Krul stays if Harper goes.

Baggio
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not the best way to express it but Krul's just shown more ambition than Harper ever has.

At least Krul sees the need to get games and has the bottle to leave and search for games. Then again I've been saying this for years.....

*waits for the 'aye but he's loyal' shite to come.*

This.

I belive Tim Krul is good enough too be our 2nd goalkeeper. Krul is one of the best talents in Europe, and it would be just stupid too let him go. He's 20 years now and I understand why he's concerned about his situation at the club and considers a move.

• 1 month later...

He's been getting rave reviews from Carlisle fans.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2127265220

Also

"MK Dons is my last game and we have to just take it from there again and just do what we did last time, see what the possibilities are and what happens at Newcastle"

Tim Krul

Carlisle goalkeeper Tim Krul spoke to BBC Radio Cumbria's Derek Lacey after Carlisle's 2-0 away victory at Elland Road this afternoon, Krul also talking about his own future as his current loan spell at Brunton Park from Newcastle runs out after the MK Dons game next weekend :

" I have never seen a dressing-room that happy before, everybody was just so delighted that we walked away with three points, and especially how as well. Some great goals, Michael Bridges was absolutely outstanding with Danny (Graham) upfront and they worked their socks off. If you see the team performance today, if we can do that every week then we don't have to be afraid of anybody.

" It was a great day for me, a lot to do, you know that if you come to a place like this at Elland Road then of course you have got a lot to do. I was prepared to work and I am happy to get another clean sheet. A clean sheet is for the team, it starts with Danny Graham and Michael Bridges upfront. If they don't press hard enough then we get a lot of pressure on the defence. So we defended today, a nice little trick from Danny Livesey was almost an own goal but apart from that honestly we were absolutely outstanding, all of us.

" Of course I came here to play so I was really disappointed when I heard that the Walsall game was called off, but everybody trained really sharply this week and you can see it today on the pitch. Everybody was, before the game we just said to each other that we are going here for a win, we don't sit down or sit back where we maybe did in the first couple of weeks. We just walked out and we looked from the beginning that we wanted to score so I am happy with it.

" In one way the transfer window is upsetting for the players, I think that that is football now, I have started to realise that one day you are there and one day the rumour is always there. So you just have to perform on the day I think and don't look further than what you can look at.

" It is a little bit upsetting of course because now with our strikers as well there are a lot of rumours going around, but we just have to be focused on our games and keep the three points. I think that the rumours stepped his (Danny Graham's) game up a bit so keep the rumours coming. He obviously did fantastic though with Michael Bridges around him and the back up with the midfield was perfect today.

" MK Dons is my last game and we have to just take it from there again and just do what we did last time, see what the possibilities are and what happens at Newcastle. I think that this week we will of course talk with Newcastle and we will see what happens. One day it is this and one day it is that so I am just waiting and I just have to keep improving, and that is we do now. "

Either way - if Given goes this month we'll have Harper / Forster for the remainder of the season, with Krul staying on loan and picking up experience.  If Seamus decides to stay then next year we will will have Given / Krul / Forster next year. Hopefully.  As much as I respect Harper's 'Matt Le Tissier ' loyalty if he hasn't got the number one shirt by then he really should be away as this is is last big deal in the game.

For those asking whether a 20 year old keeper is entitled to desire a starting position in the Premier League, may I ask how old Shay Given was when brought to Newcastle...? And should those people retort that there's only one Shay Given, well, what about Casillas, or Buffon (whom Krul has been compared to)?

No contest for me - keep Krul, and show the lad some faith.

Oh, and as for saying it's not appropriate to air dirty laundry in public, well, given the turmoil in the decision-making hierarchy, maybe he's asked for assurances and been given half a dozen different answers...?