The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Guest Realist

While this is funny and I'm enjoying the thought of Harry being sick, we could easily be in their situation this time next season.

But we're going to finish 3rd? 

While this is funny and I'm enjoying the thought of Harry being sick, we could easily be in their situation this time next season.

you think an english team is going to win the champs league and finish outside the top 4 again ?

Guest je85

4 months ago everyone Harry was saying how Spurs could win the league, and that Ol Harry was a dead certainty for the England job. Now Hodgson has the England job and Spurs have to settle for the Europa league. :lol:

you think an english team is going to win the champs league and finish outside the top 4 again ?

look at my post above

look at my post above

oh i see......shouldn't we be in that situation now then ?

There's no difference to finishing 4th and missing out on Champions League due to unexpected European results, to finishing 6th and missing Europa League. It's tough s*** basically.

a s*** rule relating to 2 competitions is still a s*** rule

It's not a shit rule though. You know at the beginning that there's 4 places for the Champions League and 3 places for Europa League. You know the criteria for getting in to both from day one of the season.

Eh? There's only one league place for the Europa League. It's completely different.

look at my post above

oh i see......shouldn't we be in that situation now then ?

We're more likely to be there next season, footballers careers are finite.

Also, we've done better than expected this season, it'll be easier to 'under achieve' next season and that's when we'll be likely to lose players.

The extra 2 Europa places are awarded through FA competitions, everyone in English football has the right clinch one of those spots, and it's generally known a couple of months before the season finishes how many league places will be offered entry.

As it stood Spurs could do literally nothing at all to prevent their CL place been taken from them as they weren't in the CL this year. There's also the daft scenario that Chelsea COULD win it again next year and finish outside of the top 4 again.

Guest Phil K

Whatever, I mean the mass player exodus due to no champions league.

Surprised at the press and media mentioning it actually.

Thought they only say this kind of thing against US.

They must be REALLY confused.

Whatever, I mean the mass player exodus due to no champions league.

Surprised at the press and media mentioning it actually.

Thought they only say this kind of thing against US.

They must be REALLY confused.

always the victims eh?

Here's an idea...entry to the Champions League should be the restricted to the best two clubs in each UEFA country - defined in terms of league or domestic cup win. Another 4 or 5 teams from each league should go into a different knock-out tournament. You could call it the UEFA Cup.

alternativly, scrap the europa and top 5 from each go into the euro competition, no seeding, knockout from the start.

But Chelsea finished 6th, would they qualify?  :frantic:

Here's a crazy idea, the CHAMPIONS from every league in Europe go into the CHAMPIONS league, the cup winners from every league go into the Cup Winners Cup, and we automatically become the only English team to participate in the Uefa Cup to give us a chance of winning a trophy in my lifetime :)

it's so bad now they'd be better off merging the two of them into one competition and playing it over 3 night a week...boil it all down to one game for the absolute champions of europe

can't see how they'd fail to make less money, you'd just ensure the bigger TV draw teams were always spread out over the 3 nights

licence to print money tbh

There's no difference to finishing 4th and missing out on Champions League due to unexpected European results, to finishing 6th and missing Europa League. It's tough s*** basically.

a s*** rule relating to 2 competitions is still a s*** rule

It's not a s*** rule though. You know at the beginning that there's 4 places for the Champions League and 3 places for Europa League. You know the criteria for getting in to both from day one of the season.

Eh? There's only one league place for the Europa League. It's completely different.

And there's only 4 places for the Champions League, doesn't state that 4th place automatically gets it but you assume that the winner comes from that 4...which happens most of the time as well with at least one of the cups so finishing 6th is 95% of the time a safe assumption that you'll be in Europe.

Guest Phil K

always the victims eh?

If you want to pretent it doesn't happen, thats fine, and your business.

And there's only 4 places for the Champions League, doesn't state that 4th place automatically gets it but you assume that the winner comes from that 4...which happens most of the time as well with at least one of the cups so finishing 6th is 95% of the time a safe assumption that you'll be in Europe.

Still believe it's a bit daft calling it "Champions League" and three quarters of the teams in it AREN'T.

always the victims eh?

your post was about a mass player exodus, you haven't got any fucking players anyone wants :lol:  our players have been linked away more than yours this season tbh

oh yeah sorry so there's skrtel rumours & suarez i suppose...not sure what you're getting at though implying noone bothers spurs, last summer was essentially little more than a media campaign to get modric out of spurs iirc

Guest Phil K

always the victims eh?

your post was about a mass player exodus, you haven't got any f***ing players anyone wants :lol:  our players have been linked away more than yours this season tbh

oh yeah sorry so there's skrtel rumours & suarez i suppose...not sure what you're getting at though implying noone bothers spurs, last summer was essentially little more than a media campaign to get modric out of spurs iirc

Don't mean to sound nasty, but what the hell are you on about ? (truly baffled)  ???

I'm referring to how the press has gloried in NUFC's plight over the years past (though they've refrained in the past 18 months or so, to be honest)

And now I wonder if they'll turn on Spuds with equal relish.

Nothing about Liverpool at all.....(Why Liverpool ?)  :fool:

always the victims eh?

your post was about a mass player exodus, you haven't got any f***ing players anyone wants :lol:  our players have been linked away more than yours this season tbh

Don't mean to sound nasty, but what the hell are you on about ? (baffled)

I'm referring to how the press has gloried in NUFC's plight over the years past

And now I wonder if they'll turn on Spuds with equal relish.

Nothing about Liverpool at all.....(Why Liverpool ?)

thought you were a liverpool fan :lol:

well, this is embarrassing

Guest Phil K

thought you were a liverpool fan :lol:

well, this is embarrassing

Ah, it's OK - Ive been accused of worse !  O0 ;D

Still believe it's a bit daft calling it "Champions League" and three quarters of the teams in it AREN'T.

Really? What an interesting observation.