Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

Seb's The Find Of The Season - JK

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear believes that in-form defender Sebastien Bassong has been the "find of the season" in the Barclays Premier League.

The Paris-born ace had just turned 22 when he appeared in a trial match for United during a pre-season friendly at Doncaster Rovers in July.

And, having done enough to win a permanent switch to St.James' Park, the former FC Metz starlet has gone on to win a regular starting place at the heart of the black-and-white backline.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1512448,00.html

What are the weaknesses to this lads game? I havent seen anything drasticaly poor yet.

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear believes that in-form defender Sebastien Bassong has been the "find of the season" in the Barclays Premier League.

The Paris-born ace had just turned 22 when he appeared in a trial match for United during a pre-season friendly at Doncaster Rovers in July.

And, having done enough to win a permanent switch to St.James' Park, the former FC Metz starlet has gone on to win a regular starting place at the heart of the black-and-white backline.

What are the weaknesses to this lads game? I havent seen anything drasticaly poor yet.

He doesn't exactly have a great touch but tbh I couldn't care less, defensivly he's solid as a rock. I'd happily shake Wise's hand if he was the one who found him

By Craig Hope

Glad to hear those words from JFK.......hopefully that means Taylor wont be starting at centre back  bar injuries

Going to keep praising him after each match, have to make the most of it whilst this form lasts!

Fantastic again today, on the ball and off it. Might have some problems keeping hold of him at this rate. Fantastic pro off the pitch too for being so young, always says the right things.

Only weakness imo is that he looks prone to giving away a penalty when he gets turned. Got away with it at Portsmouth when Defoe turned back on him but went down easily so no penalty was awarded there, and then again today when Bellamy turned him he held him similarly and that should have been a penalty too.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

By Craig Hope

A complete contradiction of what Kinner said after picking Cacapa ahead of Bassong for the Fulham game when he defended his decision to play Cacapa and said "everyone at he club thinks Cacapa is better than Bassong."

By Craig Hope

A complete contradiction of what Kinner said after picking Cacapa ahead of Bassong for the Fulham game when he defended his decision to play Cacapa and said "everyone at he club thinks Cacapa is better than Bassong."

Christ, is he not allowed to change his mind after 3 months of seeing the lad day-in day-out?

By Craig Hope

I thought he said Bassong was left out of the starting line-up that game because he had a niggly injury?

By Craig Hope

Have you not noticed over the last few months Bassong has been getting picked ahead of Cacapa, that tells who JFK rates.

What did you expect him to say after the Fulham game "Cacapa is crap I picked him for laugh just to piss Bassong off"

By Craig Hope

you'll have to find a link for that quote.

By Craig Hope

This is the best he is going to find:

“I wouldn’t have said I would have done things differently, because I sat down with everybody concerned and the options weren’t there.”

“I wanted Taylor to play – there’s no doubt about that. We left it until as late as possible to put him in the side, but he pulled out.” “He was still feeling his groin, and we had to make a decision.”

“I know there’s Bassong, but it’s easy to say that after the event.” “We feel amongst ourselves that Cacapa is the better player of the two, but he didn’t have an exceptionally good game, and the first goal was an error on his part.”

His footwork is pretty good aswell, i learned today - some really clever touches and passes when under pressure in the backline. The positives of the lad just keep on adding up.

I continue to be impressed with the guy - it's fantastic to see.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

By Craig Hope

This is the best he is going to find:

“I wouldn’t have said I would have done things differently, because I sat down with everybody concerned and the options weren’t there.”

“I wanted Taylor to play – there’s no doubt about that. We left it until as late as possible to put him in the side, but he pulled out.” “He was still feeling his groin, and we had to make a decision.”

“I know there’s Bassong, but it’s easy to say that after the event.” “We feel amongst ourselves that Cacapa is the better player of the two, but he didn’t have an exceptionally good game, and the first goal was an error on his part.”

Cheers TheSpence. I knew he'd said it.

His footwork is pretty good aswell, i learned today - some really clever touches and passes when under pressure in the backline. The positives of the lad just keep on adding up.

I continue to be impressed with the guy - it's fantastic to see.

that comment will probably bite you in the arse at some point.

Love Bassong, he's an absolute quality CB but has a pretty poor touch at best tbh