Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

:mackems:

Michael Owen: I Would Have Stayed With Kevin Keegan At Newcastle ...

Goal.com - ‎15 hours ago‎

Michael Owen has revealed that his tenure at Newcastle United would have extended beyond the end of the last disastrous season for the club, ..

http://news.google.co.uk/news/url?sa=t&ct2=uk%2F0_0_s_0_0_t&usg=AFQjCNESTKBXMhPHKtwQSI78qqaLCZiK-w&cid=1263923361&ei=Wn4_SvizNY6zsAaI-Jgc&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoal.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2F9%2Fengland%2F2009%2F06%2F21%2F1339012%2Fmichael-owen-i-would-have-stayed-with-kevin-keegan-at

There is one good thing about Keegan leaving then.

This Hull move is quite smart, look ambitious by making a half-arsed effort to sign a player they'd never afford, then sell that ambition to players so that they sign for Hull instead of Wolves.

What? 

Fairly certain selling the ambition of a club like you say only works when they sign the player.

Owen on SSN... Month left or week left on Toon deal he's not sure, ,,,,does not think he will be resigning for Newcastle.... no others news on that ......he wants top flight here or in another Country. Remains to see where he will go,..... home or abroad a lot of interest from both,.... he feels he belongs in the Prem.

ytry to show us respect not fair to talk about when he is still contracted to us but he cannot see himslef staying with us. blah blah blah

Guest Magpiecn

Owen on SSN... Month left or week left on Toon deal he's not sure, ,,,,does not think he will be resigning for Newcastle.... no others news on that ......he wants top flight here or in another Country. Remains to see where he will go,..... home or abroad a lot of interest from both,.... he feels he belongs in the Prem.

ytry to show us respect not fair to talk about when he is still contracted to us but he cannot see himslef staying with us. blah blah blah

No thanks.He should go to Katar.

Fair play to him, he said he won't talk about other clubs out of respect to Newcastle, while he's still under contract.

Can't argue with that, it shows a bit of integrity but surely he knows how much is left on his contact? He said he's got weeks or months left. 9 days it is actually. Fair play anyway.

Michael Owen has confirmed to Sky Sports News there is plenty of interest in his signature from both home and abroad.

The Newcastle striker has confirmed that he will not be remaining at St James' Park following their relegation to The Championship.

Owen admits that his preference would be to remain in England this summer when his contract at Newcastle expires, but he refused to rule out a fresh move to the continent.

The England international has already experienced life playing in Europe after spending a season with Real Madrid in 2004.

"It remains to be seen where I am going to go, there are plenty of clubs that would interest me, but we will see where that is, whether it is at home or abroad," he told Sky Sports News.

"There has been a lot of interest from abroad and quite a bit from home as well, but obviously the Premier League is where I feel I belong.

"I played a year out in Spain and enjoyed it at Real Madrid but that confirmed to me that I definitely prefer the Premier League, so if it was to be a good English club, that would be my preference, but I have had a lot of interest from abroad so I wouldn't rule that out.

"I am still contracted to Newcastle for a few weeks, so that is where I am at the minute. I don't think I am going to be re-signing at Newcastle, as one I don't think I am going to be offered a new contract and I want to play in the Premier League or a top division somewhere else."

Interest

Hull City are the latest side said to be ready to offer him a contract, but Owen admits he is not aware of the interest from The Tigers at this stage.

"I haven't been made aware of that, it is a new one - but I have been linked with virtually every team in last few weeks," he continued.

"I will sit down but I don't think it is fair to Newcastle at the moment. I had four enjoyable years there, and I am very sorry to leave them when they are going to be in the Championship so I wouldn't like to talk about specific clubs who I am going to join."

Owen admits it has been hard reading a lot of negative press about him over the past 12 months.

"There is a lot said and written about me in last few weeks and not many nice things, but that is life!" he said.

"I have got skin thicker than 99.9 per cent of the population. I get used to it - people write you off but when I scored a goal in the World Cup at 18, people were writing me off six months later. Then I was scoring a hat-trick in Germany and winning trophies with Liverpool and then they write you off again.

"Somebody will always criticise you no matter what, so if you let that affect you, I wouldn't be where I am today.

"Yes I prefer people to say nice things about me as it is not as if I have murdered someone, but you get more criticism as a footballer and you have to be thick skinned."

no, he distributes brochures instead. Coming out in the media and talking about clubs wouldn't do him any good anyway. Either a manager will want him or not

He didn't intend for that to get in the papers though to be fair.

Owen seemed annoyed about the criticism he's had for the brochure, from watching that interview.

I'd have liked to have seen him give us a year in The Championship on reduced wages but he feels he is a Premiership player and its a World Cup year, so there's no chance he's going to stay.

"I will sit down but I don't think it is fair to Newcastle at the moment. I had four enjoyable years there, and I am very sorry to leave them when they are going to be in the Championship so I wouldn't like to talk about specific clubs who I am going to join."

Fair play to him for that but where his 4 years really enjoyable? I don't think he seemed that happy here.

It might be a long shot but If he's that sorry to leave then he might consider staying? You never know. If Shearer is reading that interview he should call him.

Guest wshmag

just watched that interview on sky sports.

what a fucking poisonous little vile man that cunt is.

"i had 4 enjoyable years at newcastle. i'm sorry to leave them in the championship."

aye? really? why not have a fifth enjoyable season then with us? if you're that sad about leaving us in the championship, stay and get us back out of it.

lying little cunt.

and as for saying, "things have been wrote about me in the past few weeks - most of them not nice"... so fuck? grow a fucking spine. what do you want? some fucking sympathy? what about the millions you have raped from the club  and gave fucking nowt back to the club or fans you stupid fucking cretin?

fucking cancer is too good for piss-taking shit-houses like him.

hope the cunt is paralyzed for life in a helicopter crash.

fucking cunt.

Guest toonlass

just watched that interview on sky sports.

what a fucking poisonous little vile man that cunt is.

"i had 4 enjoyable years at newcastle. i'm sorry to leave them in the championship."

aye? really? why not have a fifth enjoyable season then with us? if you're that sad about leaving us in the championship, stay and get us back out of it.

lying little cunt.

and as for saying, "things have been wrote about me in the past few weeks - most of them not nice"... so fuck? grow a fucking spine. what do you want? some fucking sympathy? what about the millions you have raped from the club  and gave fucking nowt back to the club or fans you stupid fucking cretin?

fucking cancer is too good for piss-taking shit-houses like him.

hope the cunt is paralyzed for life in a helicopter crash.

fucking cunt.

Divvent sit on the fence there. Tell us how you really feel man.  O0

Michael Owen could be playing in the Premiership next year. If not, he'll be playing somewhere outside of England.

My word the news really is remarkable nowadays.

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8113312.stm

Owen confirms Newcastle departure

Really? Fuck me, didn't see that one coming. Must be dead difficult to be a journalist coming up with scoops like that.

Guest habibbeye

No chance of Shearer offering Owen a new contract - trust me. Only wants to keep 4 players for definite and 2 maybes - rest can go.

Guest wshmag

No chance of Shearer offering Owen a new contract - trust me.

aye.

might have something to do with shearer not being manager