The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

I think the biggest problem with Sherwood was his inability to have his players playing well against stronger opposition.

True, but if you're going to try to implement a philosophy of imposing your game on the opposition and not worry about nullifying them, that'll happen, especially in the early days.

Oh absolutely, I don't think Sherwood is a terrible manager, I just think he's a bit naive tactically tbh. Think he needs more experience and Spurs isn't the right place for it as they're not nice to their managers. Do think Pochettino is an excellent appointment. He did well in Espanyol and a very good job with Southampton who played above their level.

Basically agree. I'm not fully sold on Pochettino but he's done a very good job at Soton, no doubt.

I think the biggest problem with Sherwood was his inability to have his players playing well against stronger opposition.

True, but if you're going to try to implement a philosophy of imposing your game on the opposition and not worry about nullifying them, that'll happen, especially in the early days.

Oh absolutely, I don't think Sherwood is a terrible manager, I just think he's a bit naive tactically tbh. Think he needs more experience and Spurs isn't the right place for it as they're not nice to their managers. Do think Pochettino is an excellent appointment. He did well in Espanyol and a very good job with Southampton who played above their level.

Basically agree. I'm not fully sold on Pochettino but he's done a very good job at Soton, no doubt.

But noone has said Poch is the finished article, just that he's proved a little more than Sherwood at this point. Don't understand why you're so pro Sherwood to the point of getting all ukip about it.

Steady on, man. I just admire the fact a totally inexperienced manager came in and got a team who couldn't score goals scoring plenty of them, playing very positive/watchable football and demonstrating Champions League form for half the season.

Steady on, man. I just admire the fact a totally inexperienced manager came in and got a team who couldn't score goals scoring plenty of them, playing very positive/watchable football and demonstrating Champions League form for half the season.

Yeah, he deserves credit for that but as I've already said he got them doing what everyone expected they were capable of considering the 100m they signed the summer before.

Again I refer to the absolute arsehole he proved himself to be more consistently than he managed to get his team winning. Can't see why you choose to ignore this point.

I refer to the absolute arsehole he proved himself to be more consistently than he managed to get his team winning.

Bit of an absurd statement given that he won most of his games in charge.

I refer to the absolute arsehole he proved himself to be more consistently than he managed to get his team winning.

Bit of an absurd statement given that he won most of his games in charge.

Think he won 60% or so? 100% arsehole, it's really not difficult.

I like you Mojo but I'm not wasting my time on this resentful guff.

No time for levity huh? Pity.

You're painfully wide of the mark here man.

Calm it doon lads  its just footy. Its not even nufc

I sort of agree with Ronaldo - on the face of it, what Sherwood did this season was miraculous. He had never managed so much as a paper bag before, yet had a 12-3-6 record in the league, which was the fifth best over that period. He also took a team that was struggling to score and squeezed more goals out of them than Arsenal managed in the same period (in one less game too). Also, it's slightly disingenuous to suggest that Bentaleb did nothing, given that he was really, really good at SJP. It's clear that playing Bentaleb was (1) Sherwood making a very clear point that AVB should have been bringing the kids through and that (2) that was what Levy wanted too. Ditto Adebayor.

Ultimately, Sherwood was rightly sacked because he is just not ready yet - not a versatile enough man-manager or tactician. I thought he came across as considerably less of an arsehole than I suspected - nobody really likes him at Spurs - and his candour was actually somewhat refreshing at times. He's just a bit too much of an arrogant prick :lol:. My respect for him actually increased considerably, yet I was still fucking ecstatic that he was sacked, and I'm chuffed he's no longer with the club. I think he was a bad influence behind the scenes, and I think that's one reason why Poch stands a better chance of succeeding in the long term than AVB.

I sort of agree with Ronaldo - on the face of it, what Sherwood did this season was miraculous. He had never managed so much as a paper bag before, yet had a 12-3-6 record in the league, which was the fifth best over that period. He also took a team that was struggling to score and squeezed more goals out of them than Arsenal managed in the same period (in one less game too). Also, it's slightly disingenuous to suggest that Bentaleb did nothing, given that he was really, really good at SJP. It's clear that playing Bentaleb was (1) Sherwood making a very clear point that AVB should have been bringing the kids through and that (2) that was what Levy wanted too. Ditto Adebayor.

Ultimately, Sherwood was rightly sacked because he is just not ready yet - not a versatile enough man-manager or tactician. I thought he came across as considerably less of an arsehole than I suspected - nobody really likes him at Spurs - and his candour was actually somewhat refreshing at times. He's just a bit too much of an arrogant prick :lol:. My respect for him actually increased considerably, yet I was still f***ing ecstatic that he was sacked, and I'm chuffed he's no longer with the club. I think he was a bad influence behind the scenes, and I think that's one reason why Poch stands a better chance of succeeding in the long term than AVB.

Bentaleb is a player I wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy. :lol: He had no business to be on the pitch ahead of some players.

...and yet, as I said, he was terrific against you. He's a kid. Younger than Bigirimana, same age as Aarons. Worst enemy FFS :lol:.

You watched us right? It's no feat being good against us

Leffe trying to make us change our minds on Bentaleb cause he played well against us this season. Even Pardew would run the show against our midfield if he could coach us and play against us at the same time.

...and yet, as I said, he was terrific against you. He's a kid. Younger than Bigirimana, same age as Aarons. Worst enemy FFS :lol:.

Leffe trying to make us change our minds on Bentaleb cause he played well against us this season. Even Pardew would run the show against our midfield if he could coach us and play against us at the same time.

A Pardew vs Pardew game would be something to behold.

:lol:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to hire 2 private investigators and ask them to follow the other then report back.

• 6 months later...

Any of our resident Spurs fans (or anyone else) have seating suggestions for WHL? Need 2 seats together for the league cup match. Looks like my options are the North Stand or West Stand (mostly upper). Trying to avoid pillars and have a decent view of the away support.

Your ticketing website kind of sucks by the way.  ;)