Krul stays if Harper goes.

Baggio
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He is loyal though.

And he's a good keeper who has been dropped at times when an underperforming Given has returned from injury.

I was only really saying that as a joke but I have no problems at all with Harpers lack of ambition. Its his loss and that lack of ambition has meant we haven't had to search for a new keeper every year or put up with dodgy back up.

Harper's been a great servant but with the young talent we have coming through in the goalkeeping dept, it's probably best for him and us if he gets a 1st team jersey elsewhere. Unless the rumours that Given wants away are true that is.

I was only really saying that as a joke but I have no problems at all with Harpers lack of ambition. Its his loss and that lack of ambition has meant we haven't had to search for a new keeper every year or put up with dodgy back up.

It's the same lack of ambition which Shearer had while here, to play for Newcastle.

I'd like to see Krul go out on loan, as he has done, and prove himself in a lower league before being promoted to the bench. After all Forster has gone out on loan and by all reports done alright too.

To be fair to Krul he went out on loan last season and did well in the SPL behind of a shite defence.

True, i'd like to see him at a team that isn't shipping goals left, right and centre - see what his concentration is like. Often think it can be easier for a young keeper if you're kept busy rather than having to make maybe only 1 important save during a match.  Not that that will ever be the case playing behind our shambles like.

It's the same lack of ambition which Shearer had while here, to play for Newcastle.

Behave man, Shearer was a starter for the 5th best team in the country over a decade, howay man.

There's an element of truth to the fact that keeping Harper on has made things easy for the club. (I don't believe for a second that there wasn't another keeper out there better than Harper but we never had to push for it and find him. We'll never know.)

But his loyalty is now causing a problem. We've got the best young keeper in Holland who's hungry for games. By giving Harper a contract, we'll lose Krul. It's a no-brainer imo.

Give him a painting of a spitfire and let him go.

Edit: Exactly the same thing applies between Shola and Ranger.

So we bullet Harper next summer, then we wait until Tim is hacked off with Shay playing & then we peddle Shay.

Much better to let up and coming Krul go on and become a star for another team, at least we'll have loyal Steve Harper warming the bench with his 33 yr old arse for another season.

So we bullet Harper next summer, then we wait until Tim is hacked off with Shay playing & then we peddle Shay.

Much better to let up and coming Krul go on and become a star for another team, at least we'll have loyal Steve Harper warming the bench with his 33 yr old arse for another season.

We cant have any players saying who the club offer contracts too, it is fucking banana's. You use the word loyal next to Steve Harper like it is dig at him being at the club for a long period of time.

I think Timmy is getting ahead of himself because I am not sure if he is our 3rd choice keeper.

If Krul is good enough then he'll force his way into contention, what people seem to forget is that Krul is better off playing games than sitting on the bench.  Harper being on the bench is no big deal at his age although he's usually a bit rusty for a few games when needed.

We cant have any players saying who the club offer contracts too, it is fucking banana's. You use the word loyal next to Steve Harper like it is dig at him being at the club for a long period of time.

I think Timmy is getting ahead of himself because I am not sure if he is our 3rd choice keeper.

How is it having a dig at Harper when he's in the final year of his contract and could be looking to leave in any case? Both keepers hvae valid reasons for moving on to advance their career, for me I'd prefer to keep the younger prospect but I can understand people favouring local veteran Harper, that's their choice.

Given will probably get injured between now and March, giving Harper to Jersey till the end of the season, thus giving him a new contract. Send Krul on loan to Hartlepool for a season

That's just it - he won't go to Hartlepool (or anywhere else). We haven't got 2 or 3 years to play with. It's either Harper or Krul and the decision has to be made in the next 6 months which one to keep and which one to bin.

Given will probably get injured between now and March, giving Harper to Jersey till the end of the season, thus giving him a new contract. Send Krul on loan to Hartlepool for a season

That's just it - he won't go to Hartlepool (or anywhere else). We haven't got 2 or 3 years to play with. It's either Harper or Krul and the decision has to be made in the next 6 months which one to keep and which one to bin.

Krul has 2 1/2 years left on his contract. He can spend next season loan or rot in the reserves

Krul has 2 1/2 years left on his contract. He can spend next season loan or rot in the reserves

:lol:

There is also the doubt about whether Given will be staying.

I would be reluctant to get Krul go but he must look around and see that there are other young keepers playing regularly in the Premiership and when he looks at Newcastle unless either Harper or Given leaves, he will not get a chance for a number of years.  He needs to be playing regularly now and at present he is having to share games with Forster when there are not that many reserve games in a season.

We are also constantly linked with other goalkeepers - there was another one earlier this week - which is strange because that is the one area where we have strength in depth.

Guest Heneage

Good to read more stories of Wise meddling with the squad.

Meddling or keeping one of our best prospects from going for under £2m? In a game where Diego Cavileri a truly crap Brazilian keeper went for £6m Krul should go for no less than £5m.

I think Krul should stay personally, he has identified talent, and as much as I like Harper, its important we think for the future. Still it would be nice if they explained to Krul he's 20, he needs to be patient. It seems like he is feeling under valued.

Meddling or keeping one of our best prospects from going for under £2m? In a game where Diego Cavileri a truly crap Brazilian keeper went for £6m Krul should go for no less than £5m.

I think Krul should stay personally, he has identified talent, and as much as I like Harper, its important we think for the future. Still it would be nice if they explained to Krul he's 20, he needs to be patient. It seems like he is feeling under valued.

Should. Be. Up. To. The. Manager.

Guest Heneage

Should. Be. Up. To. The. Manager.

Is he not involved in academy recruitment? I agree, but either way in this instance he's done us a favour so I won't bemoan him.