Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Ferguson has an ego the size of South America. He'll probably think there's a chance that working with him every day will bring out the Owen of 5 years ago, a very dangerous striker

Capello will keep his reasons for not selecting Owen away from the media hype.  But he's said that it's all about fitness and form.

How any striker of Owen's nature could show any form in our team is beyond questionable.  Certainly didn't maintain a solid level of fitness either.

Ferguson has an ego the size of South America. He'll probably think there's a chance that working with him every day will bring out the Owen of 5 years ago, a very dangerous striker

and with good cause.

Wouldn't expect Owen to recapture 5 years ago, but definitely if he maintains some vein of fitness score a few goals.

it's something that the media has always overlooked, Post-1998 he's let England down badly in the tournaments

I honestly don't know how he does it, his reputation is an absolute sham

Must have missed his goal against Brazil in the World Cup Quarter Final in 2002 did you?

I wish him every success in the world and i do not blame him one bit for what happened in his 4 years with us. He still had a good goals to games record for us and at times last season worked his stots off and was far and away our best player in some games while being constantly starved of service by our s*** awful midfield.

why are you bringing that up? One goal doesn't change the fact that he let us down. His record post-1998 is 4 goals in 16 games in the tournaments, pathetic

How is 8 goals in 28 games a good goals to games record btw? Seriously

When has he ever let us or England down??

Would Shearer, RVN, Andy Cole, Marco van Basten etc etc have scored goals for us last season given the s*** service from our crap midfield?? I think Not!

Is this a wind up? It's working.

Fair play to him managing to get a deal there. Still won't respect his complete lack of effort for us though.

PS: He'll be back in the England squad straight away even if he barely plays. :rolleyes:

Clearly not a wind up.

He's pointing out how weak our creative department was last year.

Would you say he worked his socks off and was the best player in the team for most games? Would you also put him on the same level as Van Basten or Shearer?

Clearly not a wind up.

Would you say he worked his socks off and was the best player in the team for most games? Would you also put him on the same level as Van Basten or Shearer?

Yes, Yes and yes.

There's a reason that none of the top clubs in europe have players as limited as Owen in their team lads

Inzaghi and Raul?

Raul!?!?

Inzaghi perhaps, but Raul!?

And its hardly like pipo is a stallwart.

There's a reason that none of the top clubs in europe have players as limited as Owen in their team lads

Inzaghi and Raul?

Raul!?!?

Raul gets into the team via pure reputation, whenever seen him play for Real i can see the comparison, doesnt do alot but poach odd goal.

Inzaghi and Raul?

Raul!?!?

Raul gets into the team via pure reputation, whenever seen him play for Real i can see the comparison, doesnt do alot but poach odd goal.

I'm not so sure Raul should be in the Real team anymore / for much longer, he is there because he is a fan favourite (for good reason of course). But either way, he isn't a moocher like Pippo/Owen/Ruud. That may just be the only way his legs can take it nowadays, I dunno  :undecided:

18 Raul Real Madrid  Spain

Scored 18 goals last season, is that bad?

Well Owen scored 8 was it?  In a team that was relegated and created 3 times less chances at the very least.

I think Fergie would have outbid Liverpools £3million offer for Shearer they made when Bobby was here if we'd let him go.

Fergie has always loved his strikers and I think Owen will at the very least score more for Man U than Berbatov will.

He'll probably score a boat load for them tho :tickedoff:

As for Owen I don't blame him for the wages he's received from us - no one in their right mind would have told Fat Fred to cut it to £50K a week.

His big crime for me is his role as so called club captain when (as Dave has rightly pointed out) he should have issued some statement to the fans after relegation.

A ludicrous decision to sign him was followed by an ever stupider decision to make this guy club captain.

Clearly not a wind up.

The same creative department that allowed a Danish journeyman to outscore our supposed superstar?

Owen is washed up as a player and a pathetic weasel of a man.

But most importantly, he's gone. Fuck off Michael. And if God is kind, Vidic will break both of your legs in the first training session.

Clearly not a wind up.

Yes, Yes and yes.

You have got to be fucking kidding. On all three counts. Stop taking the piss mate

Clearly not a wind up.

The same creative department that allowed a Danish journeyman to outscore our supposed superstar?

Owen is washed up as a player and a pathetic weasel of a man.

But most importantly, he's gone. Fuck off Michael. And if God is kind, Vidic will break both of your legs in the first training session.

So bitter :****(