Mort is not prepared to rejoin Magpies

Thespence

Guest Howaythetoon

Mort is an intelligent and sensible man who carried out his decision making in that vein which at a pretty volatile club like ours is very much needed, especially now. I'd welcome him back with open arms. He's not a yes man either. You sense Mike Ashley values his opinion and experience. Furthermore he has no agendas which you couldn't safely say about any of the others.

Mort is an intelligent and sensible man who carried out his decision making in that vein which at a pretty volatile club like ours is very much needed, especially now. I'd welcome him back with open arms. He's not a yes man either. You sense Mike Ashley values his opinion and experience. Furthermore he has no agendas which you couldn't safely say about any of the others.

:lol: Qualify, err............. any of that please.

It was Mort who put the whole hated "system" in place.

It wasn't hated at the time though as everyone's roles appeared to have been defined. Yet that change during Keegan's tenure, which appeared to be the problem.

Guest Heneage

Good for the club. Llambias has been a disaster tbph.

How? I'm not on either side. But it seems bit like Wise guilty by association.

Either way I'd like Mort, he seemed very media savvy.

I really don't think we would have been in all of this mess if Mort had stayed on.

I agree Tooj - Mort's return would be a fantastic boost for both club and fans.

He was highly-respected during his time as Chairman and I for one would be delighted to see him back.

Ashley would be a fool NOT to reinstate him if he has any intention of keeping the club and frankly, even a new owner could do much worse than employ him as Chairman ; he learned the ropes very quickly and

kept the fans informed.

Fingers crossed......

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's been an absolute nightmare quite frankly. He was one of the people who oversaw this whole mess, yet he seems to abstain from receiving any criticism from a lot of folk.

I'd agree 100% with that. He's done a s*** job since he came in June/July and I'm glad Ashley has had the sense to bin him. Should never have been appointed.

Have i missed something, has Llambias been chucked?

He's been an absolute nightmare quite frankly. He was one of the people who oversaw this whole mess, yet he seems to abstain from receiving any criticism from a lot of folk.

I'd agree 100% with that. He's done a s*** job since he came in June/July and I'm glad Ashley has had the sense to bin him. Should never have been appointed.

Have i missed something, has Llambias been chucked?

No yet. But I made the comment on the assumption it all goes ahead and Mort comes back. :)

Have I missed something?  Ashley hasn't binned him or if he has then it's been done on the quiet.  All we have is something by Luke Edwards which tells us about Mort being willing to come back yet it doesn't carry a single quote from Chris saying that he'd come back.  Edwards has probably picked up on Mort being at the Spurs game and come up with something which may be far from the truth.

Have I missed something?  Ashley hasn't binned him or if he has then it's been done on the quiet.  All we have is something by Luke Edwards which tells us about Mort being willing to come back yet it doesn't carry a single quote from Chris saying that he'd come back.  Edwards has probably picked up on Mort being at the Spurs game and come up with something which may be far from the truth.

Aye, I jumped the gun. I just assumed there was some truth to it and it was in the pipeline. Hope there is tbh!

Aye, I jumped the gun. I just assumed there was some truth to it and it was in the pipeline. Hope there is tbh!

I also hope it's true, we'll just have to wait and see but the article looks to be a lot of nothing which is a pity.

If Mort came back, I'd be satisified with how things were going if Ashley were to take the club off the market. As things are going atm, he's not going to sell. The least we can do is sort things out in the current regime.

Bin Llambias, bring back Mort. Let's rebuild this club!

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we go back to the way things were Mort and Ashley i would be happy - fact

If Ashley was prepared to reinvest the money NUFC makes plus the 20mil he promised per season, i would be happy - fact