Blackburn to axe Ince? 'Allardyce or Souness/Tugay may get the gig' - Daily Mail

Thespence

Because the promoted sides aren't doing the decent thing and losing, we've got an unusual situation where more half the league is hovering within a few points of the drop zone, and it only takes one bad set of results to put you into the bottom three. Unless there's something going on behind the scenes, it seems a bit early for Blackburn to be pressing the panic button.

Having said that, the idea that people are picking on ex-Man U players is more than a bit silly. That won't help his players at all.

Ince hasn't been given anywhere near a fair chance. He's not exactly had much money to spend and his best players seem to be injured at least half the time. I think he will turn out to be a decent manager but what chance to people have to prove themselves if they are only getting this long to do it?

*cough* Allardyce *cough*

Fair point and in a fair world he would of had a longer chance too but a fair few other factors at our club made it certain that he was always walking a very thin line. Ince has come into that club who realistically were looking at mid-table at best with Bentley gone and the cash he's had. I've not seen blackburn much this season though so maybe they are playing totally shite football.

Guest palnese

Very unfair to judge Ince this early in the season. If he is sacked, it'll be a panic move. Can't believe they would contemplate taking Souness back as well. Am sure they were on the verge of sacking him before he got the toon job?

very risky to hire him in the first place.. done  nowt to deserve a PL job

Very unfair to judge Ince this early in the season. If he is sacked, it'll be a panic move. Can't believe they would contemplate taking Souness back as well. Am sure they were on the verge of sacking him before he got the toon job?

Well, he did reasonably well at Macclesfield and MK Dons did he not?

Yes, he did (very well actually). But it's a huge step up, from League 2 to the Premiership - and crap signings such as Andrews, Robinson, Fowler and Villanueva have helped to prove that. Ince seems to have the qualities to be a good manager, and Blackburn are probably the right club for him, but I think he needed more experience before coming to the big league - maybe a job in the Championship?

Did excellent jobs at both places. I liked the idea that he had done stints in a lower league

f*** me, talking on the Sunday Supplement about the pressure on Ince being race-related. Jesus wept.

WTF, i must have missed that this morning.  Fucking hell man the pressure is on him because he cant get a win.  Terrible media speculation.

f*** me, talking on the Sunday Supplement about the pressure on Ince being race-related. Jesus wept.

WTF, i must have missed that this morning.  Fucking hell man the pressure is on him because he cant get a win.  Terrible media speculation.

Of course he clarified that it was not the media, but fans on message boards and the like.

I'd be fucking fuming if I were a Blackburn fan.

Watching that pompous w*nker Oliver Holt going on about how it's "racism that is going to get Ince sacked"

What crap. Was it racism that got him the job in the first place ?

No, it was that he did well in a lower league.

He hasn't done well in the Prem, and its what happens.

Race doesn't enter into it until some tit like him mentions it.

The comments about the obnoxious Holt from Blackburn fans are spot on here:-

http://boards.rovers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14678&sid=b4b073f907096e16e60dfc7b792daa16&start=2400

It was completely the wrong time and place for Ince though, wasn't it?

I can see why he went for it, but Blackburn had been overperforming to a massive extent under Hughes and the only way was down for them. Santa Cruz was going to be their lifeline, but he hasn't been firing as normal either.

Ironically it was probably the wrong decision for Hughes to leave as well.