Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I can confidently say he will go to Everton, get crocked a week before the season begins, come back, score 2, get injured again, get to just about ready to start again, break down in training, come back, score 3 and then knacker himself for the end of the season. So long Michael son. You've been s***.

You missed the part where we draw Everton in the cup and the little b****** scores a hat trick against us and rubs his grubby hands together again. :angry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8080443.stm

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has pleaded with the club to bring Newcastle striker Michael Owen back to Anfield. (Daily Express)

However, Merseyside rivals Everton are weighing up a move for the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker. (The Times)

But Owen would have to take a 50% pay cut if he joined the losing FA Cup finalists. (Daily Telegraph)

If I was Liverpool I'd tell Gerrard to shut up.

Guest Svenno

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8080443.stm

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has pleaded with the club to bring Newcastle striker Michael Owen back to Anfield. (Daily Express)

However, Merseyside rivals Everton are weighing up a move for the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker. (The Times)

But Owen would have to take a 50% pay cut if he joined the losing FA Cup finalists. (Daily Telegraph)

If I was Liverpool I'd tell Gerrard to shut up.

Rumours has it that Liverpool are considering offering Owen a pay as you play deal. Wouldn't cost much, would he? ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8081039.stm

Owen in career claim damages win

Newcastle and England football star Michael Owen has accepted a public apology and undisclosed damages over claims his football career was over.

The 29-year-old striker was not at London's High Court for the settlement of his libel action over a story in the Daily Express last month.

It followed claims he was verging on retirement because Premier League clubs no longer wanted to sign him.

Express Newspapers accepted that the allegations were false.

Owen's solicitor, John Kelly, told Mr Justice Eady that the newspaper falsely alleged Premier League clubs did not want to sign him and, as a result of a lack of interest, he was on the verge of retiring from professional football at the end of the season.

Mr Kelly said: "These incredulous allegations are entirely without foundation and were obviously extremely distressing, hurtful and damaging to the claimant."

Important game

Ian Helme, counsel for Express Newspapers, which has agreed to pay damages and Owen's legal costs, accepted that the allegations were unfounded and apologised for the distress, embarrassment and offence caused.

Mr Kelly said the back page article, entitled "Unwanted Toon striker at a cross roads, Finished at 29?", was accompanied by another headed "Owen ready for sad finale".

He said the player's distress was aggravated by the fact the article was published on the eve of an important game in which his club was fighting to avoid relegation.

He said the allegations were not put to Owen or his representatives before publication, or they would have been advised of their utter falsity.

After being contacted by the player's legal team, the article was replaced with one entitled "Owen: I'm not finished".

After the hearing, a spokesman for Owen said: "Michael is delighted to have won his case and to have set the record straight."

Guest toonlass

Newcastle and England football star Michael Owen has accepted a public apology and undisclosed damages over claims his football career was over.

The 29-year-old striker was not at London's High Court for the settlement of his libel action over a story in the Daily Express last month.

It followed claims he was verging on retirement because Premier League clubs no longer wanted to sign him.

Owen's solicitor, John Kelly, told Mr Justice Eady that the newspaper falsely alleged Premier League clubs did not want to sign him and, as a result of a lack of interest, he was on the verge of retiring from professional football at the end of the season.

Mr Kelly said: "These incredulous allegations are entirely without foundation and were obviously extremely distressing, hurtful and damaging to the claimant."

Important game

Ian Helme, counsel for Express Newspapers, which has agreed to pay damages and Owen's legal costs, accepted that the allegations were unfounded and apologised for the distress, embarrassment and offence caused.

Mr Kelly said the back page article, entitled "Unwanted Toon striker at a cross roads, Finished at 29?", was accompanied by another headed "Owen ready for sad finale".

He said the player's distress was aggravated by the fact the article was published on the eve of an important game in which his club was fighting to avoid relegation.

He said the allegations were not put to Owen or his representatives before publication, or they would have been advised of their utter falsity.

After being contacted by the player's legal team, the article was replaced with one entitled "Owen: I'm not finished".

After the hearing, a spokesman for Owen said: "Michael is delighted to have won his case and to have set the record straight."

Too right, his career ended on January 10th this year, not last month. Shame on the Express  :lol:

I can confidently say he will go to Everton, get crocked a week before the season begins, come back, score 2, get injured again, get to just about ready to start again, break down in training, come back, score 3 and then knacker himself for the end of the season. So long Michael son. You've been s***.

You missed the part where we draw Everton in the cup and the little b****** scores a hat trick against us and rubs his grubby hands together again. :angry:

I would run on the pictch and rub my hot pastie in his face.

Guest neesy111

Important game

Too right, his career ended on January 10th this year, not last month. Shame on the Express  :lol:

typical, got some money from this, probably was the only thing he wanted not the apology

FWIW, I Heard from someone close to the club that Owen was willing to stay and on less money if the club stayed up, so its not like he was only in it for the money.

Shearer would have kept him on, on alot less even in the Championship but Owen was unwilling to drop down because he's desperate to get his England place back and make the World Cup squad. He's apparently in talks with Everton and Villa and sees European football as his way to prove himself to Capello.

what a lucky b******* he is. He's been absolute dog turd almost of the season and still being linked with likes of Everton and Liverpool. Almost as lucky as Shola Ameobi becoming a professional footballer. Some people get all the luck.

what a lucky b******* he is. He's been absolute dog turd almost of the season and still being linked with likes of Everton and Liverpool. Almost as lucky as Shola Ameobi becoming a professional footballer. Some people get all the luck.

Apparently his agent was talking to Manchester United and Liverpool last summer but they were unwilling to take a chance on him and pay his wages at the time, on top of a fee.

Now he's on a free transfer he will get a good move and although his wages will drop, he'll make up for the shortfall with a signing on fee.

FWIW, I Heard from someone close to the club that Owen was willing to stay and on less money if the club stayed up, so its not like he was only in it for the money.

Shearer would have kept him on, on alot less even in the Championship but Owen was unwilling to drop down because he's desperate to get his England place back and make the World Cup squad. He's apparently in talks with Everton and Villa and sees European football as his way to prove himself to Capello.

One good thing came from our relegation then....

Getting his England spot back? haha. Wonder what the odds are on him never playin for England again?

One good thing came from our relegation then....

Getting his England spot back? haha. Wonder what the odds are on him never playin for England again?

He still thinks he'll make the World Cup squad and that's mainly why he hasn't contemplated retirement. He's desperate for Bobby Charlton's record.

From his point of view, he should be in the squad ahead of Carlton Cole and Agbonlohor and sees that spot alongside Rooney.

Guest wshmag

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I wouldn't even keep Owen if he was on 10% of the wages tbh. Pretty extreme i know, but the man has just been hassle from start to finish - and i've grown so disillusioned with the bloke that i'm just waiting for him to fuck off. I wish he'd already gone.

Guest Stephen927

Can't see Benetiz signing Owen. I don't think Gerrard even said he would like to see him at Liverpool, at least I haven't read the quotes where he has said that.

"I am a big fan of Michael, a good friend of his, and I would love to see him get a move away from Newcastle to a bigger club and put his England career back on track."

One of the best things is that we won't have to put up with the obsession of the lazy hacks who go on and on and on about him because they can''t be arsed to find out who else plays in the team. Like the times they were saying how we all loved him and we would be furious if he was dropped bla bla bla and that's just one example.

I really think looking back on his career, he's just not a team player, he hasn't been universally popular anywhere he has played, his demeanour is one of indifference and moodiness. Wherever he goes now he'll be the same as he was here, injured most of the time, and sulking because he's not playing if fit.

He's burnt out physically and I think he probably knows it. He'll be obsessed to get back to the England team, but he never will as long as Capello is in charge, even if by some miracle he scores a few goals. He probably knows that too, hence his long face for the last six months.

I can't see him doing much at Villa, unless O'Neill wants him to play with his pal Heskey, and how would he be used at Everton? One up front? Nah, can't see that working either.

One of the best things is that we won't have to put up with the obsession of the lazy hacks who go on and on and on about him because they can''t be arsed to find out who else plays in the team. Like the times they were saying how we all loved him and we would be furious if he was dropped bla bla bla and that's just one example.

I really think looking back on his career, he's just not a team player, he hasn't been universally popular anywhere he has played, his demeanour is one of indifference and moodiness. Wherever he goes now he'll be the same as he was here, injured most of the time, and sulking because he's not playing if fit.

He's burnt out physically and I think he probably knows it. He'll be obsessed to get back to the England team, but he never will as long as Capello is in charge, even if by some miracle he scores a few goals. He probably knows that too, hence his long face for the last six months.

I can't see him doing much at Villa, unless O'Neill wants him to play with his pal Heskey, and how would he be used at Everton? One up front? Nah, can't see that working either.

Aye, I certainly won't miss the daily bullshit about him leaving, him staying, his wages, his goal record, his England place, his injuries, his transfer fee, his horses, his fucking helicopter and the rest.

Less money for him would have been 90k a week !

Aye, I certainly won't miss the daily bullshit about him leaving, him staying, his wages, his goal record, his England place, his injuries, his transfer fee, his horses, his fucking helicopter and the rest.

Yep, it's stories about Shola & his collection of baseball caps from now on.