Fantastic news!

Dave

Guest Stephen927
"I won't go into those details now, but we will be offering him what we consider an excellent contract considering the climate of what is happening around all football clubs."

That to me suggests we're asking him to take a paycut.

What a f***ing joke.

You've been going on for ages that it should be down to the manager, now that they are leaving it to him to decide who he wants to stay you're moaning about that.

I think he's moaning about Kinnear's choice of who to keep if anything.

What a f***ing joke.

You've been going on for ages that it should be down to the manager, now that they are leaving it to him to decide who he wants to stay you're moaning about that.

What? Everyone? Thats not a choice, thats sensible given the squad size.

What a f***ing joke.

What? Everyone? Thats not a choice, thats sensible given the squad size.

No, seemingly he's not offering new contracts to Cacapa, Edgar or Viduka.

What a fucking joke.

Kinnear is clueless though. If Kevin Keegan wanted to keep these shite players I'd think it a joke too.

Fairly straightforward tbh.

PS - are they leaving it to him to decide or are they telling him there's no money to spend on new players? ;)

What a fucking joke.

Kinnear is clueless though. If Kevin Keegan wanted to keep these shite players I'd think it a joke too.

PS - are they leaving it to him to decide or are they telling him there's no money to spend on new players? ;)

Judging from his comments and with no mention of Cacapa or Edgar I'd say they're leaving it to him.

What a fucking joke.

Judging from his comments and with no mention of Cacapa or Edgar I'd say they're leaving it to him.

Well that would be progress, I suppose. :razz:

Like I said, I'd not be happy about this regardless of the manager, because I think Shola and Butt are crap.

Not to mention Duff and Smith too.

Easy now. I'm sure not even Joe Kinnear is that stupid.

You just KNOW he is though, you just know that fucking idiot will be hailing the return as Smith and once again we will see him week in week out

The genius recruitment team can't find better midfielders than a 35 year old nicky butt? I'm so glad to have them at our club.

That's nonsense. Complete nonsense. Your blaming the recruitment team for the manager offering a contract to player that is already at the club and has been there since before they arrived??

Given the situation we find ourselves in and just how difficult it will be for us to recruit new players - whatever the money available - I don't have a problem with making an attempt to hang onto the majority of the players we've already got. Something is better than nothing and given that we need to do this now rather than take the risk of waiting until after January and potentially being left with an even smaller squad than we've already got, I think that this is a sensible course of action. People moan about the likes of Shola, but the fact is we've needed him on occasion this season, the same applies to Butt - probably more so - and the others. I'm not sure what people want to happen, given the reality of the situation.

The genius recruitment team can't find better midfielders than a 35 year old nicky butt? I'm so glad to have them at our club.

That's nonsense. Complete nonsense. Your blaming the recruitment team for the manager offering a contract to player that is already at the club and has been there since before they arrived??

He is blaming them for not being able to find a midfielder good enough to replace Butt. As they havent we are now in the position where we have to renew his contract.