Kinnear Out

oldtype

If Billy Davies is still out of a job and be willing to work until the end of the season only, i'd sack JFK immediatley and replace him with BD. I think BD's quite canny and i'm surprised he doesn't appear to be in work.

I think sacking Jk now would be a disastor for NUFC, more upheavel for the players more pressure on the club and fans (fans then take the presssure into the stadium).  I'm not over happy with JK myself but I just cant see a better solution for us at the moment.  We've just got to see this season out.

:weep:

Its a rollercoaster ride with no safety harness.

You fall, you die.

Can we survive?  Phuck knows. 

If Billy Davies is still out of a job and be willing to work until the end of the season only, i'd sack JFK immediatley and replace him with BD. I think BD's quite canny and i'm surprised he doesn't appear to be in work.

Are you serious?

I think sacking Jk now would be a disastor for NUFC, more upheavel for the players more pressure on the club and fans (fans then take the presssure into the stadium).  I'm not over happy with JK myself but I just cant see a better solution for us at the moment.  We've just got to see this season out.

:weep:

Its a rollercoaster ride with no safety harness.

You fall, you die.

Can we survive?  Phuck knows. 

Spot on. The guy's useless but we've no choice but to take the gamble and hope we stay up.

The light at the end of the tunnel is either the club being sold in the summer (thus new manager) or Ashley getting someone better in anyway.

Are you serious?

If we're in the bottom 3 in the new year then i'm desperatey serious. I don't see JFK learning from his mistakes, do you?

If he's going to take us down you want us to stick with him?

Who else are we going to get?

Don't say Rikjaard....

Are you serious?

If we're in the bottom 3 in the new year then i'm desperatey serious. I don't see JFK learning from his mistakes, do you?

If he's going to take us down you want us to stick with him?

Who else are we going to get?

Don't say Rikjaard....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalm2.jpg

I repeat

I can't see any circumstances where we would (or even should) sack Kinnear this season. Even if we are in the bottom 3 come March, there are no alternatives, except Hughton as caretaker again.

Until the club is sold, or Ashley changes his mind, we won't be appointing a top-level permanent manager. Better hang on to our hats lads, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

:)

I might be over reacting........

However, at what point do you decide you have to let JFK go?

If we're in the bottom 3 in March?

But then that would be 3 managers in one season, can you remeber the season Sunderland went through, Peter Reid, Howad Wilkinson and finally Sick Mick.

Total Disastor.

Nobody wants to manage us as we are, never mind managing us in the bottom 3.  Can you imagine picking up the bits going in the the final run of games with us in the bottom 3.  Can you imagine the pressure from the fans.

Damned if we do, Damed if we dont,...

its over boys, we're finished, get the cigars out.

A bit early to be saying that like.

I'm on the edge and I think the club is looking over the edge itself but there still a lot to play for yet.

Its no over until Mike Ashley sings.

So if by some miracle the club was sold Man City style (ie seemingly in hours) we'd have to stick with Kinnear would we?

No - so why can't we get a decent manager in anyway.

Nobody wants to manage us as we are, never mind managing us in the bottom 3. 

Theres a difference beween the mandate Kinner came in on (6 games/weeks) and an end of season deal.

Can you imagine picking up the bits going in the the final run of games with us in the bottom 3.  Can you imagine the pressure from the fans.

A decent manager saved us last year.

Guest Heneage

Christ home of the manic depressive here. We've got January to come yet, let him do his job, no he won't get us Europe but he won't get us relegated either I don't  believe.

Christ home of the manic depressive here. We've got January to come yet, let him do his job, no he won't get us Europe but he won't get us relegated either I don't  believe.

You don't believe he won't get us relegated?

Worrying.

Nobody wants to manage us as we are, never mind managing us in the bottom 3. 

Theres a difference beween the mandate Kinner came in on (6 games/weeks) and an end of season deal.

Can you imagine picking up the bits going in the the final run of games with us in the bottom 3.  Can you imagine the pressure from the fans.

A decent manager saved us last year.

KK was out of a job and said himself this was the only job he would come back for.....

Why would a manager touch us at the moment, the owner doesn't want us, no contracts have been sorted out for the top/experienced players and we aint even sure if there is money to spend.  The only way JK will be replaced is at the end of the season when we know where we stand.

It would be reckless to change it now anyway, unless we get a top manager, which wont happen.

Why won't he get us relegated? Unlike previous seasons there are no standout poor clubs who look like going down. No equivalent of Derby last year for example. West Brom will struggle which is a bit harsh because they're a decent enough side, but the likes of Blackburn and Sunderland may end up being just fine if they choose their managerial replacements wisely (I can't see Ince staying long at all to be honest). Stoke will do well to stay up I reckon but their relegation is by no means a foregone conclusion.

We're a very unstable club, with the futures of some of our best uncertain, and we're relying on the tactical genius they call Joe Kinnear to keep us up. We've undoubtedly got the players on paper to do quite well (when they're all fit), but that counts for nothing when you can't pick the points up.

Off the pitch we're a mess, but on it I don't think we've been very much worse than the teams around us... I'm worried but I still think it's more likely Joe will do enough to keep us up. Look at Spurs, who everyone seems to rate and nobody is mentioning as relegation candidates.

Hopefully the Stoke game will have taught Kinnear something about his mental substitution policy.

Hopefully the Stoke game will have taught him something about his mental substitution policy.

It's hardly the first time he's messed it up is it? What makes you think he'll change his mind now?

He comes across as resolutely stubborn.

Hopefully the Stoke game will have taught him something about his mental substitution policy.

It's hardly the first time he's messed it up is it? What makes you think he'll change his mind now?

I'm not sure he will learn, but maybe giving up a good performance and a good lead against shit opposition will be enough ti finally get it through to him.

That's the thing I'm worried about tbh; he doesn't seem to be learning. It was fucking obvious Stoke were on top and going to score and what does he do? Take off Martins then Geremi.

I'm not sure he will learn, but maybe giving up a good performance and a good lead against shit opposition will be enough ti finally get it through to him.

You'd hope so but I unfortunately can't see it. Amongst other things, some of his tactical maneuvers (especially subs) have cost us, and the average fan noticed that a long time ago. Maybe he seems something that we don't.

I get the impression he's sooner blame the dropped points on Saturday on them getting a slightly dodgy free-kick and there being too many injury time minutes (not that that matters since they scored in the second minute of it, and I think 2-3 minutes max of I/T was fair enough).

Ultimately I will be judging Kinnear on what he does in the transfer window, and basically what areas of the team he has deemed worthy of improvement.

In my opinion he could have done a lot worse thus far. I think it's a testament to the small improvement he has made that we are all so upset over a draw. Before he came in I honestly felt as though we would never win another game, no lie.

I think to some extent Joe is still learning about our players, particularly the likes of Martins and Zoggy who he wouldn't have known too much about. Unfortunately he is far more familiar with the likes of Duff and Viduka who I am hoping he will soon come to realise are completely past it.

The closing of the January transfer window will be his judgement day.

Will he even be able to decide on who he wants in though, I can't imagine he'll be able to sway many players with the 'join me, I'll be off in six months' argument. I would think most of our signings will be short term loan deals.

A bit worrying that the club seem to be looking at a load of left backs as well, they've been reading the papers too much.