Nile Ranger MK II?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7726780.stm

A professional footballer has been sacked by his club after he was arrested by police at the weekend.

Walsall Football Club said it had dismissed winger Ishmel Demontagnac, 20, following a series of serious breaches of club discipline.

Police said a man had been arrested on suspicion of a breach of the peace on Sunday morning in Birmingham Road, Walsall, but released without charge.

Demontagnac was sent off after just eight minutes on the pitch on Saturday.

The Londoner had come on as a substitute during the FA Cup first round match against Scunthorpe when he was dismissed for an off-the-ball incident.

Violent conduct

Manager Jimmy Mullen, who criticised the player after the match for letting down his team-mates, said: "He's a fantastic talent, there's no doubt about it.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, what he's got in terms of his ability he should be playing in the Premier League.

"But obviously there's something within him, the person, that stops him from doing it."

He said Demontagnac's arrest at the weekend was the culmination of several serious incidents.

He added: "The club felt that enough is enough."

Demontagnac was chosen for the England Under-18 squad in November 2005 and played for the England Under-19s against The Netherlands at Walsall's Banks's Stadium in September 2006.

But his career at the club has been controversial and he was sent off twice for violent conduct in the 2005/6 season

I see no harm in giving the lad a trial.

Guest Heneage

Obviously its a risk, but you have to look at Nile and say why not, its just keeping him quiet and in control, this is where the older players need to set good examples.