The Wise/Jimenez/Vetere AND KEVIN KEEGAN appreciation thread

oldtype

I fully expect you to reel up something I've posted in the past on this btw like you usually do.

Like you were going to do yesterday about Ferdinand?

I know when someone's trying to lead me down the garden path, tooj. :razz:

I wasn't actually. Wasn't aware that you were aware of the Ferdinand rumours around that time.  :pow:

I seem to remember me telling you them in the first place. :lol:

I fully expect you to reel up something I've posted in the past on this btw like you usually do.

I wasn't actually. Wasn't aware that you were aware of the Ferdinand rumours around that time.  :pow:

Was it? :lol:

My memory is shite man, but fair enough I really cannot remember.

I agree with the majority of this thread. We have some cracking players but not enough back up i.e. squad

This tells me that the scouting set up works but the money is not forthcoming to take us further. My main sticking point is the fact that we didn't invest the 12m we got from villa (milner hasn't pulled up many trees from what I hear).

We should not have waited until now to get a left back and a creative midfielder, this is Llambias or Ashley not wise, vetre jimenez and co...

Was it? :lol:

My memory is shite man, but fair enough I really cannot remember.

I just put that down to the weed.

Can I just say btw that the Bassong transfer is exactly how the system should have worked, scouts go out and identify a player, inform the manager they've secured a trial for him, the manager then looks at him during the trial period and then has the final say on this. That's how it should have been.

A question: what if Keegan say "No"?

Can I just say btw that the Bassong transfer is exactly how the system should have worked, scouts go out and identify a player, inform the manager they've secured a trial for him, the manager then looks at him during the trial period and then has the final say on this. That's how it should have been.

A question: what if Keegan say "No"?

Then you have to back what the manager feels at the end of the day. Which is why it appears there was some form of communication breakdown and things went tits up, to put things techincally.

Good thread.  :thup:

While I appreciate some might believe they have genuine reasons for disliking Wise and co, some of the abuse aimed at them over the past few months has been a disgrace.

Good thread.  :thup:

While I appreciate some might believe they have genuine reasons for disliking Wise and co, some of the abuse aimed at them over the past few months has been a disgrace.

it's the way of the world these days. the way that sees a team get booed when they go top of the league,the way nothing is good,it's only excellent or shite,the way everyone will jump on a story and make up their tiny little tabloid fuelled minds with no evidence just prejudice to guide them

Said from day one Wise is not to blame.

So that's obviously why Keegan by the end couldn't stand his guts?

You know that for a fact do you?

Louise Taylor told us or summat

Once again your maturity holds no bounds.

My responses are as good as the posts I've replied to

Once again, showing real maturity in your posts.

Guest Howaythetoon

If as HTT said, it doesn't matter, Keegan is purely a motivator and not interested in the other facets of the job (pretty astounding thing for him to say considering his pro Keegan stance, but would point towards why Keegan was never a world class manager), then that adds even more weight to the arguement for having those safeguards put in place.

I was being sarcastic. Nice to see your name posting again by the way.

If as HTT said, it doesn't matter, Keegan is purely a motivator and not interested in the other facets of the job (pretty astounding thing for him to say considering his pro Keegan stance, but would point towards why Keegan was never a world class manager), then that adds even more weight to the arguement for having those safeguards put in place.

I was being sarcastic. Nice to see your name posting again by the way.

Ah sorry about that, thought it was a bit odd when my sarchasm detector failed to fire. Should have know better than to try and twist it into one one of my arguements really. O0

/you know me, always turn up when there are scapegoats to defend. :pow:

Once again, showing real maturity in your posts.

My alter ego apologizes for the low standard of debate, but to tell the truth, I've given my serious opinion on this matter before countless times, and I may have been a little "immature" purely out of boredom.

Still doesn't mean I'd have Keegan back :D