JFK staying for another month

Guest Chubby Jason

we could be alot worse off, we all saw what Houghton did, followed by crap like Venables,Hoddle and Francis turning us down, we are scoring goals, never beat by more than the odd goal and ive seen us play alot worse fooball under Souness,Roeder and Fat Sam

Not saying i'm happy with the setup, but the state the clubs in behind the scenes it could be a whole lot worse.

Shearer comes in as manager and makes the same decision there'd be no complaints, i'm reading stuff on here and it's not opinions, they actually believe that what they think is right and if JK doesn't do it he's a clueless twat, cunt etc. Fucking pathetic, what do you want from the guy?

Shearer comes in as manager and makes the same decision there'd be no complaints, i'm reading stuff on here and it's not opinions, they actually believe that what they think is right and if JK doesn't do it he's a clueless t***, c*** etc. f***ing pathetic, what do you want from the guy?

I understand what you are saying but if Shearer had made the same subs and blatent favoring of shit players over good ones then I'd call him for it. 100%.

But ultimatley I believe he actually has a clue and would not make the same poor choices.

Meh, we'll see in time I guess.

Shearer comes in as manager and makes the same decision there'd be no complaints, i'm reading stuff on here and it's not opinions, they actually believe that what they think is right and if JK doesn't do it he's a clueless twat, cunt etc. Fucking pathetic, what do you want from the guy?

It's true that there'd be more patience for Shearer, because he would be the actual manager long-term, and he's a club legend whom is the hero of thousands of supporters.

But the fact of the matter is, i highly doubt Shearer would do the same things as Kinnear, as i can imagine he'd be a much better manager. It's a pointless thing to say/comparison to make.

For the record, i don't like Kinnearer because i don't like his general approach to football, the way we play, the results we've got, and the some of the things he says to the media. I'll admit that i don't like him for some things he can't really control, for example - i'll be furious if he spends and sells in the transfer market, but if Ashley gives him a budget then who could blame him.

From a positive point of view, he seems a reasonable motivator. On the whole though, i just think he's a pretty wank manager and i don't think he cares a great deal about the club itself. That's why i, personally, don't like him.

Sick of people thinking they know better, fuck off.

By the way, Diablo - you're a really good poster, why do you have to come out with that condescending shit? It's a forum, people have opinions. You've basically just contradicted yourself cos of the first sentences of that post - ie, you gave an opinion.

Sick of people thinking they know better, fuck off.

By the way, Diablo - you're a really good poster, why do you have to come out with that condescending shit? It's a forum, people have opinions. You've basically just contradicted yourself cos of the first sentences of that post - ie, you gave an opinion.

It's hard to put into words what I mean but it seems like because JK isn't what I'd call a proven top flight manager, many people think that just because they disagree with what he does then it is the wrong thing to do and because of that he's a shit manager, cunt etc. They don't come across as opinions to me as an opinion is believing something in essence whilst being able to take on board the thoughts of others and accepting that it might be different to yours, but when someone is saying they hate someone just because of the way he plays or what subs he makes just makes them look ignorant. Like the substituting Jonas thread, no offence, but I just think that is a case of the love of a player getting in the way of reality and looking at a situation objectively, he was knackered when Duff wasn't and their play was coming mostly down his side meaning he was susceptible to being caught out or making a poor challenge which might mean losing him for the next 2 games. And it wasn't like his attacking ability should be reason for him to stay on as we were defending for our lives.

I can take and enjoy reading different opinions. I didn't mean know better than me btw, I meant JK. He may not be the best but he has won us some games and got us out of the relegation zone (for now admittedly) he's done a lot for us when no one else would take it and I just think he's not getting the respect he deserves. I'm not sure what anyone was expecting when he took over ??? a 10 game unbeaten run or something? He's done about as well as I for one could have hoped, and not for two late goals against Wigan and City we could easily be 4 points better off.

Also how can you say he doesn't care after that rant to the press where he mentioned attacks on the players?

Guest firetotheworks

So far the only thing thats pissed me off about him is him taking Jonas off instead of Duff, when he took over if I thought that would be my only major complaint then Id have been happy. So he can continue with my blessing anyway. Weve been worse of, and he's got balls. I like balls.

You gotta understand JFK in charge =/= he should be blamed.  The club's future is still very unclear as Ashley doesn't going to sell the club in short term.  You should bash Ashley or the potential bidder (probably another businessman aiming for short sale profits - if the price they offered is ridiculously low).

If we didn't hire JFK we must be in relegation zone now.  He should be credited, no matter how much you hate him.

Not surprised to see Kinnear in charge until end/Dec - I thought he probably would unless the club was bought in Nov...

However, I wouldn't be happy to see him remain in charge for the Transfer Window because unless Ashley takes the club off the market, Kinnear will be buying players that the next manager(there WILL be one if the club is sold)will probably not want.

If Kinnear ends up buying players in Jan, he may well be manager for the rest of the season ; will that be enough to keep the club up ? - I am not confident, but there is little alternative ; there is very little chance of the club getting a top class proven manager in its current situation and of all the so-called big names, only Shearer is likely to touch us at present(or even until it is apparent that the club WON'T be relegated).

I've actually got no real problem with the job that JFK's done so far. He's doing as well or better than any manager we've had over the past few years and he seems to have the confidence of the team. And he's done it at a time when morale was at an all-time low, when attendance is down and the fans aren't solidly behind the team, when the owner is trying to sell the club, and without a long-term contract.

I don't know if he deserves a longer contract, but he deserves credit.

I'm just as frustrated as many others on here at times, but I also agree that it could be alot worse.

Its no good moaning who we couldn't beat Fulham/Wigan/the mackems when as has already been pointed out, we beat Villa, and drew with Everton/Citeh/Chelsea.  Thats the unpredictability of football.  Its why you can't always judge who is better "on paper", and its why everyone doesn't win on their sweepstake every week.

Come the end of the season we won't be in the bottom 3.

Just to be clear, JFK said he would be in charge until the Chelsea game, then after the Chelsea game comes out and says he has another 1 month contract and the fans are whingeing because...?

Because if it wasn't for Kinnear and Ashley we wouldn't have a potential global recession and credit crunch and the club might have been sold by now.

I think people just want to know one way or another and no one from MA crew are coming up with any comments at all on the clubs situatuion.

MA is leting Harris and Kinnear do all the talking while he and his magots sneak around clock and dagger style not saying a word.

He is a fucking coward of the highest order.

Just to be clear, JFK said he would be in charge until the Chelsea game, then after the Chelsea game comes out and says he has another 1 month contract and the fans are whingeing because...?

My only gripe is that he didnt just say he was in charge until the Chelsea game, end of. He talked about "it all coming to light , D-Day" and such bollocks etc etc.

At a time when any snippet of information about possible announcements or decision is being jumped on by the fans, coming out with this kind of thing is, in my opinion, ill-advised and undoing any good work he is doing with the team.

I think people just want to know one way or another and no one from MA crew are coming up with any comments at all on the clubs situatuion.

MA is leting Harris and Kinnear do all the talking while he and his magots sneak around clock and dagger style not saying a word.

He is a f***ing coward of the highest order.

Harris is in the best position to talk about the sale.

My only gripe is that he didnt just say he was in charge until the Chelsea game, end of. He talked about "it all coming to light , D-Day" and such bollocks etc etc".

At a time when any snippet of information about possible announcements or decision is being jumped on by the fans, coming out with this kind of thing is, in my opinion, ill-advised and undoing any good work he is doing with the team.

I take everything he says with a pinch of salt, it might be better if others did the same.

Maybe so...............

BUT he aint the current owner is he.

MA bought the club to sell and has made a major fuck up. Big time. 

He should have some responsibility to what he has bought, this isn;t a nromal business like Dunlop where he can have other people running it for him.

This is a football club and its full of peopels emotions.

He should be a big lad and face up to his fuck up.  Fucking coward.

Maybe so...............

BUT he aint the current owner is he.

MA bought the club to sell and has made a major f*** up. Big time. 

We (the fans) asked him to piss off and he's put the club up for sale, he doesn't need to say anything until the club is either sold or taken off the market.