N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

It was still taken a little bit seriously IMO like, not much craic by the end. :laugh:

Not too seriously though, which was the key. I think it would improve massively if/when we know each other better.

6 fucking gutted, especially that sitter, I should have just stayed at RB like fitness did me over, not looking forward to Tuesdays Gym sesssion. :(

But other than that lads was good game played in a good spirit was nice to meet you all and put names to faces and what have you, any word on Gambaling Gorilla?

you turned me inside out a couple of times,.. but you tend to sneak round the back and get caught offside.

6 f***ing gutted, especially that sitter, I should have just stayed at RB like fitness did me over, not looking forward to Tuesdays Gym sesssion. :(

But other than that lads was good game played in a good spirit was nice to meet you all and put names to faces and what have you, any word on Gambaling Gorilla?

I think the general consensus was everyone enjoyed it - bit of a shame about the wind playing havoc at times but it was still a relatively competitive match.

I was rusty as f***. Being made built of pipe cleaners doesn't help either when you's are all 6ft+.

Enjoyed the first half more than the second due to the lack of light, the cramp and 3G-burn and being caught in possession more than f***ing Nicky Butt. Also, I simply don't talk or call for the ball when others have the ball and I'm in a decent position. Quite relieved at my general fitness though, last time I played I was still eating s**** and doing no exercise whatsoever, meaning I was dying after about 10mins.

Great fun overall though, and we really need to sort something out for another match sooner rather than later. :thup:

I thought you were canny like!

In terms of sorting out another match, I'd be willing tohelp organise it, I don't think it's fair to expect Dr V, Pilko (and also let's not forget Stephen927) to do it again.

It's just getting a time that suits everyone really.

But I enjoyed it despite a complete lack of fitness  :thup:

sunday night is cool, i cant imagine it clashes with anything , for many,

Was thinking along similar lines.

A particular date could always rule out a couple but generally I'd imagine it's viable for most.

Without taking 10 steps too many, roughly when would people be interested in doing it again?

Guest Heneage

FFS Pilko I was not the slowest on our team!! I ask who's deft pass set up our equalizer?  :celb:

It was still taken a little bit seriously IMO like, not much craic by the end. :laugh:

Not too seriously though, which was the key. I think it would improve massively if/when we know each other better.

Mate you should have seen our HT team talk it was like 300. I don't know who but the lad on the left wing for us was like " I wouldn't want to change now like". Commitment man! So who are the non attenders Jawesome and GG?

i think people were just too fucked, and all i could think about was would i make it back to my car,..just about, its fucked me.

Mate you should have seen our HT team talk it was like 300. I don't know who but the lad on the left wing for us was like " I wouldn't want to change now like". Commitment man! So who are the non attenders Jawesome and GG?

Haha, ours was like 'Anyone want a Jaffa Cake?', and that was it. :lol:

Tbf I think your lot were miles more vocal than us (how many of them already know each other?). We just had more class when it mattered. :smug:

Guest Heneage

Tbf I think your lot were miles more vocal than us (how many of them already know each other?). We just had more class when it mattered. :smug:

You mean when the lad in the Napoli shirt got the ball? :lol:

FFS Pilko I was not the slowest on our team!! I ask who's deft pass set up our equalizer?  :celb:

and pegasus bridge.

aye we talked about asking for the keeper to change teams but we woulda had to swap one of our players and we were all red or dead.

pilko - i was being modest, you're supposed to say 'nah mate that was a difficult chance' or next time you're not getting a lift. and aye that one that came back of the post i fucked up big time, less said about your 'finish' from my left wing cross the better though eh?  :pow: good defensive claerance tbh :colo:

You mean when the lad in the Napoli shirt got the ball? :lol:

:snod:

we instantly gelled as a team tbh, if we'd had a keeper you woulda been toast

and pegasus bridge.

aye we talked about asking for the keeper to change teams but we woulda had to swap one of our players and we were all red or dead.

pilko - i was being modest, you're supposed to say 'nah mate that was a difficult chance' or next time you're not getting a lift. and aye that one that came back of the post i f***ed up big time, less said about your 'finish' from my left wing cross the better though eh?  :pow: good defensive claerance tbh :colo:

What, you mean when I managed to knee it out for a throw in? :blush: :lol:

we instantly gelled as a team tbh, if we'd had a keeper you woulda been toast

Get fucked, the number of chances we missed was criminal. :lol: