Mido chants to be investigated by the FA

Guest nufc_kev

I just can't bellieve that no-one picked up on our past racist bile hurled at Jimmy Floyd, after all 'Just a fat Eddie Murphy' was obviously thrown his way because he is black and so is Eddie Murphy.

On a more serious note, regardless of the nature of the chanting it is close to the bone for a lot of people and its no surprise that some quarters have lumped it as being racist, I'd wager that (giving the benefit of doubt to the songs creator) the original target was his likeness to RR, but a number of fans were chanting it thinking that it was aimed at him being an 'arab' (that seems to be the term banded about by borderline racists for anyone not from Britain these days).

Unfortunately we can't do anything about these individuals unless you can identify them all indivudally. Until then maybe the song should be shelved for the greater good?

After the fuss made last year I'd be amazed if anyone was unaware that it get dredged up again if the bomb chants were repeated. That's why I don't accept it was innocent banter, at best it was downright stupid everything considered, which is why I don't see the need to bend over backwards defending such daft actions.

Have a long hard look at the people who caused the 'fuss'.

I just can't bellieve that no-one picked up on our past racist bile hurled at Jimmy Floyd, after all 'Just a fat Eddie Murphy' was obviously thrown his way because he is black and so is Eddie Murphy.

On a more serious note, regardless of the nature of the chanting it is close to the bone for a lot of people and its no surprise that some quarters have lumped it as being racist, I'd wager that (giving the benefit of doubt to the songs creator) the original target was his likeness to RR, but a number of fans were chanting it thinking that it was aimed at him being an 'arab' (that seems to be the term banded about by borderline racists for anyone not from Britain these days).

Unfortunately we can't do anything about these individuals unless you can identify them all indivudally. Until then maybe the song should be shelved for the greater good?

After the fuss made last year I'd be amazed if anyone was unaware that it get dredged up again if the bomb chants were repeated. That's why I don't accept it was innocent banter, at best it was downright stupid everything considered, which is why I don't see the need to bend over backwards defending such daft actions.

The national media?

Guest toonlass

Wwheeessss keeeeeyyyyyssss Louise from the guardian?

Correct both times.

Certain people with agendas as well as the usually 'outraged about something, life isn't fair' smoggies.

Nothing happened then, nothing will happen now, because people know that it is a storm in a teacup. Even Southgate has said as much.

Correct both times.

Certain people with agendas as well as the usually 'outraged about something, life isn't fair' smoggies.

Nothing happened then, nothing will happen now, because people know that it is a storm in a teacup. Even Southgate has said as much.

Even if that's the case, the fact is it has been reported broadly by the press and not just one agenda driven journalist. Wether anything comes of it or not, it hardly reflects well on us as a club to be associated with this stuff two seasons running. That's the reason I can't understand all this defensive excuse making for a few plebs who should know better.

What is it then? I thought is was something to do with there version of jesus marrying a 6 year old. orsomething like that.

Post of the Year. Nailed on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1091753/Middlesbroughs-Mido-accuses-FA-repeat-abuse-Newcastle-fans.html?ITO=1490

Middlesbrough striker Mido has launched a stinging attack on the FA and Newcastle United for their handling of racist chanting during the Tees-Tyne derby.

A section of Newcastle fans launched into an abusive song aimed at the Egypt international as he prepared to come on as a substitute in Saturday's goalless draw at the Riverside Stadium.

The song - 'Mido, he's got a bomb you know' - was only brief and not repeated once Mido had replaced Jeremie Aliadiere but it was the same abuse as in last season's derby on Teesside which prompted an FA investigation.

The FA wrote to both clubs following that game in August last year and told Newcastle they would not accept a repetition. But no banning orders were handed out, despite the FA probe, and Soho Square chiefs have now promised a fresh investigation.

However, Mido has claimed the FA's inaction a year ago has allowed the problem to persist and said he expects them to be no help in the future.

The ex-Tottenham forward told Egyptian TV: 'They kept chanting disgusting words, racist words about Islam and unfortunately this is the second time the same fans have done this. It has happened again as the English FA did nothing the first time. I considered this as an invitation from the FA for the Newcastle supporters to repeat such shameful acts.

'I can assure you that nothing is going to happen again. The FA said they will be investigating the issue and make use of the latest technology to stop such racial abuse of players. But I feel that nothing will happen. I am asking the FA to take serious action to stop such a thing. These chants are not directed at me as a person but they are directed at Islam as a religion.'

The FA have again written to Newcastle to ask for their observations and a spokesman insisted it is being taken seriously. He said: 'Last season we wrote to Newcastle and made it quite clear we did not want a repetition of this incident. We have written to them again and await their response.

'In the meantime, I would repeat that we condemn any racist abuse or chanting and are determined to stamp it out. We will also help focus on identifying the individuals and support the club and police in taking the strongest possible action against them.'

Newcastle will issue a statement in the club programme for Stoke's visit this weekend, reiterating their strong stance against racist abuse.

Apart from anything else, I love the Daily Mail getting on their high horse about racist abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1091753/Middlesbroughs-Mido-accuses-FA-repeat-abuse-Newcastle-fans.html?ITO=1490

Middlesbrough striker Mido has launched a stinging attack on the FA and Newcastle United for their handling of racist chanting during the Tees-Tyne derby.

A section of Newcastle fans launched into an abusive song aimed at the Egypt international as he prepared to come on as a substitute in Saturday's goalless draw at the Riverside Stadium.

The song - 'Mido, he's got a bomb you know' - was only brief and not repeated once Mido had replaced Jeremie Aliadiere but it was the same abuse as in last season's derby on Teesside which prompted an FA investigation.

The FA wrote to both clubs following that game in August last year and told Newcastle they would not accept a repetition. But no banning orders were handed out, despite the FA probe, and Soho Square chiefs have now promised a fresh investigation.

However, Mido has claimed the FA's inaction a year ago has allowed the problem to persist and said he expects them to be no help in the future.

The ex-Tottenham forward told Egyptian TV: 'They kept chanting disgusting words, racist words about Islam and unfortunately this is the second time the same fans have done this. It has happened again as the English FA did nothing the first time. I considered this as an invitation from the FA for the Newcastle supporters to repeat such shameful acts.

'I can assure you that nothing is going to happen again. The FA said they will be investigating the issue and make use of the latest technology to stop such racial abuse of players. But I feel that nothing will happen. I am asking the FA to take serious action to stop such a thing. These chants are not directed at me as a person but they are directed at Islam as a religion.'

The FA have again written to Newcastle to ask for their observations and a spokesman insisted it is being taken seriously. He said: 'Last season we wrote to Newcastle and made it quite clear we did not want a repetition of this incident. We have written to them again and await their response.

'In the meantime, I would repeat that we condemn any racist abuse or chanting and are determined to stamp it out. We will also help focus on identifying the individuals and support the club and police in taking the strongest possible action against them.'

Newcastle will issue a statement in the club programme for Stoke's visit this weekend, reiterating their strong stance against racist abuse.

Apart from anything else, I love the Daily Mail getting on their high horse about racist abuse.

On top that Wullie, there are so many things wrong with that article it's untrue.

Guest johnson293

A slightly related update from NUFC.com....

Update: There were calls today for the FA to investigate anti-Irish comments written on Newcastle fan websites.

Two daily newspapers claim that several Guinnessophobic comments were made that could cause offence to someone, somewhere, sometime. Possibly.

A spokesman for 'let's kick everything out of football' said, "don't be so f*cking stupid."

;D

They needed some suckers to take the rap for this shit.....

The irony is Mido the Paedo will get ten times more abuse the next time he shows his fat arse round these parts.

From boro's official site;

"Middlesbrough Police have confirmed that two individuals were arrested at the game for racial chanting and have been given a court date."

The males, aged 49 and 23, both from the Silver Lonnen area of Newcastle, will appear at Teesside Magistrates Court on Tuesday December 9 charged with racial chanting"

From boro's official site;

"Middlesbrough Police have confirmed that two individuals were arrested at the game for racial chanting and have been given a court date."

The males, aged 49 and 23, both from the Silver Lonnen area of Newcastle, will appear at Teesside Magistrates Court on Tuesday December 9 charged with racial chanting"

father and son ?

The last thing we need.

Morons.

Pointless reacting until we know what it was the were chanting.

If it was the Mido stuff, not sure how that would stand up with the 'racial chanting' accusation.

Have you ever been arrested and subsequently charged with racial chanting by police? I haven't.

Morons.

The last thing we need.

Morons.

If it was the Mido stuff, not sure how that would stand up with the 'racial chanting' accusation.

Have you ever been arrested and subsequently charged with racial chanting by police? I haven't.

Morons.

turning into an airplane sketch

The last thing we need.

Morons.

Morons.

Nope.

Wonder how it was just those two though?