Spartans

Guest Chris P

Apparantly the police have okayed the game to go ahead at Croft park.

52,000 would set them up for years to come, 4000 plus potential TV money wouldn't go as far.

It would be a disgrace if Blyth drew 52,000 for a 3rd round game against Blackburn, cause Newcastle certainly wouldnt.

52,000 would set them up for years to come, 4000 plus potential TV money wouldn't go as far.

It would be a disgrace if Blyth drew 52,000 for a 3rd round game against Blackburn, cause Newcastle certainly wouldnt.

Blackburn's players would be intimidated by that sort of attendance :nods:

As sad as it is, they'd be better off taking the money tbh.

Agreed, it would set them up for years.  I think they would play above themselves anyway but playing at St James' would give them a massive lift as anybody who watched them against Wrexham will know.

No way the Blackburn game should be played at SJP. Any chance Blyth would have would be lost in playing infront of 20k if they were lucky - no way there'd be a full house. Best chance Blyth have got of turning Blackburn over (and it's a small chance) is to play them at Croft Park.

No way the Blackburn game should be played at SJP. Any chance Blyth would have would be lost in playing infront of 20k if they were lucky - no way there'd be a full house. Best chance Blyth have got of turning Blackburn over (and it's a small chance) is to play them at Croft Park.

Disagree, 50k imo

I think they would get close to filling the ground, why do you think they'd only get 20,000?

I think they would get close to filling the ground, why do you think they'd only get 20,000?

Because it's not 1978. Football fans are a lot more fickle these days. Besides - it's what the FA Cup is all about. Playing a Premiership side on your home turf. Why change it just to try and make a few extra quid?

This is a game that will capture the imagination of the public ,play at st james or at Croft park .Imho they have more chance at Croft as this will be a massive culture shock to Blackburn and Blyth will have a much better chance on home soil,and i will give you a bit of information about a game many years ago and i quote "  The replay at St James' Park drew an astonishing crowd of 42,000 with an estimated 10,000 more locked out. Blyth lost 2-1 but their players had assured themselves of a place in history and journeys of horror for those who follow in their steps.

Because it's not 1978. Football fans are a lot more fickle these days. Besides - it's what the FA Cup is all about. Playing a Premiership side on your home turf. Why change it just to try and make a few extra quid?

Football fans being fickle is why they'd probably fill the ground.  I think the FA Cup is one competition that Blyth will not win, massive gate receipts will be the only way they can come out as winners in any way. 

Did they not spend the money last time on Croft Park?

This is a game that will capture the imagination of the public ,play at st james or at Croft park .Imho they have more chance at Croft as this will be a massive culture shock to Blackburn and Blyth will have a much better chance on home soil,and i will give you a bit of information about a game many years ago and i quote "  The replay at St James' Park drew an astonishing crowd of 42,000 with an estimated 10,000 more locked out. Blyth lost 2-1 but their players had assured themselves of a place in history and journeys of horror for those who follow in their steps.

Didn't Wrexham take a corner 3 times before they scored?  I think they were very unlucky that night and they were given a massive lift by the crowd.

Not sure, but I think they built the small stand with seats in, from the proceeds of the '78 run. Blyth should be allowed to enjoy their day in the sun and play at home. They've probably already made over £100-£150k from the cup run, with more to come. No sense in being greedy and losing any chance you have of beating Blackburn.