Pathetic

Dokko

Anth Lormor used to get the bus to games when he played for the Toon.

Quickly email them, they'd love to hear from you.

It was pre-premier league & SKY refuse to recognize Football before then

:laugh:

Even better. You'd confuse the whole channel.

My great-grandad used to go drinking with Hughie Gallagher on a Friday night and said that quite often he'd go out on a Friday night with his football boots tied around the back of his neck, would sleep it rough where Gateshead Stadium is now, and then walk across to St James' the next morning for the match.

My great-grandad used to go drinking with Hughie Gallagher on a Friday night and said that quite often he'd go out on a Friday night with his football boots tied around the back of his neck, would sleep it rough where Gateshead Stadium is now, and then walk across to St James' the next morning for the match.

why did your great grandad sleep rough?

why did your great grandad sleep rough?

My great-grandad didn't, but Gallagher did.

SOme bloke in weatherspoons in ashington says milburn used to get the bus into Newcastle before a game.  NOt sure he lived in ashington during the wholeof his nufc playing career though.

MInd we going back a little way here :p

In his early days Jackie would have to organise his shift at work around getting into town to play for Newcastle.

When he was a pro he would still take the bus to SJP for a home match and was reluctant to get on first when supporters insisted he did. He was just too modest.

Guess he'd be using a Bentley or a helicopter these days.

Guest elbee909

SOme bloke in weatherspoons in ashington says milburn used to get the bus into Newcastle before a game.  NOt sure he lived in ashington during the wholeof his nufc playing career though.

In his early days Jackie would have to organise his shift at work around getting into town to play for Newcastle.

When he was a pro he would still take the bus to SJP for a home match and was reluctant to get on first when supporters insisted he did. He was just too modest.

Or a Bentley, converted into a helicopter, with 50 Cent's face on it like Thomas The Tank Engine.

There was a story in the papers a few weeks back about robinho quing for 25mins to get a store card to save 50% on his £300 quids worth of clothes shopping - seem to be obsessed with rich footballers doing normal things.

Guest timmy boy

When I was going to watch the cricket at Durham in the mid 90's we drove past Melvyn Betts at the bus stop who was Durhams fast bowler at the time and my old man stopped and offered him a lift and he jumped in the front and we took him to the ground.

When I was going to watch the cricket at Durham in the mid 90's we drove past Melvyn Betts at the bus stop who was Durhams fast bowler at the time and my old man stopped and offered him a lift and he jumped in the front and we took him to the ground.

Class. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

This is a true story and he used to also sleep rough around central station. Wor Jackie and many other players used to get the bus to the match with fans and get the bus back too if they weren't out on the town drinking with fans. Imagine that today.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye he used to work down the pits and employees once staged a protest so Jackie could leave earlier for the match which he was very embarrassed about.

Or a Bentley, converted into a helicopter, with 50 Cent's face on it like Thomas The Tank Engine.

Wouldn't you fly one if you could? Instead of 50 Cent's face, I'd have a life-size figurehead of Jordan with her top off. Marvellous.

Aye he used to work down the pits and employees once staged a protest so Jackie could leave earlier for the match which he was very embarrassed about.

The classic story I've heard, and I like to believe is true is that - upon being told he was having a testimonial game (because he was struggling financially, and the club wanted to help him out) wor Jackie replied 'will anyone turn up?'