Away Support

Guest timmy boy

Honestly, I think we have the best away following in the league. Closely followed by Man Utd. Man Utds away support is class. Always sing and have a good variety of songs....better than us anyway.  Yes, they bring big numbers but with the success they have you'd sort of expect that wouldnt you?

Chelsea's is absolutely sh!te! One of the worst in the league imo....considering how good they are.

Villa usually have a very impressive away support, as do West Ham. How Man City fans can claim their 'the best in the world' is beyond me. Their decent, sometimes good but thats it.

The mackems have a good away following. But most of them sit and they spend most of their time singing songs about us. :-[

Man United, easily. Followed by Liverpool.

Whoever said the Mackems wants shot, not being biased there but their away support is poor in every way except numbers.

:doh: Jesus wept!!! you talk shite. we`ve sold out every away game bar one this season (except numbers) you got this right.

so what makes you think the noise levels or songs are lower\worse than other clubs?

Whoever said the Mackems wants shot, not being biased there but their away support is poor in every way except numbers.

:doh: Jesus wept!!! you talk s****. we`ve sold out every away game bar one this season (except numbers) you got this right.

so what makes you think the noise levels or songs are lower\worse than other clubs?

Because you all sit and sing about Newcastle. Proper away fans stand and sing about their team.

:doh: Jesus wept!!! you talk s****. we`ve sold out every away game bar one this season (except numbers) you got this right.

Because you all sit and sing about Newcastle. Proper away fans stand and sing about their team.

Bullshit!!! how many of Sunderland`s away games have you been too??

About 10-15 a season.

About 10-15 a season.

you'll have to explain yourself

About 10-15 a season.

:iamatwat: Yes I think he will

About 10-15 a season.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/orly.jpeg

About 10-15 a season.

keep quiet you !

fwiw i know fans from both clubs who travel regularly and both say the travelling atmosphere,while still being better than the home support ,has certainly dropped in intensity over the past year and a bit. maybe it's a football wide thing.

About 10-15 a season.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/orly.jpeg

Nice O Rly'ing.

About 10-15 a season.

keep quiet you !

:bootyshake:  Kiss me swingers..... O0

i think portsmouth tend to be quite good, but fenerbache has been the best ive seen

Ayee, Fenerbache were the best in a long time at SJP, class

http://wealsoran.com/music/uploaded_images/no-wai001-759200.jpg

When I used to go to a few Reading games I was very impressed by the Chelsea fans, maybe just because it is quite local and not far for them to travel.

Went to Reading the other season, when we played there. When we were sat outside that bar at Reading station, all you seen was a stream of glory-hunters heading for the train into London to watch Chelsea. No wonder there were plenty of them there for Reading v Chelsea.

Didn't look like you sold out at Blackburn. Was that the one you meant?

You are a bit overly obsessed with Newcastle, and your songs reflect that. Yourselves and Boro say we're s**t, yet it seems that your idea of a good season is when you beat/finish above us.

Didn't look like you sold out at Blackburn. Was that the one you meant?

You are a bit overly obsessed with Newcastle, and your songs reflect that. Yourselves and Boro say we're s**t, yet it seems that your idea of a good season is when you beat/finish above us.

We took our allocation and more,between 6 and 7 k down there,
You are a bit overly obsessed with Newcastle
in your minds only!! you should try reading your own boards and see how many references there are about us.

most fans cringe at the anti Mag songs TBH,ok at the derby but other than that theres no need for them.

and by the way if you think because im on a Mags board this implys obsession,count how many Mags visit the SMB on a daily basis

I believe Im the only Mackem that gets on here regular,but then I surf most of the football boards. O0

Sunderland took 5,500 to Blackburn. Full allocation is around 7/8k. Pathetic following.

Ah in fairness its not 'pathetic'. Considering Chelsea only took about half of what the mackems took, it could be worse. A pathetic away support would be Wigan for instance. Shockingly bad.

Still, we have a much better away support than sunderland.  :snod:

Sunderland fans sit everywhere they go, some were even sitting up here for fuck sake. Numbers isn't everything, look at Everton's away support for example. As Pav said you all sit down and sing about us, some of our fans chant about Sunderland and it's small time as fuck, but the majority of your fans are obsessed, bitter arseholes.

I can't believe people reckon Portsmouth have good away support, at first they brought loads up but they all sat in silence, now they bring a few hundred up and mostly sit in silence. I appreciate it is canny far to travel like but it doesn't take away the fact that their support away from home is poor.

Fenerbahce weren't great at all, top notch in terms of numbers, but I can't remember them chanting much, not in the ground anyway.

Sunderland took 5,500 to Blackburn. Full allocation is around 7/8k. Pathetic following.

As an away fan - you'll find yourself seated in the Darwen End. This is typically an allocation of 4,000 tickets (around 3/4 of the stand), but in the occasion demands it the whole of the stand can be made available. The facilities are good our main grumble being the legroom provided being tight as there is not a lot of space between the rows of seats.

http://www.fanzone.co.uk/Team/Blackburn-Rovers-Football-Club.aspx link if needed.

As I said,we took between 6 and 7k  the lower tier of the Darwen End hold 4k we also had the upper tier,plus many fans in with the homers.