Micah Richards

Lotus

Guest Howaythetoon

I said all along he was no different to Taylor really. Massively overhyped and playing rubbish at the moment. Nothing like world-class and never will be. Decent player though.

I've never been a fan of him at centre half btw, as he gets away with a lot of his errors due to his pace and power, as he's certainly no reader of the game. He's a much better full-back. Although I have also heard he's very handy in a central midfield role.

I heard Richards is one of the most down to earth footballers you'll ever meet and he'll never let fame get to him as he had a rough upbringing, am i right or is that bullshit?

The area of Leeds he is from is pretty rough. Dunno what he is like tho

I said all along he was no different to Taylor really. Massively overhyped and playing rubbish at the moment. Nothing like world-class and never will be. Decent player though.

Actually, i'm sure i remember you saying Taylor was better than Richards. Well, they're both having a bit of a reality check from the hype now.

I think Richards wants to play CB because he'd more involved (nothing wrong with that) and he probably cruised it at reserve/youth level because of his athleticism, better at RB imo, would have more licence to attack more too. Oh well...

Guest Howaythetoon

Actually, i'm sure i remember you saying Taylor was better than Richards. Well, they're both having a bit of a reality check from the hype now.

I think Richards wants to play CB because he'd more involved (nothing wrong with that) and he probably cruised it at reserve/youth level because of his athleticism, better at RB imo, would have more licence to attack more too. Oh well...

I just called Richards the white Taylor, don't think I said wor player was the better. Actually I likened Richards to Duberry too who was similar at the same age, playing for Chelsea and performing well against top strikers, before being found out. Watching the highlights he wants shot for his part in their winner, he just gave up and didn't seem bothered.

Richards is a great talent, and is bound to come good in the end. I don't know why his form has slumped at the moment - maybe he wants out.

Did his knee last season and was out for 6 months iirc. Pretty sure he was injured for most of the summer too, when he was writing columns for the BBC.

Not the first, nor the last, footballer to suffer a big drop in form after such a serious injury. Hope it's not permanent, he has the talent to be amongst the best in the Premiership, and was the real star a year and a half ago when Dunne and Richards were the in-form central defence partnership in the Premiership.

Richards is a great talent, and is bound to come good in the end. I don't know why his form has slumped at the moment - maybe he wants out.

Did his knee last season and was out for 6 months iirc. Pretty sure he was injured for most of the summer too, when he was writing columns for the BBC.

Not the first, nor the last, footballer to suffer a big drop in form after such a serious injury. Hope it's not permanent, he has the talent to be amongst the best in the Premiership, and was the real star a year and a half ago when Dunne and Richards were the in-form central defence partnership in the Premiership.

I remember he also took a pretty bad knock to the head earlier this season, that like the Given injury might have shaken him up and lost some confidence.

Agreed