Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Okay so all of a sudden with the additional pace of zoggy to worry about it appears even more spaces are opening up for our strikers.

We've basically been shooting ourselves in the foot the majority of this season because we clearly have better players in the team who we have been keeping on the bench! Why?!

Very good to see Martins and owen linking up for the second goal. Very good sign.

Owen is really surprising me today. Just when you think he's done as a striker in the 4-4-2.

Let's keep it up boys.

it's just amazing to me to see us simply look a class side. not just outplaying stoke, but 100% outclassing them. if I didn't know I was watching newcastle, it would seem like i was watching a game between a big 4 type team against a bottom of the table type team. clicking on all cylinders right now.

martins working the channels very well today

and that pass from Geremi - can you imagine nicky butt doing that?

He's imperative in our team tbh. Must be a permanent fixture as far as i am concerned. He's slow and he's not particularly skillful, but he is delivery.

WTF are we going to do to replace Owen after he buggers off in January ????

The one quality striker we have ?

Nile Ranger

I'd like to see the lad given a run out, sure.

But is he over hyped before he kicks a ball in the first team ?

Guest firetotheworks

He's imperative in our team tbh. Must be a permanent fixture as far as i am concerned. He's slow and he's not particularly skillful, but he is delivery.

;D Class.

against teams like wigan/ stoke yes but not against the big 4, wouldnt keep up with the likes of hargreaves/ gerrard

Guest justin99.

it's just amazing to me to see us simply look a class side. not just outplaying stoke, but 100% outclassing them. if I didn't know I was watching newcastle, it would seem like i was watching a game between a big 4 type team against a bottom of the table type team. clicking on all cylinders right now.

don't get ahead of yourself,  it's not that good

WTF are we going to do to replace Owen after he buggers off in January ????

The one quality striker we have ?

Nile Ranger

I'd like to see the lad given a run out, sure.

But is he over hyped before he kicks a ball in the first team ?

vastly underrated.

Shows what happens when Butt, Duff and Taylor aren't in the team :)

It's criminal!

The majority on here know we have better players on the bench but ut has taken injuries for them to be given a chance.

Let's just hope we continue in this vein and play so well that Kinnear cannot bring himself to reintroduce any of those clowns.