Spartans

Guest Chris P

Not sure, but I think they built the small stand with seats in, from the proceeds of the '78 run. Blyth should be allowed to enjoy their day in the sun and play at home. They've probably already made over £100-£150k from the cup run, with more to come. No sense in being greedy and losing any chance you have of beating Blackburn.

I agree that they should be able to play where they want to play it but that includes playing at our ground.  Where would you want to play if you were a Blyth player?  I know if it was me I'd go for a once in a life time game at our place if I played for them and had the choice rather than at the ground where they play every couple of weeks.  That money you mentioned would be dwarfed by playing at ours and charging £10 to get in as they'd gross over £500,000. 

I'd sooner want to have a chance at winning the game, if I'm honest. Play at St James, and any chance is lost. In the event(!) that they actually beat Blackburn, it'd be something to look at if they got another home draw. This one should be played at Croft Park though.

Blyth Spartans 1-0 Bournemouth 

Blyth substitute Jed Dalton scored an 89th-minute winner to set up a dream FA Cup third round tie against Premier League strugglers Blackburn.

Come on!! Was down the pub for the result, 90th minute as well. Keefaz was  delighted btw ;)

Blyth Spartans 1-0 Bournemouth 

Blyth substitute Jed Dalton scored an 89th-minute winner to set up a dream FA Cup third round tie against Premier League strugglers Blackburn.

Come on!! Was down the pub for the result, 90th minute as well. Keefaz was  delighted btw ;)

i'll bet you were.

getting a bit blaze now keefaz

a wild guess that is probably correct I would say  bluelaugh.gif

It's not like you to be wrong about anything, is it?

Anyway, this is about Blyth, have you got anything to say on the matter?

I'm pleased they won.

Am I right again then ?  bluelaugh.gif

No way the Blackburn game should be played at SJP. Any chance Blyth would have would be lost in playing infront of 20k if they were lucky - no way there'd be a full house. Best chance Blyth have got of turning Blackburn over (and it's a small chance) is to play them at Croft Park.

I agree. In that awful thing Setanta do when they interview the managers on the touchline, they asked Harry Dunn the Blyth boss, what was going wrong with his team in the first half and he said that they were freezing because of the big stage and the attendence etc.

If they struggle to keep composure in front of 4,200, they'd not even get on the fucking pitch infront of 52,000 :lol:

WOnder if the management at sjp will have the sense to offer them the loan of the ground?

BIg gamble for the chairman, but go for the cash imo.    Cash is king in this economic climate, and the revenue could go along way to getting them league promotion!

Even a bad BBrovers side, wont get beaten by spartans., regardless of where its played.