Duff vs Dyer

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I wasn't a big fan of Dyer but he is twice the player Duff is who has actually been playing well of late, I say well, much better than he usually does. That said, it still isn't good enough.

Guest Heneage

Dyer over Duff for me far more penetrating.

I can guess why.

? I'll pretend thats funny I guess.

Duffs done well but today he just seemed to hold us up, he had one good chance with a shot but went near instead of far post, Charlie deserves a chance for me.

Dyer but he was never f***ing fit

Dyer stuck in the treatment room would offer more than Duff!!! 

Taking into consideration transfer fee, reputation when signed and fee he's the worst player EVER to play for NUFC,  he is a footballing fraud, has there ever been a winger in the history of the game who goes backwards as much as Duff?????  Rarely creates and doesn't score.

Duff reminds me of the way Milner plays.  He seems to hold up play more than he drives us forward.

In a nutshell. He looks terrified at the prospect of taking on a full back, when it's so much safer to stop, check back and then pass it sideways.

what pisses me off is the little routine that he's got going here, the way he simulates activity.. when he starts to wave his little hands, screaching for a pass and when the ball arrives to him he inevitably knocks it 3 times with the outside of his foot, takes this bended position like he's just about to fly past the fullback and then instead of doing so, turns his back and starts to dribble like Messi but in the opposing direction until he has no other choice but to pass it backwards..

this probably doesn't even make any sense, but that's what Damien Duff is - a footballing fraud and he has been like that from his first game here..

granted, he had a couple of decent displays this season, but that's simply not good enough.. fuck him.

Guest LucaAltieri

Is there another player in the football league that has spent as much time out injured?

Dyer cost us a bomb. Made an average of 24 (if we round it up) appearances a season. Scored 23 goals for us... in 8 years.

Duff in comparison costs less (both transfer fee and wages - if the papers are to be believed), he's been available to play the majority of time, he's not a bad influence on the dressing room, and he has the ocassional good game (about as often as Dyer did).

No contest in my view.

Slightly shite Irishman > Expensive sicknote.

I'd love to know how all the people who bang on about "squad depth" voted on this one.