Kinnear Out

oldtype

Guest Rey Mysterio

I've never ever hated a manaager more than him. He's just a clueless twat and is bringing shame on our great club. Ashley needs to swallow his pride and give him the boot. There SURELY must be a better manager out there than Kinnear cos he's totally wack.

Guest Geordiecunny

yep, lets sack him and get in..... oh, wait. He's two weeks into a contract- who worth getting would come to a club that would sack someone two weeks into a contract? We've got him till the end of the season- whatever your thoughts- you might as well just get behind him because it isn't going to change. Let's not give the team the kick in the teeth of another highly-publicised protest. Don't don your super-mong sam jacks t shirts just yet.

Guest magpies_rawk

yep, lets sack him and get in..... oh, wait. He's two weeks into a contract- who worth getting would come to a club that would sack someone two weeks into a contract? We've got him till the end of the season- whatever your thoughts- you might as well just get behind him because it isn't going to change. Let's not give the team the kick in the teeth of another highly-publicised protest. Don't don your super-mong sam jacks t shirts just yet.

One of the few posts here that makes sense. Agreed. While JFK can barely pass off as a decent PL manager, we won't do ourselves any good agitating for more instability at this stage.

One of the few posts here that makes sense. Agreed. While JFK can barely pass off as a decent PL manager, we won't do ourselves any good agitating for more instability at this stage.

While that's true, I would suggest if Joe's keen to spout off to the press about everything we are doing behind the scenes, the least he could do is turn up at the tv interviews which are paying his wages. Especially when he's the one who has cocked up a result through terrible decisions from squad selections to changes made during the actual match.

I have never been happy with his appointment from Day 1 but for a short-term period and the lack of alternatives, I could accept it.  Now he is here for the rest of the season, I am seriously worried.  I have been hugely irritated with his idiotic ramblings to the press and the way he keeps talking himself up when I think he has done (at best) a moderate job so far.  It seems as if the press have been happy to go along with that (maybe because of that press conference) but reading a few of today's reports, it looks like the press are cottoning on to the fact, that the stats are not as great as he would have you believe.

Apart from stopping Kinnear leaving for another job, I do not really see why a contract to the end of the season provides stability.  Why would a player want to join a club to play for a manager who will be gone as soon as the club is sold and why would they want to join a club in our current state anyway - especially the standard of player that is needed.  It is decision-making and leadership needed from Ashley, Llambias and co. that will provide the stability but the continued silence not only to the supporters but to their own staff and primarily the players is the most damaging.

I am not saying that I want him out because after all, what is the alternative but I have little faith in his ability to get us out of a relegation battle.

I wonder what nonsense he will come out with on Goals on Sunday in the morning. 

Alright, I've calmed down now so let's see what I can come up with that will actually make sense.

Joe Kinnear - He's been out of the game for four years and is clearly looking out of it tactically. I'm not quite sure why he moved Beye to a position that he's never played before in his life.

Clearly the obvious thing to do would be to bring Taylor on, and then just push Coloccini (who has experience in midfield) into a CDM role, maybe play with a sort of diamond formation with Jonas up top and Geremi and N'Zogbia on the wings.

Anyway, there's a  fuck load of possibilities that he had, and he took a fucking horrific one because he's clueless.

Bringing Cacapa on for our only player who actually looked any good in the second half in Geremi was just the icing on the cake.

But, I don't think the defensive minded approach was exactly what he wanted, because if you remember after the West Brom game he said we were too deep, so I don't think he would've made the same mistake twice.

Anyway, for those saying 'sack him' and stuff like that. I don't think that's actually a realistic possibility at the moment.

There's no-one on the market who would take the job for half a season, so at the moment we're stuck with Kinnear whether you like it or not.

So, instead of constantly bagging him, how about we get behind him and the team a little bit to help them out of the mess we're in?

So, instead of constantly bagging him, how about we get behind him and the team a little bit to help them out of the mess we're in?

Just words. He'll take us down, an eventuality that looked nailed on from the start and even moreso now. Fuck all we can do either way.

Just words. He'll take us down, an eventuality that looked nailed on from the start and even moreso now. Fuck all we can do either way.

I don't think he'll take us down.

There's still 22 games left in the season.

Just words. He'll take us down, an eventuality that looked nailed on from the start and even moreso now. f*** all we can do either way.

and I expect at least 20 to be tougher propositions than Stoke at home

Just words. He'll take us down, an eventuality that looked nailed on from the start and even moreso now. f*** all we can do either way.

What, you mean like Aston Villa at home?

The thing is, the league is so close and unpredictable this year that anyone can beat anyone really. With the exception of the big 4 of course.

Who could we get in that is better?

I ask your right now, what managers out there are worse than Joe Kinnear?

Lets assume for a moment that we're so unattractive that it would be impossible for us to attract any manager that's currently with a club. Lets look at the list of currently unemployed English managers:

Boothroyd? He's got potential at least.

Curbishley? Competent premiership level manager.

Pardew? At least he doesn't come with the f***ing annoying personality.

Thing is, as long as its nailed on that the gig is permanent and Ashley is staying for the time being, there are quite a few managers that willingly take over if only to get back to Premiership management again. And not a single one of them is a worse prospect than Joe Kinnear.

The only valid arguments for keeping Kinnear would be appeals to the inherent value of stability, and that it might negatively affect the players. As far as I'm concerned the ineptitude he's displayed so far and the embarrassing way he interacts with the media outweighs those.

The problem is not only his cluelessness, but the way this clueless appears to be actively going against the club. Most of his subs seem to be blatant sabotage if you ask me. No way I'm getting behind someone who is either a true cunt or an utter moron. He's been doing a very decent job for every opposing team since he got here.

I dont think he did anything wrong yesterday.

HE had to change things because of guthrie injury, but he had no midfielders to bring on, because of injurys, so he had to make a patched up team.

MOving beye into midfield rather than taylor was obvious choice imo, as taylor is a bit of a headless chicken, beye is better passer.

BRinging off martins was again to injury, so no fault there.

WE lost second half because the patched up midfield couldnt cope with fuller.  HE was too good for them.  SImple as.

THe fault yesterday was ashleys, for leaving us with too small a squad, not kinears.

I dont think he did anything wrong yesterday.

HE had to change things because of guthrie injury, but he had no midfielders to bring on, because of injurys, so he had to make a patched up team.

MOving beye into midfield rather than taylor was obvious choice imo, as taylor is a bit of a headless chicken, beye is better passer.

BRinging off martins was again to injury, so no fault there.

WE lost second half because the patched up midfield couldnt cope with fuller.  HE was too good for them.  SImple as.

THe fault yesterday was ashleys, for leaving us with too small a squad, not kinears.

moving coloccini into midfield was the obvious choice imo.....he's played there regularly for depor and it means the positiional changes are kept to a minimum with fewer players being played out of position.

Yes, sack another f***ing manager.

That'll f***ing achieve a lot.

Start blaming the players as well for f***s sake.

Yeah, I will blame the players for conceding two late goals yesterday because they stopped playing 2nd half and showed no committment, no character, - just feeling comfortable with defending a 2-0 lead half-heartedly which cost us dearly. Kinnear is a twat for sure but he can't be responsible for the players lack of commitment 2nd half. I feel sick. Shite teams at St. James' like Wigan and Stoke getting a free point, shocking tbh.

I think you have to stop at clueless. Why would be sabotage his own reputation?

Well exactly :lol: what the fuck is he playing at?! That's what we'd all like to know. As I said if we didn't know better...

Exactly - astonishing that some people are blinding themselves.

Look at the games we're not winning, then look at whats coming, with Owen on his way (understandably)

Thanks to Keegan and Ashley and now Joe, we are in dead water, just waiting for the drop.

It'll take determination and guts to get out of it now.

Both in short supply amongst the overpaid types we have playing for us.

What, you mean like Aston Villa at home?

The thing is, the league is so close and unpredictable this year that anyone can beat anyone really. With the exception of the big 4 of course.

Do YOU mean the game where Villa fans were astonished how gormless they played ?

During their worst period of the season ?

Good result, yes - but even I was amazed how they virtually handed us the game.

I don't think we'l go down but it will be mighty close!

We will have to stick with kinnear till the end of the season UNLESS we lose the next 6-8 games in a row, which is very unlikely in this league this season. Although i don't agree he is the weakest manager in the league (paul ince, zola). plus you got to think blackburn, wba, sunderland, stoke and maybe west ham aint exactly great either and the teams i expect us to be fighting against come may.

The club is in a mess we all know that, but we have to stick by it and support it as best we can because after all it is OUR club, nomatter how much its hurting us!

It has to be a priority players contracts are sorted sooner rather than later, or we face a mass exodus end of season. And we desprately need a left back and a solid experienced midfielder, areas we lack quality.

I don't think we'l go down but it will be mighty close!

We will have to stick with kinnear till the end of the season UNLESS we lose the next 6-8 games in a row, which is very unlikely in this league this season. Although i don't agree he is the weakest manager in the league (paul ince, zola). plus you got to think blackburn, wba, sunderland, stoke and maybe west ham aint exactly great either and the teams i expect us to be fighting against come may.

The club is in a mess we all know that, but we have to stick by it and support it as best we can because after all it is OUR club, nomatter how much its hurting us!

It has to be a priority players contracts are sorted sooner rather than later, or we face a mass exodus end of season. And we desprately need a left back and a solid experienced midfielder, areas we lack quality.

this, pretty much.  I can see us drawing the next 3 games.

Plus it's going to make us look like mongs if we sack yet another manager after a couple of games in charge.

Whereas we'll look like geniuses by getting relegated.

That's what I never get. When people go "we can't sack another manager, we'll look stupid", it comes up every time we fail with a manager.

I'd rather look like an idiot and be laughed at by the media and the rest of the country than support a team in the Championship.