Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

'I hope he finds a good club soon,' I said to his family. 'So do we!' they replied in unison.

And so should we all. Michael Owen is one of the good guys and remains, at 30 years old, a very, very good player.

He had a football club, and he royally f***ed it up.

He could have been a star here had he not cared about his International career so much, had he showed a bit of passion and commitment for Newcastle.

People say he's finished as a striker, and it is true he's not like he used to be, but I can't help but think that if he really wanted it, he could have still done a job for us after he broke his foot in '06.

Fact is, he's a worthless, money grabbing waster who couldn't give two f***s about anyone but his bank manager.

Guest neesy111

it just drags on this endless saga about this little piece of shit, i honestly hope he goes and breaks his leg's as soon as he leaves this club

Guest The Libertine

by all accounts (except up here) owen is a very decent person. you'll be hard pressed to find anyone (again, except up here) who dislikes him off the pitch.

as an aside, owen gets a lot of bile about his contract but that isnt his fault at all. blame the prick who gave him it.

I agree about him waiting until August 1st to sign for someone else. The excuse now is he's "waiting to hear from Aston Villa before he makes up his mind about joining Everton". I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

Don't take any notice of Piers Morgan, he's the man who said he was thinking of stopping supporting Arsenal because they hadn't won anything for FOUR years. Try forty arsehole.

Guest Stephen927

As soon as Michael Owen recieves an offer he thinks is good enough, from a club he thinks he is good enough then he'll be off. He won't fanny on here waiting for a couple extra thousand when he could be away with his new club. He won't wait, as any potential club will want him signing there and then, otherwise they might just start looking at other players.

by all accounts (except up here) owen is a very decent person. you'll be hard pressed to find anyone (again, except up here) who dislikes him off the pitch.

as an aside, owen gets a lot of bile about his contract but that isnt his fault at all. blame the prick who gave him it.

Alot of Liverpool fans think he's a little shit.

Alot of Liverpool fans think he's a little s***.

I know. How dare a player want to leave a club as historic as that to try his hand with Real Madrid.

I know. How dare a player want to leave a club as historic as that to try his hand with Real Madrid.

I think it's the way he did it that pisses them off.

Yup. It's more the manner of his departure than the very fact of it. He basically promised and promised to re-sign until the day he fucked off to Madrid. You're all familiar with Owen's vapid platitudes.

No fucking way he's gonna sign a new contract in time with another club just to rape our finances a bit more...what an unprofessional cunt! Same goes for Viduka and Cacapa as well but it's all our fault in the end(or Shepherds)

Yup. It's more the manner of his departure than the very fact of it. He basically promised and promised to re-sign until the day he f***ed off to Madrid. You're all familiar with Owen's vapid platitudes.

How dare he, eh? Still has a year left of his contract in which to re-sign, and then the biggest club of them all makes the club and player a very good offer. Terrible.

No f***ing way he's gonna sign a new contract in time with another club just to rape our finances a bit more...what an unprofessional c***! Same goes for Viduka and Cacapa as well but it's all our fault in the end(or Shepherds)

Shepherd had nowt to do with Cacapa to be fair

Owen, Viduka & Cacapa will all find new clubs on lower wages but they all know if they don't sign for another month that they will get their current wage covered by us for another month. Let's see what they do eh? Will they have the brass neck to wait until the end of July?

Guest northwestmag1892

Disagree entirely with that first paragraph.  A number of my mates are Liverpool fans including one that knows his wife Louise's Dad well. When he was at LFC he amongst the rest of the team were sponsored by Jaguar. He used to get a brand new Jag each year free and sell his year old one to his now father-in-law at top book price. There is rather a dim view of Michael Owen outside of the North East.

Disagree entirely with that first paragraph.  A number of my mates are Liverpool fans including one that knows his wife Louise's Dad well. When he was at LFC he amongst the rest of the team were sponsored by Jaguar. He used to get a brand new Jag each year free and sell his year old one to his now father-in-law at top book price. There is rather a dim view of Michael Owen outside of the North East.

There's a rather dim view of Owen in the North East too tbf

Guest northwestmag1892

Agreed and that was my point to the one made ("except up here").

Guest ObaStar

top book = cheap? or expensive?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1196112/Greeks-bearing-gifts-Owen-Olympiakos-ready-offer-huge-wages-Newcastle-striker.html?ITO=1490

Greeks bearing gifts for Owen as Olympiakos ready to offer huge wages to Newcastle striker

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:30 PM on 28th June 2009

* Comments (0)

* Add to My Stories

Olympiakos have launched an audacious attempt to sign Michael Owen.

The Greek club are offering Owen Champions League football and a bumper wage packet to quit the Premier League and resurrect his career in Athens ahead of next year's World Cup.

Having already signed Blackburn striker Matt Derbyshire and former Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg from Juventus, Olympiakos believe they will beat the wages on offer to Owen in England.

Hull and Stoke have both expressed an interest in signing him, but Everton could be his best option if they follow up their initial round of talks.

Guest northwestmag1892

top book = cheap? or expensive?

Top book means at the top of the range of price, so expensive.