The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

There's no difference to finishing 4th and missing out on Champions League due to unexpected European results, to finishing 6th and missing Europa League. It's tough shit basically.

a shit rule relating to 2 competitions is still a shit rule

There's no difference to finishing 4th and missing out on Champions League due to unexpected European results, to finishing 6th and missing Europa League. It's tough s*** basically.

a s*** rule relating to 2 competitions is still a s*** rule

It's not a shit rule though. You know at the beginning that there's 4 places for the Champions League and 3 places for Europa League. You know the criteria for getting in to both from day one of the season.

yeah, yeah. It´s funny that it went shit for Spurs and it though to see Chelsea celebrate. BUT I think the result was the best thing that could happened for us! Spurs misses CL with all the money and probably get it a lot tougher to keep and get players. And now that Abramovich has won the CL he all the years has wanted to maybe he won´t spend as much money in the future.

And hey. It was damn exiting in the end.

There's no difference to finishing 4th and missing out on Champions League due to unexpected European results, to finishing 6th and missing Europa League. It's tough s*** basically.

a s*** rule relating to 2 competitions is still a s*** rule

It's not a shit rule though. You know at the beginning that there's 4 places for the Champions League and 3 places for Europa League. You know the criteria for getting in to both from day one of the season.

ok then, it's not a shit rule

And it would be even shitter if UEFA took a European place off a country with a lower co-efficient because of it.

so it is s***? :lol:

No, I'm saying what would be shit would be UEFA giving us 5 places and taking a place from another country.

Why not just reserve a CL spot for the winners every year? Seems the simplest way around it.

Personally think they should have the Europa League winners in there as well.

That still means a team who would ordinarily qualify would miss out though.

And it would be even shitter if UEFA took a European place off a country with a lower co-efficient because of it.

No, I'm saying what would be shit would be UEFA giving us 5 places and taking a place from another country.

same logic: if everyone knew the rules at the start then it's not shit

Why not just reserve a CL spot for the winners every year? Seems the simplest way around it.

Personally think they should have the Europa League winners in there as well.

That still means a team who would ordinarily qualify would miss out though.

That's true. I'm probably able to say these things because I'm not a fan from one of the country's that would be affected.

Think it would make both cups better if the Europa League winners were in it though.

No, I'm saying what would be s*** would be UEFA giving us 5 places and taking a place from another country.

same logic: if everyone knew the rules at the start then it's not s***

So basically.

Shit A - Champions don't qualify, top 4 get the places.

Shit B - Champions qualify, 4 teams from same country qualify, 4th place misses out.

Shit C - Champions qualify, top 4 still all allowed in, another country misses out.

They can't all be shit rules man and Shit B is by far the least shittiest out of the three. :lol:

No, I'm saying what would be s*** would be UEFA giving us 5 places and taking a place from another country.

same logic: if everyone knew the rules at the start then it's not s***

So basically.

s*** A - Champions don't qualify, top 4 get the places.

s*** B - Champions qualify, 4 teams from same country qualify, 4th place misses out.

s*** C - Champions qualify, top 4 still all allowed in, another country misses out.

They can't all be s*** rules man and s*** B is by far the least shittiest out of the three. :lol:

or add an extra preliminary knockout game at the start of the tournament. not like footballing governing bodies to not have a clue on the simple way to do things. whenever i think of FIFA,UEFA,FA I immediatly think of Laputa.

or add an extra preliminary knockout game at the start of the tournament. not like footballing governing bodies to not have a clue on the simple way to do things. whenever i think of FIFA,UEFA,FA I immediatly think of Laputa.

correct, like there's only 3 options

sure spurs fans, players and all associated with them feel pretty fucking penalised now - it's all as arbitrary as fuck

incidentally it's now happened with liverpool & chelsea...has it happened elsewhere in the european leagues?

Here's an idea...entry to the Champions League should be the restricted to the best two clubs in each UEFA country - defined in terms of league or domestic cup win. Another 4 or 5 teams from each league should go into a different knock-out tournament. You could call it the UEFA Cup.

Here's an idea...entry to the Champions League should be the restricted to the best two clubs in each UEFA country - defined in terms of league or domestic cup win. Another 4 or 5 teams from each league should go into a different knock-out tournament. You could call it the UEFA Cup.

alternativly, scrap the europa and top 5 from each go into the euro competition, no seeding, knockout from the start.

4 months ago everyone was saying how Spurs could win the league, and that Ol Harry was a dead certainty for the England job. Now Hodgson has the England job and Spurs have to settle for the Europa league. :lol:

Yes there is. 5th is the only league position that is meant to go to the Europa league. The other 2 are for the cup competitions. 6th in the league is not a European spot whilst 4th is a CL spot.