rate the guy! 

Damien Duff like it or not, has picked his form up .. he can shoot, does have a brain and can pass and cross alot better. 

You managed to forget about 5 of 7 assists to support an argument.

Two of a kind - both flatter to deceive...

Dyer had better direct pace(when he could be a----d to use it)

Duff the better dribbling ability, but disappears up his own backside - very little end product..

Both highly over-rated, Dyer mainly because of his crap attitude and off-field antics.

Duff would be more use at left back or defensive midfield. He looks okay in those areas, but becomes utterly pointless within 35 yards from the other team's goal. Which is quite an issue when you're supposed to be an attacking winger.

Duff would be more use at left back or defensive midfield. He looks okay in those areas, but becomes utterly pointless within 35 yards from the other team's goal. Which is quite an issue when you're supposed to be an attacking winger.

agree, but he's small and worthless in the tackle, which makes him a worse choice in LB than Enrique, Bassong and N'Zogbia..

Dyer was generally fantastic from his arrival to about 2003 where injuries and inconsistent performances kicked in. Is it any wonder we finished 3rd and 4th with the pace he, Bellamy and Robert anihilated teams with. The 4-3, and 3-1 wins over Leeds in 2001-02 were real vintage Dyer at his counter attacking best. And can anyone forget his performance at Elland Road the following year.

Duff doesn't come close to any of that man, far from Kieron's biggest fan but there's no comparison. Loved Duff at Chelsea, he's a woeful excuse for a player now. Nice guy and clearly liked by everyone at the club, but he has to go man

Yep, and the ironic thing about Dyer is, his goalscoring record improved a lot after 2003-4 despite his form dipping.

This Dyer V Duff thing. While Dyer was in his pomp Duff was either was either outstanding for Blackburn or he was collecting medals at Chelsea (pre him becoming fringe player). Of course the Duff who is part of a Newcastle team that has been bouncing in relegation spots on regular basis this season & during his time has not finished in the top half of the Premier League during his time is not better than attacking midfielder who part of Newcastle teams that had good cup runs & finished highly in the league most seasons.

Duff = Newcastle In Relegation Zone

Dyer = Newcastle Playing In The Champions League

I understand that Dyer had better players around him but i think if you put Dyer (the Dyer of Newcastle, not the Dyer of today) in our team now he would offer a lot more to the team as his pace scared opposition and pulled defenders out of position to give the good players we have now, such as Owen, Martins and Jonas space to create and make things happen, whereas if you were to put Duff into the Newcastle team that Dyer played in he would not even get a sniff on the first team unless we had severe injury problems.

Therefore imo, Dyer contributed far more to the team than Duff ever has. There was more to Dyers game than just assists and goals. He was about stretching defences and creating havoc. Duff does nothing, even with his recent improvement in form (which is still shite!)

Duff is c***. Seriously, hes not fast, hes not very technical, it takes him an hour to pass and usually makes a pass backwards, ok he can get in crosses, put he provides with nothing special, he runs clueless around midfield. Its just annoying i'd rather have Zoggy playing for real.

Duff = Newcastle In Relegation Zone

Dyer = Newcastle Playing In The Champions League

I understand that Dyer had better players around him but i think if you put Dyer (the Dyer of Newcastle, not the Dyer of today) in our team now he would offer a lot more to the team as his pace scared opposition and pulled defenders out of position to give the good players we have now, such as Owen, Martins and Jonas space to create and make things happen, whereas if you were to put Duff into the Newcastle team that Dyer played in he would not even get a sniff on the first team unless we had severe injury problems.

Therefore imo, Dyer contributed far more to the team than Duff ever has. There was more to Dyers game than just assists and goals. He was about stretching defences and creating havoc. Duff does nothing, even with his recent improvement in form (which is still s****!)

You could also say Dyer would not get into the Chelsea team Duff played in.

I think Dyer has contributed a hell of a lot more than Duff. Since Duff has been with us, he has struggled to even beat his man at times. You can knock Dyers attitude and end product but he could go past players. He was also much quicker than Duff and like Jonas does, he brought the ball forward, allowing others to get into position as well as forcing the opposition back.

I still maintain hope that Duff will hit some form. Lately he seems to actually beat his man, do the hard work, and then completely fuck up the final ball.

This poll is far too close.

Owen or Oba instead Bellamy ffs.

don't start it man

is this a debate about all the players who never do enough for their pay.

dyer

duff

owen

martins

bellamy,

none delivered half of what could be expected.

don't start it man

dyer

duff

owen

martins

bellamy,

except Bellars who delivered about 3 times more than expected

don't start it man

dyer

duff

owen

martins

bellamy,

except Bellars who delivered about 3 times more than expected

Its a pity he was a forward who couldnt score goals like,.. but never mind

with a record of 1 in 3 despite being more a creator than a finisher? shut up man. Bellamy delivered a lot more than expected of him when he arrived.

funny he finished our top prem goalscorer in 04-05 despite being loaned out at the start of Jan.

deleted your original post? good boy

aye, cos you deleted yours, so i had two consecutive posts, thus, asking a question of myself,..btw, the post is the same,. unchanged,... good boy

you're insane pal. if 1 in 3 for a creative striker equates to a striker who 'cant score goals' you must be ecstatic with the current batch