Simon Jordan - NUFC are a small club!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Howaythetoon

What gets me, if we are irrelevant outside of our own city walls dear Simon then what the fuck are you err, talking about us for? :lol:

Guest The Libertine

"I've been up at Newcastle many times, and this Geordie Roar they talk about, I've never heard it, the only time I've ever heard it is when they score.

"Newcastle fans have got to face the fact they're not a big club, they're a big club in Newcastle, not anywhere else and this expectation level that is put on managers up there is grossly unfair."

say what you want about the man but the above is true. the quicker we realise this, the better for everyone. adjust expectations to fit reality.

(no doubt i'll be derided for saying this)

"I've been up at Newcastle many times, and this Geordie Roar they talk about, I've never heard it, the only time I've ever heard it is when they score.

"Newcastle fans have got to face the fact they're not a big club, they're a big club in Newcastle, not anywhere else and this expectation level that is put on managers up there is grossly unfair."

say what you want about the man but the above is true. the quicker we realise this, the better for everyone. adjust expectations to fit reality.

it's not true because ive never heard any geordie talk about a 'geordie roar'. he's just pulled that phrase from his arse. which shows he is not talking about real newcastle fans and their REAL beliefs or expectations, but a mythic media concoction in which all nufc fans see the club as being on par with man utd and barcelona and expect us to win the league every year.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42195000/jpg/_42195424_simonjordanhair203.jpg

Nice tan love.

The reason why the fans dont mak much noise is because we can see the life being sucked out of our football club.

You deserve derision here though, why shouldn't we expect our team to do ok in the league?  This club pays out the 5th highest wages, why on earth should we accept shit for that kind of outlay?

it's not true because ive never heard any geordie talk about a 'geordie roar'. he's just pulled that phrase from his arse the media his arse and the media which shows he is not talking about real newcastle fans and their REAL beliefs or expectations, but a mythic media concoction in which all nufc fans see the club as being on par with man utd and barcelona and expect us to win the league every year.

Our recent history seems to be fairly common knowledge for a small club doesn't it?  In fact every journalist, pundit and failed businessman seems to have an opinion.

Including George Reynolds FFS  :angry:

We are a big club, and the media attention we get is testament to this. A lot of factors weigh in to make us a club with such a stature, but no rational Toon fan will pretend we are on the same level as clubs such as Man Utd.

It's ironic how the media (and other fans) attack us fans for believing we support a big club who have a divine right over other clubs to be successful, when it's the same media who give us so much attention in the first place.

Our recent history seems to be fairly common knowledge for a small club doesn't it?  In fact every journalist, pundit and failed businessman seems to have an opinion.

Including George Reynolds FFS  :angry:

Lovechild of FS.

Guest Howaythetoon

Precisely. Just take the constant criticism as a compliment, the more 'they' talk, the more it shows how much people still think NUFC is a big club.

I don't need Simon Jordon to reaffirm that we are indeed a big club because it is not only so fucking obvious (disclaimer: not on a par with bigger clubs of course) but more importantly I honestly couldn't give a fuck whether people think we are or not as it means fuck all anyway.

I do take issue with the expectations remarks however not because its a lie which it is but because it firmly demonstrates to me that people like Simon Jordon who has been heavily involved with football affairs just doesn't get it which is one of the major reasons why there is such a huge divide between the game and fans who follow and support it, people like him having a direct influence on it.

We are a big club, and the media attention we get is testament to this. A lot of factors weigh in to make us a club with such a stature, but no rational Toon fan will pretend we are on the same level as clubs such as Man Utd.

It's ironic how the media (and other fans) attack us fans for believing we support a big club who have a divine right over other clubs to be successful, when it's the same media who give us so much attention in the first place.

Agreed there. In all fairness, we do have the 3rd largest club stadium capacity in the country, and we can easily fill it. I don't think it takes Einstein to realize that we are a big club. I'm pretty sure he and other NUFC snipers know that already.

The fans? yes a significant amount are fickle and have their expectations too high, but the main body of support is a grateful and knowledgeable one.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fuck off you wimpy fucking sponge. Have some fucking pride in your club man.

f*** off you wimpy f***ing sponge. Have some f***ing pride in your club man.

:lol:

Don't bite.

Not his club ?

Jordan added: "I don't know why he's got Dennis Wise in there, I wouldn't have him as Director of Football at my club, because I probably could write what Dennis knows about players abroad on the back of a postage stamp.

Spot on.

The rest is tripe.

Doesn't the song say "You can hear the Geordie roar every time the magpies score, we're the most united team in all the land etc etc.."? So technically, Jordan has evidence to back up his opinion..

Never the less. Simon  J :lol: rdan, WHAT a man!! :lol:

the whole big club small club doesnt mean fuck all iyam. fulham are a tiny club yet are 9th in the league having beaten us. pompey are a small club who have been challenging top 6 for last few seasons. leeds are a big club in league 1. we are big in that we have money, support and people do care about our fate. it all means fuck all when we do shite though.