Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think Ive ever been this pissed off after a match before, absolutely terrible. Stoke ffs, fucking Stoke.

WHY THE f***ing HELL DON'T A GROUP OF 11 PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE BOTTLE TO MAINTAIN A 2-0 LEAD AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY? Jesus. No spine, no respect, gutless, hopeless, limp wristed chickens. I have no respect whatsoever for these people, none at all.

And who makes them like that? Gives them the confidence et all? Why it's that man who's stood in the dugout. What is he again? Oh yeah, their MANAGER. Of course Kinnear is to f***ing blame. They aren't just told to go out there and do what they want and then decide "You know what, let's not try". Have a f***ing word.

EDIT: and FYI, the 'worst team in the country'? They beat Arsenal at the Emirates and are above us in the league :lol:

Guest The Libertine
WHY THE FUCKING HELL DON'T A GROUP OF 11 PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE BOTTLE TO MAINTAIN A 2-0 LEAD AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?

basically. kinnear can only shoulder so much of the blame. the players (well, most of them) let themselves down in the second half.

we wont be relegated but it'll be close.

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:banghead: :suicide:

It was the right decision to take Oba off last week imo, but today it was wrong, Owen looked really lethargic and had 3 players closing him down whenever he got the ball 2nd half.

Why? Owen looked exactly the same last week as he did this week when Martins was taken off.

That substitution, and the changes it enforced, is argably the worst substitution i have ever experienced as a NUFC fan. I'm not exaggerating either, it was absolutely insane.

From start to finish, absolutely insane. 1 - not having any midfielders on the bench. 2 - the choice of personnel. 3 - the positional changes it forced.

what midfielders could we have on the bench?

Guest sittingontheball

Didn't turn up second half.

Center mid problems re-emerge in force.

More points thrown away against relegation rivals.

Did well for forty minutes as well just to rub it in.

Dear oh dear.

A lot of people jumping on the Kinnear vitriol bandwagon right now..

Did he make a ballsup of the substitutions and tactics ?

Yes he did.

It isn't knee jerk, and nor is it the first time he's done it either.

He's better than Hughton would have been though.

Not saying much is it ?

Guest firetotheworks

KaKa howeh man, move on!? It was 5 minutes ago and we drew at home to Stoke having been 2-0 up. Are you on morphine?

Pathetic. That's what you get for taking off our outlet and fucking around with the formation. The Oba decision contributed to the awful second-half performance but what did it was changing around three positions for the sake of one. We had a proper rb, rm and cm, so when guthrie went off, naturally we just make sure that only one player has to play in an unfamiliar position but Kinnear's such a dumb fucking cunt that he changed around 3 positions. We lost shape after that and kept on dropping deeper and deeper (a familiar, familiar theme).

I thought Zoggy was poor in the second half, especially so considering how good he was in the first. The only players that can come out of this performance feeling relatively good are Enrique, Owen and Martins. Jonas had a poor second half. He dropped too deep at times, pushed forwards at other, wrong times. He's not a CM and I have no idea why Kinnear would think he'd be able to put in a decent performance there. He was great in the first half, so why the fuck did Kinnear change his position? Beye was also non-existent in the second half and again, Kinnear's at fault for this. What can the players do when you've got a fucking idiot for a manager?

totally agree.

martins did pick up a knock before he came off, but he looked as if he had shrugged it off. 3 shit substitutions.

as for the bench - lua lua played against this lot last year and did not look out of place one bit. is he injured?

I hope those two players Kinnear's expecting to bring in January are Ronaldo and Kaka.

We are shite. We can't win at home or away. We can't hold onto a lead. Will 38 points be enough for survival as we average 1 point a game?

Kinnear is shite and the players aren't much better. Mike Ashley you bastard.

This blaming Joe Kinnear is getting on my nerves.

Yes, he is clueless.  He has the tactics of Souness.  Who gives a shit?  Did Stoke win this because of the tactical prowess of Tony Pulis? 

WHY THE FUCKING HELL DON'T A GROUP OF 11 PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE BOTTLE TO MAINTAIN A 2-0 LEAD AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?  Jesus.  No spine, no respect, gutless, hopeless, limp wristed chickens.  I have no respect whatsoever for these people, none at all.  It is making supporting this club difficult.  They will take this club down, shrug, and move on. 

This.

Unless your name is Obafemi Martins or Jonas Gutierrez, you can fuck off.

You can't take all the blame away from Joe.

You don't take a Ferrari offroading, neither do take a 4x4 around silverstone.

Similarly you don't try and fit 4 centre halves into one pitch and play your right winger in centre midfield.

WHY THE FUCKING HELL DON'T A GROUP OF 11 PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE BOTTLE TO MAINTAIN A 2-0 LEAD AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?

And how on earth do you know we won't be??? We're in serious threat. Even worse than last season.

sheesh...i wish I was as certain as you are!

A lot of people jumping on the Kinnear vitriol bandwagon right now.

Can't imagine what would have happened had we actually lost the game.

Unfortunate conditions today but another point on the board lets move on.

Fuck off man. It's hardly knee-jerking this Kinnear band-waggon, most of us said the same after the City-game, and it's been proved every time we've been in the lead that he is fucking clueless. You don't put ten men in your penalty box from the 60th minute, there's no way you'll get off with that.

You don't take off the only pace you've got in the side, you don't play half your team out of position and you fucking don't get yourself sent to the stands as soon as something goes tits up.

Yes, he is clueless.  He has the tactics of Souness.  Who gives a s***?  Did Stoke win this because of the tactical prowess of Tony Pulis? 

WHY THE f***ing HELL DON'T A GROUP OF 11 PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE BOTTLE TO MAINTAIN A 2-0 LEAD AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?  Jesus.  No spine, no respect, gutless, hopeless, limp wristed chickens.  I have no respect whatsoever for these people, none at all.  It is making supporting this club difficult.  They will take this club down, shrug, and move on. 

If we had 3-4 Zidane's out there, then yes, it wouldn't matter what position they were playing or what the tactics are, they'd still play well and it would be fair to expect them to be able do to so.

But with Kinnear fucking up the balance of the team out there on the pitch, it's difficult for these players to do their jobs. Managers do make a massive difference with their decisions, we're probably the best witnesses to this in the Premiership given the peaks and troughs we've been through and the corresponding massive differences between the Keegans/Sir Bobby's and the Allardyce's/Souness'. The players need sound management in order to be able to perform adequately. There's nothing more to it.

Yes, he is clueless.  He has the tactics of Souness.  Who gives a shit?  Did Stoke win this because of the tactical prowess of Tony Pulis? 

WHY THE FUCKING HELL DON'T A GROUP OF 11 PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE BOTTLE TO MAINTAIN A 2-0 LEAD AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?  Jesus.  No spine, no respect, gutless, hopeless, limp wristed chickens.  I have no respect whatsoever for these people, none at all.  It is making supporting this club difficult.  They will take this club down, shrug, and move on. 

This.

Unless your name is Obafemi Martins or Jonas Gutierrez, you can fuck off.

You can't take all the blame away from Joe.

You don't take a Ferrari offroading, neither do take a 4x4 around silverstone.

Similarly you don't try and fit 4 centre halves into one pitch and play your right winger in centre midfield.

Did you see who we had on the bench?

basically. kinnear can only shoulder so much of the blame. the players (well, most of them) let themselves down in the second half.

got to beat our relegation rivals at home. especially when we have a 2 goal lead on them with around half an hour to play.